Pre-Game Talk: 3/18 - Game 68 - Bruins Venture Into the Wild - 2pm ET - NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Saturday, March 18 (Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery available to the media at approximately 11:40 a.m. CT

- Game vs Minnesota Wild, 1 p.m. CT (TV: NESN, Radio: 98.5)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following the game

- Travel to Buffalo

Sunday, March 19 (KeyBank Center, Buffalo, NY)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery available to the media at approximately 11:40 a.m.

- Game vs Buffalo Sabres, 1 p.m. (TV: NESN, Radio: 98.5)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following the game

- Travel to Boston

Monday, March 20

- TBD

Tuesday, March 21 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA | TD Garden, Boston, MA)

- Morning skate, 11 a.m. (Warrior Ice Arena)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following morning skate

- Game vs Ottawa Senators, 7 p.m. (TV: NESN, Radio: 98.5) (TD Garden)

Wednesday, March 22 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)

- Practice, 11:30 a.m.

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following practice

Thursday, March 23 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA | TD Garden, Boston, MA)

- Morning skate, 11 a.m. (Warrior Ice Arena)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following morning skate

- Game vs Montreal Canadiens, 7 p.m. (TV: NESN, Radio: 98.5) (TD Garden)

Friday, March 24 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)

- Practice, 11:30 a.m.

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following practice

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Thanks Ali!

The good for the Bruins: the Wild are missing some key players in Kaprizov, Foligno and Bronin.

The bad: Minnesota haven't lost in regulation since February 15 and have scored 21 goals in their last 4 games. They're up there with LA as the most in-form teams in the league right now.

But really I think this is a good thing for the Bruins. The Wild will challenge them, even undermanned, and hopefully give them a playoff-quality contest. They're a well-built team that's got good balance, and all that's holding them back at all is a lack of genuine top-end talent. These are the kinds of games I'd like to see Boston rise to the occasion for in this last month. Really don't care about playing the likes of the Blackhawks - phone those in as much as you want. But, as I've said before, this game, and Tampa, Carolina etc. later on, these are good tests, so use them well.

Shame both Folignos are out for this one. Glad Lauko is playing again, hopefully he gets more than 6 mins this time.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Thanks Ali!

The good for the Bruins: the Wild are missing some key players in Kaprizov, Foligno and Bronin.

The bad: Minnesota haven't lost in regulation since February 15 and have scored 21 goals in their last 4 games. They're up there with LA as the most in-form teams in the league right now.

But really I think this is a good thing for the Bruins. The Wild will challenge them, even undermanned, and hopefully give them a playoff-quality contest. They're a well-built team that's got good balance, and all that's holding them back at all is a lack of genuine top-end talent. These are the kinds of games I'd like to see Boston rise to the occasion for in this last month. Really don't care about playing the likes of the Blackhawks - phone those in as much as you want. But, as I've said before, this game, and Tampa, Carolina etc. later on, these are good tests, so use them well.

Shame both Folignos are out for this one. Glad Lauko is playing again, hopefully he gets more than 6 mins this time.
Not to disrespect them but they haven't played a team close to the Bruins caliber since the Leafs on Feb 24th, which they lost 2-1 in OT.

Reactions: hrdpuk and bruins19

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Not to disrespect them but they haven't played a team close to the Bruins caliber since the Leafs on Feb 24th, which they lost 2-1 in OT.

They did play Dallas during this run too, but otherwise yes they've had a pretty favorable schedule of late. Still, it's good going to essentially not lose for a whole month. I'm not trying to build them up to be some sort of world-beater, just saying they're a solid team that's in good form. If they play well then they'll give our boys a good contest, and that's all we can ask for.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
They did play Dallas during this run too, but otherwise yes they've had a pretty favorable schedule of late. Still, it's good going to essentially not lose for a whole month. I'm not trying to build them up to be some sort of world-beater, just saying they're a solid team that's in good form. If they play well then they'll give our boys a good contest, and that's all we can ask for.
Dallas was the start of their run and they won 2-1 in the shootout, but yeah they haven’t lost in regulation since Colorado (as you stated) over a month ago. I've watched a few of their games on ESPN+ and I wasn't that impressed but those were all some of their lower scoring games prior to the last week.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
dave-chappelle.gif

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I've always had a soft spot for the Wild. Although every time it looks like they have a chance to break through, they come up short in the playoffs. I always thought they just ran into those insane Hawks teams too often, but they haven't done much since the Hawks fell off.

With that said, I hope we stomp them tomorrow and most importantly win or lose, no more injuriesssss. Ullmark vs. Gus will be a very good goalie battle.

Reactions: BMC and hrdpuk

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
So we have Folignos out on both sides? Should be an even game then.

Wild have been playing well, this should be a good test and a good game.

Reactions: BMC

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I went to go see some more insight on the Wild but there's no pregame thread or anything on their board.
IIRC, there was an epic thread some 10 years ago on that board where one fan created the GDT and replied to themselves throughout the entire game because no one else was online. I wish I could find it but I’m sure it’s long gone on an old version of HF somewhere.

They didn’t have a lot of fans at that time and I’m not sure if they still do. Haven’t lurked over there in a looong time.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
IIRC, there was an epic thread some 10 years ago on that board where one fan created the GDT and replied to themselves throughout the entire game because no one else was online. I wish I could find it but I’m sure it’s long gone on an old version of HF somewhere.

They didn’t have a lot of fans at that time and I’m not sure if they still do. Haven’t lurked over there in a looong time.
Wow I actually feel bad.

I've been here for what seems like a long time and always enjoy conversing with everyone, Bruins board is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad