GDT: 3/2/13 - 1:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Boston

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The good news is now we are in the running for Seth Jones. Let's keep this up and he's ours.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
If Vinny continues to bring nothing to this team, he should be traded to Montreal.

Ever since his precious ankle was hit by that Salo shot, he's been a crock of poo.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
If Vinny continues to bring nothing to this team, he should be traded to Montreal.

Ever since his precious ankle was hit by that Salo shot, he's been a crock of poo.

Nobody is taking Lecavalier anymore. He would have been a hard trade before. After these last few seasons, forget it.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
3-10-1 in the last 14

cat_fail-14136_medium.jpg

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
...and now for the reporting of the same ****ing stat lines we keep losing, and do nothing about:

Faceoffs: Boston boned us 37-20.

Shots: Boston 27-22.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Vinny started out the year very good. The reason was, his legs worked. Since that shot from Salo obliterated his ankle(guarantee you there is more to it than they are letting on), he's lost his legs.

Vinny with legs = checking everything that moves. It would hurt Syracuse but, Angie and Wyman would be welcome additions. The Lightning Love to win, Syracuse hates to lose. There's a world of difference between those two things.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Uh, Hedman played the actual 2 on 1 like **** man. No way you can claim anything else. The series of events that led up to the 2 on 1 were all on Brewer and Stamkos though.

Watch where Hedman was on that play, he went to a knee and was a good foot inside the actual shooting lane, it was atrocious. He either has to force Bergeron by attacking his body with stick on puck, or he has to take the pass away entirely. He did neither. It was about 4 **** plays by 4 different players to leave Garon hanging out to dry in an impossible situation.
You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
There are a few negatives in this game, but based on how we've played over the last two weeks, there are a lot of huge positives.

1. We actually played team defense, and did it fairly well.
2. Managed to really frustrate a very good hockey club today. This wasn't a ****** game against Winnipeg or Buffalo, this was a solid game against one of the best teams in the league.
3. Killorn played like his life was on the line, and actually got BETTER when he took on a bigger role, and those roles were both PP AND PK time. That, for a kid, is downright impressive. That is HUGE. That creates options on the top line.
4. This is the best i've seen Teddy probably all year. Actually playing defense, making smart decisions with the puck in the offensive zone.
5. Garon is such a great presence for the team even when the team isn't playing well. At this point, it really woldn't be a bad idea to extend him another year.
6. We hung in with one of the best teams in the league while basically rolling three lines and one extra forward. We still were putting the screws on them in the final minute.

What Dinger said during an intermission might be true and what this team needed - to basically just get the ****ing snot pounded out of us by someone to reset everything and get rolling again.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
If Lecavalier is really hurt, he shouldn't be playing. Although our slump coincidentally started at that exact moment.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I have never heard Boucher this upset:

Boucher Post Game 3/2

https://soundcloud.com/tblightning/

Nor I.

This is why Boucher doesn't need to be fired.

He is a better hockey mind than ALL OF US. This is why we are here, and he is the head coach of a National Hockey League team.

HE KNOWS what is wrong with this team. He just doesn't tell the media. It was either LS or Days that opened my eyes to it the other day. He isn't going to call anyone out (except he sort of called Brewer out on this one).

He is aware of all the cogs that keep this machine turning, and he is aware of the faults. He doesn't tell Marty to make no-look passes. He doesn't tell Vinny put lead in his skates. He preaches systematic, methodical hockey, which is what we got today, minus a few mistakes by THE PLAYERS.

He has every right to be upset. Especially when we gambled like he said on that last play to give them the go-ahead goal when we needed DEFENSE.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
His voice is sort of raspy. Must have been yelling recently.

I don't like the politics of this, but this is the type of clip I think we as fans have been wanting to hear.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
His voice is sort of raspy. Must have been yelling recently.

I don't like the politics of this, but this is the type of clip I think we as fans have been wanting to hear.

That's one hypothesis. :sarcasm:

At some point the team needs to be made publicly accountable, right? Not sure if there is a better time than before diving into a brutal road game stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad