GDT: 3/20/21 - 4:00PM EDT - Chicago vs Tampa Bay

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Weird Vasy tonight. Shoulda gone tomorrow. Chicago is not a threat. Need 2 points tomorrow.

Colton is a nice surprise. I'm ok with Gourde on either the 1st or 2nd line. Well deserved.

Tomorrow will be a tough game.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Really he was minus 1 for the game and only won 50% of his face offs

Yeah, really. Considering Colton was the only player that was responsible enough to be exactly where he was supposed to be on DeBrincat’s goal.

In fact he was the only player not below the dots.

I do want to thank you for posting that because it just absolutely proves to me that you didn’t watch the game and you try to use stats you have no business invoking to justify your rather disturbing obsession with #9

Here let me help you out and post a video clip

Alex DeBrincat with a Goal vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I'm surprised that Vasi started today instead of tomorrow, but there's generally little reason to use the same goalie on a back-to-back, so McElhinney is probably in net. Hope for the best.

Worked out very well last time. Cooper desperately trying not win the division?

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Probably to secure the 2 points today. Any points tomorrow are bonus.

Chicago doesn't really matter for the Bolts. It's Florida you have to beat if you wanna win the division. Cooper gifted them some points already by not playing Vasi despite a one week break after that game.

Honestly, the other games don't really matter for the division win. Bolts should be able to keep up with Florida but if you lose the season series vs them it's gonna be tough to win the division. For some reason, Cooper really doesn't want to win the division. If you do want to win your division, playing your best goaltender vs your direct competition is a no brainer.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Chicago doesn't really matter for the Bolts. It's Florida you have to beat if you wanna win the division. Cooper gifted them some points already by not playing Vasi despite a one week break after that game.

Honestly, the other games don't really matter for the division win. Bolts should be able to keep up with Florida but if you lose the season series vs them it's gonna be tough to win the division. For some reason, Cooper really doesn't want to win the division. If you do want to win your division, playing your best goaltender vs your direct competition is a no brainer.
Maybe he’s tired of first round matchups with Columbus. Because they are gonna be #4.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
On one hand it's a great test and we've got a playoff rivalry going, but Columbus will be a very dangerous matchup. If not us, I could see them going really deep, and honestly I'd love to see it as long as it's not at TB's expense. Just feels inevitable with the way standings look.

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW

This is why I'm not quite as down on McElhinney as others are. The defense in front of him has been plain bad his last few starts. I'm not saying #35 doesn't deserve a lot of the blame because he does, but the defense has to do better! On to Vasi - I'm not sure there's another goalie on earth who would have come out of that 2nd period allowing 0 goals! The spectacular is becoming the normal for him.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

Chicago is a should win game in the sense that they’re the weaker opponent. Florida is a toss up anyway, they’re strong, it’s the second game in two days, both have played yesterday. Also doesn’t really matter if we finish 1st or 3rd in the division.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

What's with your obcession with winning the division? It's a meaningless title, they didn't win the division last year either.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
What's with your obcession with winning the division? It's a meaningless title, they didn't win the division last year either.

No obsession at all but finding it strange that Cooper is somehow desperate not to win it.

Just seems strange to willingly throw away a title you probably could win...and be it only the division title.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
I suppose it's possible if Coop knows his team needs some adversity to keep it hungry.

In any case, this is some pretty weak trolling. We're leading the division. And really, you're gonna have to do a lot better than that to get us pissed at our coach who's coming off a dominating Cup run and who is leading the league despite missing the best player in the league.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
No obsession at all but finding it strange that Cooper is somehow desperate not to win it.

Just seems strange to willingly throw away a title you probably could win...and be it only the division title.
I think it's more that Cooper doesn't care if we win it, which is the right approach.

All that matters is we make the playoffs, and we could sit half the roster and make the playoffs in this division.

Reactions: The Macho King

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
We are on like a 124 point pace or something like that and this f***er just can't help but to complain.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I don't care enough to the point of criticizing, but it would nice to see how we measure up against Florida by giving it our best shot. Then again sometimes it's better to sandbag a bit and get them overconfident before the games really count.

Reactions: BoltsFanSinceDay1

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Honestly think it's better when this team feels like they have something to prove. So maybe letting some other team win the division isn't the worst thing in my mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad