GDT: 3/2/13 - 1:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Boston

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Nor I.

This is why Boucher doesn't need to be fired.

He is a better hockey mind than ALL OF US. This is why we are here, and he is the head coach of a National Hockey League team.

HE KNOWS what is wrong with this team. He just doesn't tell the media. It was either LS or Days that opened my eyes to it the other day. He isn't going to call anyone out (except he sort of called Brewer out on this one).

He is aware of all the cogs that keep this machine turning, and he is aware of the faults. He doesn't tell Marty to make no-look passes. He doesn't tell Vinny put lead in his skates. He preaches systematic, methodical hockey, which is what we got today, minus a few mistakes by THE PLAYERS.

He has every right to be upset. Especially when we gambled like he said on that last play to give them the go-ahead goal when we needed DEFENSE.

:cry:

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Good for GB. Absolutely called Brewer and Stamkos out on that play. Brewer does that though...he frequently forgets he's a defenseman (not sure what he thinks he is if he's not on D). Stamkos has to hit the net, and realize a missed net from a slap shot on PK cause problems.

I completely agree that the mistake wasted 58 minutes of good hockey...I'm not sure all 58 were good, specifically the 1:15 we gave up 2 goals, but the OT point was there, and that mistake eliminated it. The PK was clicking for most of the 4 min penalty, and Brewer-Stamkos got greedy, forgot why they were out there, and the whole team was punished for it.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
He called out Brewer because Brewer should ****ing know better than to jump up on the play shorthanded in a tie ****ing road game with 2 minutes left.

The soft and shy plays from Carle and the boneheaded mental errors from Brewer are awful hard to overcome. Against even mediocre teams, mistakes end up in your net. Brewer left Hedman and Garon to burn. And they got burned. Stamkos lit the match, Brewer threw some gasoline on it.

Sear91

Jun 26, 2007
Tampa
Terrible, TERRIBLE gamble at the end... WHY WOULD YOU RUSH ON THE PK WHILE TIED WITH 2 MINUTES LEFT AGAINST THE BRUINS, IN A BUILDING THIS TEAM AT ONE TIME WON ONE GAME IN 13 YEARS IN. So disappointed in the hockey sense of this team.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Thanks. Hopefully someone will take MAB from us for a 7th or something.

Why? The guy is one of the very few who does what we want the whole team to do: He puts the puck on the net. Over the last three games he had 14 shots on goal. Even last season when he had to play 20+ minutes some nights he was a lot better than he got credit for. Yes, he has his WTF moments but as a #6 or #7 D we could do a lot worse, especially since he's our Salo replacement on the PP.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
So Boucher talks about 'breaking the bad habit of offense first play'. Does anyone else disagree with this?

I don't believe gambling is appropriate - so Brewer should have stayed back or at least tailed the play at the end of the penalty kill - but this team struggles to get goals playing the way it has. But a consistent forecheck is necessary to prevent extensive lengths, so watching players bail to retreat to our defensive zone is annoying - and ineffective.

Garon and the team defense can only withstand so much beating. The defense first approach is leading to lopsided SOG counts game after game.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Boucher is dead on with what he said. 58 minutes of good hockey wasted by one play. Guys they weren't that bad until that point. There was a lot of heart and determination shown against a FAR superior team out there. I do have to wonder about Vinny though, he must be playing hurt and if he is he shouldn't be getting so many minutes of ice time.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
As long as they aggressively forecheck they can play defense first. I think Boucher just wants smarter less risky hockey. Smart plays at the blue lines etc. So far we don't do that. We make no look drop passes at the blue lines...

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
Boucher is dead on with what he said. 58 minutes of good hockey wasted by one play. Guys they weren't that bad until that point. There was a lot of heart and determination shown against a FAR superior team out there. I do have to wonder about Vinny though, he must be playing hurt and if he is he shouldn't be getting so many minutes of ice time.

Maybe it's just me but I don't think Vinny's been the same since he had his wrist surgeries. His puck control and stick handling just isn't as good as before.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Maybe it's just me but I don't think Vinny's been the same since he had his wrist surgeries. His puck control and stick handling just isn't as good as before.

Shoulder and Wrist surgeries derailed his career. He was healthy finally during an off-season this year, got to actually focus on the game instead of rehab and it showed in his start. Then Salo bounced an absolute cannon shot off his ankle. Hasn't looked the same since.

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
that was embarrassing, he wasn't moving his legs at all, and against Chara of all people

what's more hilarious is seeing St.louis come up with the puck 10 seconds later and take 2 side steps and easily goes around Chara

Thats exactly why the Lightning were NOT impressive. I know how good Boston is and we lost a 1 goal game playing like that. The guys that we needed to be on the same page together were not and Vinny didnt have his skates under him. The best defensive play was made by Gonacher in the 1st period. After that...blah. It could have been a huge win in Boston.

NiKrejci

May 11, 2009
Hey guys, visiting Bruins fan and I just wanted to say Teddy Purcell is very underrated. I'd love him on the Bruins.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Hey guys, visiting Bruins fan and I just wanted to say Teddy Purcell is very underrated. I'd love him on the Bruins.

He is underrated when he decides to show up for the game or hasn't made any great moves. Otherwise he is useless because he would cry like a baby instead of checking somebody to get the puck back.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012

The Bruins win because they don't tolerate soft players like Purcell. I don't care if he's skilled and can put up points that's not what the Bolts need. We need grit and players with that hate to lose attitude. I tell you what will trade Purcell for Seidenberg.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I've noticed something in the Wings/Hawks game.

Everybody is aware of where their teammates are. That is something we are lacking. Sharp, quick passes to each other.

Also, there is MOVEMENT on their power plays. We are totally stagnant for the most part.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
I've noticed something in the Wings/Hawks game.

Everybody is aware of where their teammates are. That is something we are lacking. Sharp, quick passes to each other.

Also, there is MOVEMENT on their power plays. We are totally stagnant for the most part.

Write it to Boucher on Twitter :sarcasm:

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
BEeSt1bCcAAijE8.jpg:large

This makes me feel better too. So, not only did Stamkos blast a puck off the net, not only did Brewer jump into the play with 2min left in a tie game on the road in a building the Bolts have nightmares about, but the linesman booted his one real job for good measure as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad