Post-Game Talk: 3-2 Win over the Sabres. The System Works!

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I was at the game in my Oilers jersey and hat. Arco tied it and I yelled "s***!". All the Sabres fans looked at me weird...

It isn't about McDavid. I just wanted Eakins gone

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
image.jpg

See Mr. Katz? Progress.

We believe in the process. We believe in our plan. We believe in this core!!

Jun 9, 2011
Sometimes I just want Eakins and MacT to be right and we just need to be patient to see the results. Usually after a win. Just think of the movie!

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I missed all but about 5 minutes of the 1st, was it really that bad considering how many shots we had? Were they mostly poor quality shots?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I missed all but about 5 minutes of the 1st, was it really that bad considering how many shots we had? Were they mostly poor quality shots?

A lot of shots from all over the ice. But it wasn't only that. Buffalo is maybe the worst hockey team I've ever seen. It wasn't that the Oilers were particularly good. The Sabres are just... wow.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
I'm happy they won. I really am. That being said; it was to a brutal team. The fact that Eakins will be around longer sucks. I wont blame Eakins so much as I blame Lowe tho.

I just hope the Oilers can at least show a resemblance of a decent team on a consistent basis. That's not much to as for after 9 years of suck, is it?

Last edited:

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Eichel looks pretty good still, lol.
ee

I am here in Boston (got here yesterday to c Oilers Bruins from NS) and I just got back to hotel from the BU and BC game. Eichel played half the game for BU and Hanifin looked great for BC. I found Eichel coast around but when he wants to turn it up, he does. 2 fellas missed easy goals set-up from Eichel. He is not a bad consolation prize to McDavid.

Two other players I was impressed with were Micheal Matheson on D for BC and Ryan Fitzgerald

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I'm happy they won. I really am. That being said; it was to a brutal team. The fact that Eakins will be around longer sucks. I wont blame Eakins so much as I blame Lowe tho.

I just hope the Oilers can at show a resemblance of a decent team on a consistent basis. That's not much to as for after 9 years of suck, is it?

No, it isn't, but it's unfortunately, already obvious you won't get your wish. They wrote off the season before it started, they believe in Eakins, and this core. So there will be no real changes.

They simply refuse to believe they could have been wrong about anything. They will take this plan and process to the edge of Eternity, even if it kills them.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
A lot of shots from all over the ice. But it wasn't only that. Buffalo is maybe the worst hockey team I've ever seen. It wasn't that the Oilers were particularly good. The Sabres are just... wow.

Thanks, I find it damning that some say that it was a boring game when there was 80+ shots on net in this game. Honestly we should be walking through teams like these at this point in our rebuild, instead we win by a goal. :help:

rosemount289

Feb 12, 2008
I have to..........???

I have to agree. The Oilers are about the worst in their own zone even against the Sabres. They don't hit, they don't rub the opposition against the boards and the forwards do not know how to back check. And they gave the opposition too many quality shots against their own goaltender.

Tonight, just means we don't get McDavid.....but Eichel here we come!

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I have to agree. The Oilers are about the worst in their own zone even against the Sabres. They don't hit, they don't rub the opposition against the boards and the forwards do not know how to back check. And they gave the opposition too many quality shots against their own goaltender.

Tonight, just means we don't get McDavid.....but Eichel here we come!

Seems unlikely. I doubt Carolina is better than us either, along with some other candidates out there. The negativity around the Oilers is high because expectations are increasing, but make no mistake that this team is better than it was a few years ago.

When you add the lottery to the equation, the odds at a top two pick are just so low that it's not worth planning your season around. If the goal of tanking would be to get a top 2 pick, it's just not happening.

dobiezeke*

This game was the same as watching two homeless people fight. You watch because it's happening in front of you, yet you feel dirty for cheering either side.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

they were actually worser?

they must have some sort....of....worsening juice.....that the smoothies are unwares of.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Good AHL game.. Pakarainen must've felt right at home tonight

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
What exactly is this process?

I'm pretty sure Eakins got "The Process" from Nick Saban, head coach of the University of Alabama football team. With him they went to 7 bowl games, winning 5 since 2007. This is what Saban had to say about the "The Process":

“Don’t think about winning the SEC Championship. Don’t think about the national championship. Think about what you needed to do in this drill, on this play, in this moment. That’s the process: Let’s think about what we can do today, the task at hand.”

Seeing as Eakins got the earpiece idea also from a football coach , it's highly likely this is was Eakins' influence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad