GDT: 3/21/17 - 7:30PM EDT - Arizona VS Tampa Bay

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Also, love that people are coming out at Cooper for these recent string of losses, these losses are probably the ones I blame him the LEAST all year.

Vasi had a poor night, and the defense is being it's usual self but the forwards were playing well, golden chances all night, no finish, that's not on Cooper. What's on Cooper is the lackluster 50 games to start the season.

Oh well, opening night next season is going to be a fun one with all eyes on Cooper.

You're right about the forwards. The reason the defense is so bad is because it's chaos in the defensive zone. Prime example is that 4th goal. 4 on 4 hockey and we are just chasing the puck around our own zone.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Yes because, without Stammer, for example last year we've reached the ECF...losing only in game 7 2-1...so we were very very close to another Stanley Cup Final.
This year, Cooper (but the entire coaching staff) has stinked a lot.
And, imho, he deserves to be fired at the end of the season.
I've never seen a contender that because one of the worst team in the league.
Imagine if Real Madrid or Barcelona football club, will not qualify for the Champions League...the first thing that the GM will do is fire the coach...

NJD have missed the playoffs at least once (maybe twice) after SCF appearances, mind you never had the player like tampa has now.

Kings missed a few years back, maybe even after the year they won.

Not entirely the same but winning teams have had down years here and there.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
There are still growing pains ahead for Vasy. And pains are painful.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Another rough night for Vas. Those were some weak goals to give up...

That said all our three goals were beautiful!

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Tough loss, defense was bad, Vasy even worse :cry:

4 Points lost to Arizona this season, those four points is the current difference..

Two losses to Vancouver, two losses to Arizona and a loss to Colorado. That's 10 points. Even 8 of those 10 points has us firmly in a playoff spot.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
There still are 10 games left. Islanders and Toronto have harder schedules than Tampa.

That's why I said all but over. When we can't win a game like this in the situation we're in against the second worst team in the whole league playing their second game of back to back, I'm not holding my breath.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
That's why I said all but over. When we can't win a game like this in the situation we're in against the second worst team in the whole league playing their second game of back to back, I'm not holding my breath.

This X 100000

You had to win yesterday.

This team stinks. Coaching stinks. Goaltending stinks.

Hopefully, we are better next year.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
This X 100000

You had to win yesterday.

This team stinks. Coaching stinks. Goaltending stinks.

Hopefully, we are better next year.

Next season won't change much vasy will still be up and down and cooper will be cooper still

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Next season won't change much vasy will still be up and down and cooper will be cooper still

Yep and Vasi hasn't even played a full season as a #1. We'll probably be a buble team again. Our cup window was 2015/2016 it doesn't look like they'd do anything this year so maybe we retool for a 2018 run.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yep and Vasi hasn't even played a full season as a #1. We'll probably be a buble team again. Our cup window was 2015/2016 it doesn't look like they'd do anything this year so maybe we retool for a 2018 run.

huh? we're already a bubble team, didn't you say Stamkos in = completely different team?

If healthy we should be a solid playoff team, only because Cooper holds the roster back from it's potential, we should be a top team in the league. But bubble team? lol I don't even think the worst pessimist think that.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
NJD have missed the playoffs at least once (maybe twice) after SCF appearances, mind you never had the player like tampa has now.

Kings missed a few years back, maybe even after the year they won.

Not entirely the same but winning teams have had down years here and there.

You're right, of course.
But, imho, in this case, the coaching staff does not deserve to stay with us also next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad