GDT: 3/20/16 | Wild @ B-Hawks | 7:30PM CT ~ 2:30AM Suomi | NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
Much needed win. Avs are skating circles around the Oilers. 3-1 now, will likely only get worse the way things are looking.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
What the hell was up with Coyle? That was the worst I've seen him in years, I think.

Well a beauty of a SO goal. 'Attaboy Charlie.

Good win. On we go. But please separate Dumba and Reilly.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
What the hell was up with Coyle? That was the worst I've seen him in years, I think.

Well a beauty of a SO goal. 'Attaboy Charlie.

Good win. On we go. But please separate Dumba and Reilly.

Coyle had a few uncharacteristically boneheaded plays, but that was one hell of a shootout goal, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. The one I'm worried about is Parise. He's had barely any goals over the last 1/3 of the season, and last night missed a goddamn open net. Something's not right with him, and I'll just echo that recent Strib article and say that "hopefully" it's that he's been playing injured all year. Otherwise it means he's Pominvilled, and that will be terrible :(

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
So glad somebody finally had the testocular fortitude to put a good hit on Kane. Pretty sad though how Dumba falls backwards after hitting one of the tiniest guys tho lol

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
So glad somebody finally had the testocular fortitude to put a good hit on Kane. Pretty sad though how Dumba falls backwards after hitting one of the tiniest guys tho lol

Newton's Second Law. Both were skating with some power. Also I think it's partially because Dumba adjusted last second to make sure he didn't destroy him unnecessarily.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Newton's Second Law. Both were skating with some power. Also I think it's partially because Dumba adjusted last second to make sure he didn't destroy him unnecessarily.

yea you can definitely see that in a slow mo replay. Dumba probably could have knocked him out cold, but he would probably be looking at a suspension then as well

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Dumba went out of his way topple up and hit him with his chest and folded arms. If he had turned his shoulders perpendicular to Kane and hit him with his shoulder Kane would've been destroyed. It was actually a really smart play.

Panarin is lucky that Dumba didn't want to fight him.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Was surprised to see that the main board thread on the Dumba-Kane hit is mostly people saying the hit was clean. Dumba obviously realized this right before the hit which is why the collision was so awkward. Also, I get that Panarin wants to defend his linemate, but I didn't much care for his little slew-foot during that scuffle. Glad everyone is ok since that whole situation might have gone the other way with some bad luck.

Also, I thought Haula played great last night. He gets the first goal of the game and he went 18 for 22 in the faceoff circle. One thing that I didn't see though, did Haula see any ice time in OT last night? I know we were on the PP for a good chunk of OT, but I don't remember seeing Haula out there at all. Seemed like it would have been a pretty opportune time to get your recently hot, speedy center who has been winning faceoffs for you all night out there.

Kenny G

Jun 6, 2012
Minnesota
Was surprised to see that the main board thread on the Dumba-Kane hit is mostly people saying the hit was clean. Dumba obviously realized this right before the hit which is why the collision was so awkward. Also, I get that Panarin wants to defend his linemate, but I didn't much care for his little slew-foot during that scuffle. Glad everyone is ok since that whole situation might have gone the other way with some bad luck.

Also, I thought Haula played great last night. He gets the first goal of the game and he went 18 for 22 in the faceoff circle. One thing that I didn't see though, did Haula see any ice time in OT last night? I know we were on the PP for a good chunk of OT, but I don't remember seeing Haula out there at all. Seemed like it would have been a pretty opportune time to get your recently hot, speedy center who has been winning faceoffs for you all night out there.

I think Haula was on there just for a very short time. Of course Parise and Koviu are out there the majority of the time. Sure they are paid like top players but often are not. C'mon Torch ride the hot stick of the time.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Yeah. Koivu was not having a great game, and neither was Coyle or Suter but they were the first three out there in OT...was a bit of a head scratcher. Would think you'd go with Haula/Nino and Spurgeon or something like that.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think Haula was on there just for a very short time. Of course Parise and Koviu are out there the majority of the time. Sure they are paid like top players but often are not. C'mon Torch ride the hot stick of the time.

Haula was out there very briefly at the end. I think he would be perfect for 3v3. A defensively responsible speedster who can finish on breakaways, and has a 53 % FO . :dunno:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Dumba went out of his way topple up and hit him with his chest and folded arms.

Auto correct put in "topple". I have no idea what it means, or what I meant to say in the first place, but I like the sound of it, so I'm leaving it in.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Man I want to take control of that 8th spot. We would have to be involved in the closest race for a playoff spot. :laugh:

I don't want to get hurt at the last second. I either want us to make a move and take control over having it so close and losing the spot in a heartbreaking way.

Seriously we have finally found a way to consistently beat Chicago yet we are fighting for our lives for a playoff spot? It doesn't compute.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Seriously we have finally found a way to consistently beat Chicago yet we are fighting for our lives for a playoff spot? It doesn't compute.

Oh, we've never really had any big issues with Chicago in the regular season. It's the postseason where we look like deer in headlights while the Hawks remember how badly they can own us.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot

It was a great move by Dumba. Kane inexplicably put his ****ing head down while trying to power through, and Dumba saw that and let up. If he hadn't, Kane might be in the hospital right now. Likewise, if Kane hadn't put his head down at the last minute, Dumba wouldn't have touched his head at all.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Haula was out there very briefly at the end. I think he would be perfect for 3v3. A defensively responsible speedster who can finish on breakaways, and has a 53 % FO . :dunno:
Yeah, what the hell Torch? How do the coaches INSIST on Koivu playing in the 3v3!? He's too slow for it!

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Yeah, what the hell Torch? How do the coaches INSIST on Koivu playing in the 3v3!? He's too slow for it!

I think it's a FO% thing. Not sure what Koivu's up to the minute stat is, but there's this perception that he's absolute money on faceoffs, which, while he's good, he's not perfect. But the coaches seem to think it's enough of a reason to constantly have him on-ice in overtime. Thing is, once (if?) he wins a draw, he still has to keep up with the pace of OT, which can obviously be a challenge for him, and he's at risk of getting caught up ice if he tries too hard to score.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I think it's a FO% thing. Not sure what Koivu's up to the minute stat is, but there's this perception that he's absolute money on faceoffs, which, while he's good, he's not perfect. But the coaches seem to think it's enough of a reason to constantly have him on-ice in overtime. Thing is, once (if?) he wins a draw, he still has to keep up with the pace of OT, which can obviously be a challenge for him, and he's at risk of getting caught up ice if he tries too hard to score.

Koivu was under 50% from the circle last night while Haula was about 81%. Of course, you probably have to take matchups into consideration too, but Haula seemed to have the Hawks' number last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad