GDT: 3/18/17 - 7:00PM EDT - Washington VS Tampa Bay

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
So, if this team is serious about getting to the playoffs they're going to win the next three games and at least four of the next five. We're playing Arizona and Detroit in three of those five games so those games you absolutely have to win and then you have to win one of the two games against the Bruins and the Blackhawks. I sincerely hope we get Johnson back because we're not winning four games with this center group.

Pretty much. At the point where we need at least 8/10. 9/10 should be the goal. Any less than 8 and it's GG.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We still play Toronto once. We have to win that game and take advantage of our schedule. Still doable...but we are running out of games

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Cooper just said that "their backs are against the wall". Glad he realizes what kind of situation he's got us in.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Cooper just said that "their backs are against the wall". Glad he realizes what kind of situation he's got us in.

Half the forwards are out. Can't really put this all on Cooper. Maybe these last two games are a reality check? Playing against better teams? I dunno. Maybe Tampa has been lucky with matchups since the TDL? Either depleted teams, or teams struggling or on the downward trend like the Wild? Games are only going to get harder as the final 10 come around especially against the divisional teams. I still think they have a chance, but if they don't make it don't think Tampa fans should throw them under the bus because of everything that has happened this season.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Vasy laid two huge turds. Disappointing. On home ice no less.

The fat lady is warming up.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Vasy laid two huge turds. Disappointing. On home ice no less.

The fat lady is warming up.

C7P5UpQWkAIl_DC.jpg

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Half the forwards are out. Can't really put this all on Cooper. Maybe these last two games are a reality check? Playing against better teams? I dunno. Maybe Tampa has been lucky with matchups since the TDL? Either depleted teams, or teams struggling or on the downward trend like the Wild? Games are only going to get harder as the final 10 come around especially against the divisional teams. I still think they have a chance, but if they don't make it don't think Tampa fans should throw them under the bus because of everything that has happened this season.

The injury excuse is so tired. How about all those games we dropped earlier this season that got us in this position? Were we down half a roster then too?

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Drouin should be ashamed on the third goal. We kill his penalty and he comes back out and intentionally angles so he won't get hit by the point shot that goes in. I do that in my adult beer league. I was perfectly lined up to watch it live and start screaming at him when he started it. Awful effort. Hope cooper watches the tape and benches him. This is the NHL, you have to block that, kid.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Drouin should be ashamed on the third goal. We kill his penalty and he comes back out and intentionally angles so he won't get hit by the point shot that goes in. I do that in my adult beer league. I was perfectly lined up to watch it live and start screaming at him when he started it. Awful effort. Hope cooper watches the tape and benches him. This is the NHL, you have to block that, kid.
I could have sworn that Stralman flinched the hell out of the way near the crease, too.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013

After Kuch made it 4-3 was it Drouin that had a decent look at the net and made that cross ice bad pass that ended up as a turnover?

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
The injury excuse is so tired. How about all those games we dropped earlier this season that got us in this position? Were we down half a roster then too?
Exactly. Also, I keep thinking about how nice it would have been to have had guys like Dumont, Gourde and Erne in the lineup for more of the season.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
I could have sworn that Stralman flinched the hell out of the way near the crease, too.

Didnt see that one, was too busy cursing drouin. Kid hasn't looked right for a month. Wonder if he is hurt. Lost his explosiveness he used to show several times a game. Never see it now.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Home now after the obligatory stop at Krispy Kreme.

We actually played better than I thought we would for the first two periods. There was hope! There was energy in the arena! There was a tied score!

Then everyone except Kuch totally lost all knowledge of basic hockey skills in that horrid last period. :banghead:

Ah well. There's still some games left. Hopefully we'll get a few of our non-AHL players back soon.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Didnt see that one, was too busy cursing drouin. Kid hasn't looked right for a month. Wonder if he is hurt. Lost his explosiveness he used to show several times a game. Never see it now.
Yeah, I don't know. I don't want to utter the dreaded C-word, but he's gotten caught enough times with his head down that I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to get a little concerned.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Home now after the obligatory stop at Krispy Kreme.

We actually played better than I thought we would for the first two periods. There was hope! There was energy in the arena! There was a tied score!

Then everyone except Kuch totally lost all knowledge of basic hockey skills in that horrid last period. :banghead:

Ah well. There's still some games left. Hopefully we'll get a few of our non-AHL players back soon.
Well, at least you got to see the Tesla coils go off a few times!

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon

Just saw the replay of the goal on Gamecenter. No flinching. But didn't get to it in time. Don't think Vasy saw it either. :shakehead

Both Stralman and Hedman seemed a bit off when it got to the third period. Heddy had 5 blocks (team high), 3 takeaways and 1 giveaway for the game, but only 2 SOG. Low for him. Strals had 3 blocks and 5 SOG (team high) but 3 giveaways. High for him.

Am also worried about Drouin. He didn't seem to be playing like himself the last couple of games.

Well, at least you got to see the Tesla coils go off a few times!

True! Wasn't a totally lost night. :D

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Something is off with him for sure I agree

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Did drouin hit it ? Because to me it just looked like vasy didn't see the puck fast enough ?
I doubt Vasy saw it, but I think it's probably safe to say that it was a team effort. They all wanted it to go in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad