GDT: 3/20/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
I know I've been calling for it but I feel like at this point it's already been decided. Boucher has to go. It sucks. He's done well but whatever he does doesn't work in Tampa anymore.

Cooper is sending his troops to the big show one by one and the kids are all shining. And while those players in the big show are bringing the energy and effort to this team, he continues to win tight, important games.

It would be a horrible mistake for this organization to not secure Cooper going forward. If that comes at the expense of Boucher, so be it. What I've learned from the last few months and weeks with all these kids coming up is that Cooper has his boys in Syracuse better prepared to play NHL games than Boucher has his NHLers ready to play their games.

Time is up for Boucher. They may not announce it until the end of the season but he's gotta be done.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Its because this team lacks heart, you can go crazy and hit like a car out of control, but, you have to have heart. This team lacks that. We have the smallest line in the league out there and not ONE damn defenseman, I dont care about getting a penalty or the draw going out of the zone for jumping in, you get your ass in their and help your brothers. This isnt a cowards sport, yet they've made our team look like that. Year after year, we've never been since 2004...a team that can just physically wear the other team out. The last game against Philadelphia, we played outstanding in regards to physicality, but still nobody is there to protect the younger/smaller guys. They know when to pick their battles, but the opponent wont target them if they know they have hell to pay. But thats not the case.

I honestly, like I said a couple months ago, would LOVE to see Artyukhin back on this team. I'd LOVE to see Ryan Clowe, Colton Orr, Cal Clutterbuck, etc, somebody that can throw the body and WIN a fight (or at least throw more than 3 punches without getting dazed in every fight-Crombeen, thats you.). Its sickening. Look at the winning formula and the grit on the recent Cup winners. This team doesnt have that, not at all.

Right now, this is the lineup I wouldnt mind seeing. Plug the holes with whoever, this is who deserves to play on this team based on HEART:

?-Stamkos-MSL-no matter how bad marty has played at time, he has heart, dont let one season clog your memory banks
Tyrell-Johnson-Conacher
Killorn-Thompson-Pyatt/Palat

Hedman/Salo
Aulie/Gudas

I would not lose a wink of sleep if these listed were gone;

Malone, Purcell, Vinny(too many injuries, I'd rather trade him in hopes of something decent in return, great person but this is a business, time to break ties, he'll always be remembered for what he's done and I'll always keep the memories of him as a TB player, but he needs to move on), Carle, Brewer.

Whether these players are just emotionally/physically/etc drained, I have no idea, or its because of Guy. I havent got a clue, nobody but them really knows, but they arent showing motivation and that does stem from the captain of your ship, the coach of a team, and thats Boucher's fault. But its not entirely his fault with the way players make some decisions. Some decision making going on by very experienced players/cup winners, is pretty embarassing TO SAY THE LEAST! His "system" is hurting our players at this point, its a detriment to how they play.

You have to somewhere in your own analysis think of this;

You have an AHL farm team.
You have the NHL team.

You have Cooper.
You have Boucher.

One is winning.
One is losing.

One is dominating games losing their best players.
One is gaining more offensive and defensive depth, while losing 2 players to be fair, and is STILL losing.

One has a damn good record.
One has one successful year in each level, then spirals downhill.

Your call on what should be done, I know what I'd do.

Artyukhin would just cause more problems. And he's terrible.

Also, putting Clutterbuck's name alongside the likes of Orr and Clowe almost made me laugh.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
We have physical players. There is no reason for this team to play as soft as it does.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I think it's pretty safe to say that if we don't win the next 5-7 in a row, our season is done.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
If Boucher has changed the system for whatever reason. The only problem is that it just wont work unless Yzerman gives him quality NHL D-men. Carle, Brewer, Salo aren't going to cut it.

Wait why doesn't Salo cut it? He's been at worst the 1B Dman for us this season.

Salo is a friggen +12 on this ridiculous team, he's chipping in offensively and is the most reliable guy defensively.

Last edited:

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Wait why doesn't Salo cut it? He's been at worst the 1B Dman this season this season.

Salo is a friggen +12 on this ridiculous team, he's chipping in offensively and is the most reliable guy defensively.

I'm with you. Salo has had very few errors and been pretty damned stable for us.

Mr Underhill

Jan 25, 2007
Salo
Hedman
Gudas
Aulie
Johnson
Stamkos
Marty
Conacher
Palat
Killorn
...are all safe.

Purcell
Brewer
Carle
Vinny
Malone
...all need to get looked at to split.

The rest....whatever.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Salo
Hedman
Gudas
Aulie
Johnson
Stamkos
Marty
Conacher
Palat
Killorn
...are all safe.

Purcell
Brewer
Carle
Vinny
Malone

The rest....whatever.

You missed Lee, or were you thinking he's untouchable so no need to post him?

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
IMO get rid of Guy and bring in Cooper for the rest of the season so he has the rest of the season to warm up for next season. Cooper already has experience with half our roster and has done good things with him. I feel like we will still have Guy next season though..

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Salo
Hedman
Gudas
Aulie
Johnson
Stamkos
Marty
Conacher
Palat
Killorn
...are all safe.

Purcell
Brewer
Carle
Vinny
Malone

The rest....whatever.

Purcell - He has the best hands on the team I just wish he could do something else than handle the puck. He has been the only one able to bring the puck in the zone on powerplays.

Brewer - Get him the **** out of here.

Carle - Absolutely horrible play lastnight, maybe some new coaching can improve him?

Vinny - Injured 24/7

Malone - Injured 24/7 I think he adds a good amount of physicality and fire to the team, wouldn't be too upset to see him go though.

Mr Underhill

Jan 25, 2007
Purcell - He has the best hands on the team I just wish he could do something else than handle the puck. He has been the only one able to bring the puck in the zone on powerplays.

Brewer - Get him the **** out of here.

Carle - Absolutely horrible play lastnight, maybe some new coaching can improve him?

Vinny - Injured 24/7

Malone - Injured 24/7 I think he adds a good amount of physicality and fire to the team, wouldn't be too upset to see him go though.

Purcell is iffy..keep him if you wish.

Brewer is trash.

Carle is way overpayed for being mediocre at best.

Vinny gets payed astronomically too much for being an average producer who is injured all the time.

Malone...see vinny.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Add Pouliot as a maybe, if somebody is willing to overpay in a big way for him, I would be willing to send him away, but I doubt a team would pay more than a first and thats not enough to get him out of Tampa IMO

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
Purcell is iffy..keep him if you wish.

Brewer is trash.

Carle is way overpayed for being mediocre at best.

Vinny gets payed astronomically too much for being an average producer who is injured all the time.

Malone...see vinny.

Before his ankle injury this season, Vinny was the best forward on the team. It is seriously frustrating with his string of injuries; however, these are not of the chronic variety in which the same nagging injury keeps appearing. These are freak injuries that have been plaguing him. His salary is too high, not arguing that, but with what he brings to the table in other aspects of the organization it helps to balance the disparity.

And Carle might seriously benefit from some game plan adjustment. I think the issues with his game might be compounded by the coaching instruction and not his skill level. Same thing to a lesser degree with Brewer.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
Pouliot has been a pretty good player for us. Goes into the corners and the front of the net, good hands, fast, tall, good defensively. There is a lot to like about him.

If we keep Purcell, I'd like him to take boxing lessons over the Summer. Not to learn fighting skills, but to get over his fear of contact. Trading him to NJ for some of their D prospects might not be a bad idea though.

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
For the few that actually pay attention, now you see just how good Wayne Fleming was as a coach.

:(

Definitely looks that way, and still recall all the mentions of how Boucher relied on Fleming's analysis of game film, etc, even when he couldn't be behind the bench any longer.

Gives more credence to the possibility that Boucher's first season was more of an outlier, than the last two.

Yzerman has to address the coaching staff this off-season - that's on him to correct the issues. I'm in the belief that means a full overhaul at the head coaching position to Cooper, but at the very least he has to hand pick Boucher's assistants whether Guy likes it or not. Fleming was hired by Yzerman and not brought by Boucher to the organization from Hamiliton - that also stands out to me.

warlord6

Jan 13, 2010
FLA
Just watched the Lupul hit on Hedman. Hope Heds is ok. We don't need any more injuries.

I did notice a bunch of empty seats behind the benches. They should move the team to Quebec. :sarcasm:

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
We have physical players. There is no reason for this team to play as soft as it does.

Thats comical. Im not talking Tampa's standard for physicality, Im talking LA, Boston, Philadelphia, Pitts, these teams bring it game in and game out regardless of the score. You can wear teams down physically, but we cant with this crop of players.

Who is physical up front?

Killorn will hit but he hits the same as Stammer and MSL, thats not the guys we need hitting anyways so they get a pass :p:

Malone? When he isnt injured, sure, but how many games has that been?
Crombeen? He hits, forechecks and can barely throw 3 punches in a fight, he'd be a great 4th liner but not on this team, need to part ways and try somebody else out.
Thompson? Check, thats one that'll hit.
Labrie? But God only knows how long he'll be with the Bolts before they send him back down.
Gudas? our only dman looking to end somebodys night, you're not going to get that from the tray of cupcakes back there including Brewer and Carle.
Aulie? Occassionally, he isnt afraid and I like him, perfect 3rd pairing guy, hits, solid defensively and HOPEFULLY will progress.
Pyatt? Great player, hope he never leaves.

So, you're talking one line that basically only has enough skill to be on the 4th line, cant score, cant make plays and all of that "monstrous" physicality is on our 4th line.

Same thing goes for defense, our 3rd pair is the only one that I'd expect a hit from. Brewer used to play physical, now he just uses that lazy forearm shiver where he just tries to forearm the guy instead of actually hitting him.

So yes, we need some skilled guys that have a BURNING passion for the game, have heart and can play both ends and throw the body/fight when needed.

We do have pouliot who can hit but he's injured atm too so no need in mentioning him..

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga

This is my concern. We have huge guys like Aulie, Hedman, and Gudas on the blueline. When Aulie and Lee first came here, they were throwing huge hits and Lee was scoring well. Now, Lee hasn't even got a single point in 22 games, you have to think that the only difference between last season and this one is that Boucher has implemented his system, whereas last year they were allowed a little more freedom because they didn't know the system as well.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
I don't want Cooper brought in now. He's leading Syracuse straight into the playoffs and only a miracle run will save Tampa this year. Let Cooper have the job after Syracuse ends their season then let him have a fresh start with the new season.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I don't want Cooper brought in now. He's leading Syracuse straight into the playoffs and only a miracle run will save Tampa this year. Let Cooper have the job after Syracuse ends their season then let him have a fresh start with the new season.

This. Finish the seasons. Bring him in to give input on the draft. Smoothly transition away from Boucher. However, I'm not too sure about Boucher leaving honestly. SFY isn't too reactionary. Does things incrementally. I expect him to hand pick assistants instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00