GDT: 3/21/21 - 4:00PM EDT - Florida vs Tampa Bay

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
POINTER!!!! ENFU kittens!!!!!

b60b27cdabe2459b0b958b7f354a13c7.gif
This makes me miss my pointer that passed 3 years ago. Right in the feels.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Refs were terrible and I never say stuff like that.

If we meet the Panthers in the playoffs w Vasy and with Kuch we are just the better team.

They are a bunch of punks who aren't used to winning.

This game got me fired up.

GO BOLTS!

Reactions: Steazy Doo and Hoek

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Kitten's GDT/post game thread is amusing to go through. Some comments are based in reality, but the majority claim we are floppers, cheap shot artists, whiners, and have the refs in our pocket. More reason to dislike them.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Kitten's GDT/post game thread is amusing to go through. Some comments are based in reality, but the majority claim we are floppers, cheap shot artists, whiners, and have the refs in our pocket. More reason to dislike them.
I mean - I'll say this. We are a pretty chippy team. Definitely finish our checks. Definitely start shit after the whistle. Definitely have some guys that start shit *before* the whistle. We are - and you can ask yourself what this says about the NHL as a whole - probably one of the rougher teams to play in the NHL right now, and certainly in our division. Outside of us, you have Vegas who plays kind of like that (at least with any degree of success), Calgary a bit?, the Isles but mainly from their fourth line, the Caps, and the Stars.

When our fourth line is out there and there's a whistle, look at what Maroon does. He is going to get uncomfortably close to a goalie, and probably bump him. And then look what the other team does. Nothing. Maybe a half-hearted shove, but that's it.

Look at what happens when someone bumps our goalie. There's going to be about four blue sweaters on him before he blinks. We play pretty hard.

Some credit to Florida - they have some of those guys too (Hornqvist most notably). The separation comes from our skill guys will do it too. Point, Cirelli, Stamkos, etc. will mix it up just as quickly as Gourde or Maroon or Goodrow. That probably makes us a pain in the ass some nights.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

If they think we're petulant now, wait til Kucherov comes back

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
To be fair it’s easy to see that this Florida team is legit. In a way I’m even happy to see them do well. But they’ve looked great before and then went nowhere in the playoffs. That roster is solid and well balanced but they’ll need a couple more tweaks IMO. I’m totally not impressed with Yandle for example.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
To be fair it’s easy to see that this Florida team is legit. In a way I’m even happy to see them do well. But they’ve looked great before and then went nowhere in the playoffs. That roster is solid and well balanced but they’ll need a couple more tweaks IMO. I’m totally not impressed with Yandle for example.
I still feel like almost everyone on their D corps is playing like... one spot higher than they should be outside of Ekblad. Add a number two to slide everyone down one spot and they look better probably.

Also you have to be nervous about goaltending with a journeyman and BobIgot10millionsostoppingpucksisnowoptionalovsky. I also don't like their C depth after Barkov.

So they're a fairly talented, but flawed group. And some of those flaws (goaltending) are nearly impossible for them to fix.

That's all to say: they're a solid team. Feel like they've outperformed their talent by a good amount so far, but the feast or famine in this division has been to their benefit.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

They need another center to complement Barkov. Aleksei Heponiemi and Anton Lundell are years away and will eventually do that job. But it does nothing for now. Easier said than done to go and get a guy but even the warm corpse of Eric Staal would probably be an upgrade over some of these guys.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I still feel like almost everyone on their D corps is playing like... one spot higher than they should be outside of Ekblad. Add a number two to slide everyone down one spot and they look better probably.

Also you have to be nervous about goaltending with a journeyman and BobIgot10millionsostoppingpucksisnowoptionalovsky. I also don't like their C depth after Barkov.

So they're a fairly talented, but flawed group. And some of those flaws (goaltending) are nearly impossible for them to fix.

That's all to say: they're a solid team. Feel like they've outperformed their talent by a good amount so far, but the feast or famine in this division has been to their benefit.

You hear about their "goaltending excellence" department?

Florida Panthers Establish Goaltending Excellence Department

1 guy for each limb

Peak LOL's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad