GDT: 3/19/16 - 10:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Arizona

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Call me biased again if you will, but Brown was hacking at a goalie in clear control of the puck, which is slashing by definition as far as I know.

As Duclair was the clear aggressor he deserved the extra 2 of course, but 4 instead of 2 just seemed silly to me.

Maybe it's a makeup call for the crappy 5 on 3 the officials gifted us earlier, considering 2 of those 3 penalties called were crap.

not sure he had clear control. but yeah 2min would have been suffice.

Lovethiscity

Nov 9, 2014
Tampa, FL
Call me biased again if you will, but Brown was hacking at a goalie in clear control of the puck, which is slashing by definition as far as I know.

As Duclair was the clear aggressor he deserved the extra 2 of course, but 4 instead of 2 just seemed silly to me.

Maybe it's a makeup call for the crappy 5 on 3 the officials gifted us earlier, considering 2 of those 3 penalties called were crap.

oh, yeah and I'm pretty sure Brown knew what he was doing there too.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
not sure he had clear control. but yeah 2min would have been suffice.

oh, yeah and I'm pretty sure Brown knew what he was doing there too.

I'm glad we agree.

I'm a referee myself (scorekept today due to being unable to skate for health reasons) so it's hard for me to have any bias whatsoever when it comes to penalty calls. Sometimes I think the NHL cracks down harder than they need to on aggressors in altercations, but that's the only real criticism I have against NHL officiating. The standard of enforcement is looser in both restraining and aggressive fouls, but it's pretty consistent in either direction, so I just shrug my shoulders at it.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Well, the excitement has thus far continued, still 1-0 but the Lightning are due to blow it now. How will we pull off such a feat? Breakaway, own goal?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Both teams played "blah". Domingue played very well, and Bishop answered the call when it was put to him.

2-0 Tampa is an appropriate result to how both teams played.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
plenty of good this game

first note was going to call a bishop shut out but we have rule here and i do not do well in predictions lol

happy with the game overall nothing else to say lots of good not sooo much bad this is the team i like to see play

obviously would like to get more goals but we had some decent chances

good job boys

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
plenty of good this game

first note was going to call a bishop shut out but we have rule here and i do not do well in predictions lol

happy with the game overall nothing else to say lots of good not sooo much bad this is the team i like to see play

obviously would like to get more goals but we had some decent chances

good job boys

Drouin time ?

scryan

May 1, 2013
Kings beat Bruins and Vinny added an assist.

Kings fan here to say "Thank you Lightning"

Was worried that 4 min PP and the offensive zone boarding would cost us our clinch... But you all held it down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad