GDT: 3/2/13 - 1:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Boston

This team = false hope syndrome. We knew we were going to lose this game before hand...they rope us in with a great 1st period up 2-0, and we start thinking we can win this one. Then the Lightning put the fork in the light socket, and we're ****ed.

OH...what a win would have done for this team. Poor Garon, the guy is getting no love from his team on the ice.

They do it every god damn game. Just tonight we started with a lead which was different. But every game they battle back to make it close, but it is irrelevant because we will always lose by 1.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Why the **** did Vinny skate into the ref there? Why did he miss the chance wide open? Why was he on the ice in the first place?

That was so on the ref. He had no place of being where he was on the ice.

But other than that, I agree, Vinny looked terrible tonight.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
haha oh vinny even after that last embarrassing fumble you are still my favorite player.

that was embarrassing, he wasn't moving his legs at all, and against Chara of all people

what's more hilarious is seeing St.louis come up with the puck 10 seconds later and take 2 side steps and easily goes around Chara

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
i thought the team battled hard, actually played physical but dumb mistakes by vets are killing this team. just let the kids play.

Why does Brewer try to make that a 3 on 1? You are on the PK, you know better than that. I don't think I noticed Purcell at all.

Killhorn and Conacher are the best players on this team. period.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Very impressive effort today by the lightning. People that Bruin team is GOOD. They competed hard and just came up short. If they played like that every game we would win most games. Feel sorry for the guys today Killorn was excellent today as was Labrie in his limited time. Wish they would have used Conacher more especially late in the game. Overall I was quite impressed.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Purcell played his typical 5minutes of decent hockey. He factored in both goals for. Then he shut it down because, if he showed more effort, Boucher may healthy scratch him.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
If you watch that game and thought the effort was impressive...

Well ****, I don't know what to tell you.

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
Did you all see the point when Boucher was talking to Vinny on the bench and he just looked totally spaced out then finally just nodded his head. He looked disinterested in what the coach was saying.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
I think it was a quite good away game, got off with a good start, Garon played well and while we didn't have that many shots we created a lot of quality chances, should have buried a few more of those.

PP got also off with a good start, then it got all too neat and dandy, which is so annoying, instead of trying fancy stuff keep it simple, is it so hard to understand? Waste of time to wait for the perfect opportunity...

In the third we were the better team, so it was a tough loss, effort was there at least tonight.

That was so on the ref. He had no place of being where he was on the ice.

But other than that, I agree, Vinny looked terrible tonight.

Extremely on the ref. He was standing in the middle of the play and made no effort to get in correct position.

ALLL ABOARD.
failboat.jpg

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Did you all see the point when Boucher was talking to Vinny on the bench and he just looked totally spaced out then finally just nodded his head. He looked disinterested in what the coach was saying.

He always does that. That's his version of the Jokinen CheeseBurger Manuever.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket

Oh, please lol.

I've seen that same look on any other player on any other team. He was tired.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Uh, Hedman played the actual 2 on 1 like **** man. No way you can claim anything else. The series of events that led up to the 2 on 1 were all on Brewer and Stamkos though.

Watch where Hedman was on that play, he went to a knee and was a good foot inside the actual shooting lane, it was atrocious. He either has to force Bergeron by attacking his body with stick on puck, or he has to take the pass away entirely. He did neither. It was about 4 **** plays by 4 different players to leave Garon hanging out to dry in an impossible situation.

This, but it's a priority. Covering the pass is the first thing, but if he can also angle the man with the puck away, then he should do that too, but not at the expense of covering the pass.

Last edited:

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Very impressive effort today by the lightning. People that Bruin team is GOOD. They competed hard and just came up short. If they played like that every game we would win most games. Feel sorry for the guys today Killorn was excellent today as was Labrie in his limited time. Wish they would have used Conacher more especially late in the game. Overall I was quite impressed.

Neither "impressive" nor "very impressive" effort today. Maybe for 10 minutes, but that is it.

Purcell disappeared. Vinny never showed up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL

If that impressed you my friend you are way too easy.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
If you watch that game and thought the effort was impressive...

Well ****, I don't know what to tell you.

This, if you watched the Bruins without any blinders on, now that's effort, they caught just about every single loose puck in all 3 zones, great fore checking and applied ridiculous amounts of pressure to our pointmen on the PP, now that's impressive.

Outside Conacher and Kilorn, I didn't see much on our side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad