Post-Game Talk: 3-2 Win over the Sabres. The System Works!

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Nice report.

I agree... this was an NHL game in name only. A decent AHL team would have given either of these teams more than they could handle and the goalies made the game look respectable.

Its why I said there really should be relegation and advancement. The Premiership has it right. Any team not worthy on the field, ice, etc doesn't deserve to be in a premier league. We should be a division 2 club by now..playing in Stockton.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
Notice how any player we bring to the big club looks good for a while? (Whether it may be from another nhl team or our own ahl team).Scrivens, Perron, Marincin, Pakarinen, heck even Aulie has looked decent. Then once these players are here for a while they seem to lose all of their good habits that they were displaying when they first arrived. I wonder if that is solely on the coaching staff or does the losing culture set in? I'm starting to think that Eakins is ruining all of these guys. Just look at some ex oilers Dubnyk and Gagner. They looked great under Kreuger and were then horrible once Eakins arrived. Same goes for Yakupov and probably others that I am missing. Coincidence?

We've all noticed.... Seriously if you gave Eakins two years with the Anaheim ducks they wouldn't make the playoffs.

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
Notice how any player we bring to the big club looks good for a while? Then once these players are here for a while they seem to lose all of their good habits...Coincidence?

square-peg-round-hole.jpg

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Notice how any player we bring to the big club looks good for a while? (Whether it may be from another nhl team or our own ahl team).Scrivens, Perron, Marincin, Pakarinen, heck even Aulie has looked decent. Then once these players are here for a while they seem to lose all of their good habits that they were displaying when they first arrived. I wonder if that is solely on the coaching staff or does the losing culture set in? I'm starting to think that Eakins is ruining all of these guys. Just look at some ex oilers Dubnyk and Gagner. They looked great under Kreuger and were then horrible once Eakins arrived. Same goes for Yakupov and probably others that I am missing. Coincidence?

I'm interested how many players that came and left with the Oilers over the past, say 3 years are actually still playing in the NHL compared to those who aren't. I feel like more players play themselves out of the NHL than not from this team.
And then we blame said players when a year or 2 later they publicly criticize the team. As if they shouldn't be mad that the Oilers ruined their career. 'But he was part of the problem!' is the common theme.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad