GDT: 3/20/18 @ San Jose Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
This team is so damn strange they'll probably get 3 out of 4 points against Pittsburgh and Tampa, and then lose to Carolina afterwards, mostly just to annoy the hell out of us.

Reactions: NJDevs26

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Just watched the game. WHY DID I DO THAT TO MYSELF?!!

Hynes looks like an idiot. Keep Schneider in there and let him get lit up. Now there's a seed of doubt in both goalies mind heading into Pittsburgh

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Just watched the game. WHY DID I DO THAT TO MYSELF?!!

Hynes looks like an idiot. Keep Schneider in there and let him get lit up. Now there's a seed of doubt in both goalies mind heading into Pittsburgh

Leaving Cory in to get lit up even more would have accomplished nothing.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Leaving Cory in to get lit up even more would have accomplished nothing.

Would have kept Keith fresh. Game was over with that effort, and Cory was already beyond repair by goal 4. Another period wasn’t going to change anything on that front.

At that point you need to protect Keith as priority number 1. Cory’s mental health is simply not a high priority anymore this season.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The time to pull Cory (to salvage the game) was either after the third goal or to come into the 2nd period.

Pulling at the fourth goal made no sense to me. If we left him in there to start the 2nd then we should have left him in the rest of the game. Maybe if he allowed 7 or 8 we get him out. I understand the rationale for keeping him in there after 3 goals. Hynes wanted him to try and battle through it and probably felt to yank him then was a pretty quick hook. Too quick of a hook.

I remember when he pulled Keith at 4 in the 2nd period in Ottawa, he said 4 was “Enough” or something like that.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
As you said Hynes probably wanted to let him battle through it, knowing that they might have to use him again on Saturday. Then the 4th goal went in and he went into damage control mode, probably hoping that Kinkaid could at least slow the bleeding enough for the team to score a goal or two and at least salvage something from the mess. Unfortunately they continued to play like crap and ended up giving up 2 more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad