Pre-Game Talk: 3/18 - Game 68 - Bruins Venture Into the Wild - 2pm ET - NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm a big Jack Edwards fan, even today as he's lost step. But my one complaint is how goes a bit overboard praising opponents who grew up in the surrounding area. This is especially true with Beniers and Boldy, so I hope the Bruins contain the latter tomorrow.

I used to follow the Wild, as the last incarnation of the Houston Aeros was their AHL club. I got to see a lot of great players, "Before they were famous," so to speak, including Charlie Coyle.
20587d3c73dbccf738cbac84d821ac93.png

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
IIRC, there was an epic thread some 10 years ago on that board where one fan created the GDT and replied to themselves throughout the entire game because no one else was online. I wish I could find it but I’m sure it’s long gone on an old version of HF somewhere.

They didn’t have a lot of fans at that time and I’m not sure if they still do. Haven’t lurked over there in a looong time.
Wow, that's crazy. When I was about 13, there was a girl I went to school with who moved to Ontario from Minnesota - the first real American I was exposed to (we had moved from England a couple of years before this). She was something else - she played hockey (not many girls did back then) and loved her Minnesota North Stars. I was in awe of her....lol I already loved the Bruins but her passion was unreal to me at the time. It was probably her on the board....lmao!! Thanks for stirring those memories!!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
IIRC, there was an epic thread some 10 years ago on that board where one fan created the GDT and replied to themselves throughout the entire game because no one else was online. I wish I could find it but I’m sure it’s long gone on an old version of HF somewhere.

They didn’t have a lot of fans at that time and I’m not sure if they still do. Haven’t lurked over there in a looong time.
Another epic thread "Raptor Jesus". Guy was watching a Thrashers game while high and called Peverley Raptor Jesus and it just took off

Thefours

Feb 27, 2022
Next 16 days the Bruins have 10 games, that's just down right lunacy from the schedule maker at this time of the season. Bruins do catch a big break though to day with Foligno and Middleton likely to miss the contest a whole lot of heavy and physicality out of the line-up for the wild
Agree, dog days ahead of us but as a Bs fan, always love watching (especially with our designated mascot)

Attachments

• MFinch.jpeg
    MFinch.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 1

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Next 16 days the Bruins have 10 games, that's just down right lunacy from the schedule maker at this time of the season. Bruins do catch a big break though to day with Foligno and Middleton likely to miss the contest a whole lot of heavy and physicality out of the line-up for the wild.

NHL schedules for several teams as you say is sheer lunacy. They league knows the playoffs are the showcase, yet jam in as many games down the stretch as they can. 10 games in 16 days…….where as in all of November the Bruins played 12 games. Stupid.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
That game was insane...and just one of the many many memories created during the SC season

hoping this run is equally as much fun
That year was one of... if not the best in my sports history of going to Boston Sports Teams. And I have been lucky and blessed to have gone to Stanley Cup Finals .....NBA Finals .....World Series ..... 3 US Open Finals .....But never a Super Bowl .....That is on my long Bucket List......Still Life isn't that bad :)

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Another day game. At the park now with the girls. No way in hell I’m sitting inside for the game on this beautiful day. Would love to listen on the radio but I don’t think iPhones can stream AM/FM and the audio can’t be streamed. If anyone knows of a valid audio stream that would be phenomenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad