GDT: 3/2/14 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Colorado

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
That was all on Salo not being able to clear, wow he's been terribad this game.

Feel for Pyatt, he went -2 based on 2 bad plays by the defense.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Horrible defense on both of those goals. If they continue giving them chances like those this game could become pretty ugly pretty fast.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Giving up a goal, let alone multiple goals, after scoring yourself is so ridiculously deflating.

To expound on that last post - last time vs. Colorado, the Lightning scored late in the 2nd (Filppula) and then gave up two in pretty rapid succession afterwards.

The good news then is that they were up 3-0 at the time so they still lead, and ultimately won. They also didn’t give up another goal, but, jeez, come the hell on with this. Seeing that happen once against the Avs was enough.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
At least we can match their speed. They're pretty ****ing fast. Offense will take advantage of your mistakes too, as seen.

Also, I hate it when opposing players just walk in to a high scoring area uninterrupted.

Also sick of Malone gliding around. If there is a god, Malone will not be on this team next year. If he could be gone by the deadline, I would be ecstatic.

Purcell too. Although Malone looks worse to me.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
sad part is all three goals are 100% the second line.

I wont say what I think the problem is we been through this yet man its the trade deadline has to be someone stempniak someone who can give us a point every couple games and actually play some DAMMMED DEFENSE

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
At least we can match their speed. They're pretty ****ing fast. Offense will take advantage of your mistakes too, as seen.

Also, I hate it when opposing players just walk in to a high scoring area uninterrupted.

Also sick of Malone gliding around. If there is a god, Malone will not be on this team next year. If he could be gone by the deadline, I would be ecstatic.

Purcell too. Although Malone looks worse to me.

well someone moves next year cause money will not work to resign what has to be resigned without moving something out. So figure worst case malone is bought out.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
That was a very entertaining period. Just wish all three goals could have been by the lightning and not just one.

Now entering the 2nd which has not been kind to us recently.

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
Our defense sucks so hard why we have not pulled the trigger on some kind of move is beyond me. Looks like Purcell has rubbed off on Killer too, besides that hustle the other night from Alex they both just float around the ice waiting for the shift to be over.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
The Lightning found themselves trailing 2:13 after taking the lead.

At least they scored which gives some hope that there will be some more offense to come in this game. It seems like they're going to need it tonight.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Our D wasn't at fault on either of those in my mind - it was the forwards not playing good D. Pyatt let himself get dangled (and I think Gudas played that right by taking Landeskog out of the play), and I don't know how anyone didn't pick up O'Reilly on that play.

Anyway, at least the boys are skating, but it's a little wide open for my tastes... giving up a lot of chances.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Our D wasn't at fault on either of those in my mind - it was the forwards not playing good D. Pyatt let himself get dangled (and I think Gudas played that right by taking Landeskog out of the play), and I don't know how anyone didn't pick up O'Reilly on that play.

How can you blame the forwards on the 2nd one?

Salo had a year to clear while the Av's were making a change, he took 5 seconds to finally move the puck and he hit Duchene's shin while still in his zone, which resulted in a full rush by fresh Av's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad