GDT: 3/18/19 - 7:30PM EDT - Arizona vs Tampa Bay

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Yeah, it's gonna be a slog, and I don't think we can expect to keep up our current pace or anything close to it.

That said, the one thing that bodes REALLY well for our playoff hopes? The bottom-six looks like they're in playoff mode already, and I don't see us running into the same depth problems we had last year so long as they stay at this level. I mean, 2019 Paquette >>>>>>>>> 2018 Paquette alone. Not even to mention Rookie Joseph, Sophomore Cirelli, and Time Machine Killorn.
Our depth is the key. In addition to the way our young guys are playing, the one thing I've noticed and that really stood out tonight is how we can seemingly put together at least a line to solve any kind of defensive system a team wants to play. Our top guys might struggle against a clogged neutral zone but, say, Gourde and Cirelli aren't going to be bothered by it too much. They love throwing the puck into the zone because they get a bunch of time to line up some poor, unfortunate defenseman before getting the puck right back. On top of that, most of our guys are fine playing a variety of different ways. We're pretty adaptable as a team now, whereas we as it doesn't seem like we were this adaptable in the past. We'd try to force our style of play on other teams, and it wouldn't always work.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
In the final minute and half on the PK, McDonagh goes down to block a shot right in front of the net. Imagine losing McD 2 weeks before playoffs to a game against the Coyotes....

We need to sit this guy the last couple of games.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
In the final minute and half on the PK, McDonaugh goes down to block a shot right in front of the net. Imagine losing McD 2 weeks before playoffs to a game against the Coyotes....

We need to sit this guy the last couple of games.
Man these 'warrior' type of guys always do that. Member Callahan or Girardi?

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
So great seeing both goals (Stammer's record and the President's trophy) accomplished on home ice last night. I'll be in Tampa for our next home game against the Bruins. Can't wait to see the President's trophy presented to us!

Reactions: LightningStrikes

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4