GDT: 3/17/2014 Minnesota Wild @ Boston Bruins ... "Are the Wild Playing Tonight?" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
From Yeo's magic hat:

Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Moulson-Granlund-Pominville
Cooke-Brodziak-Nino
Heatley-Haula-Maccormick
That looks damn close to what he'll probably do. Putting Haula on the 4th line...and with Heatley...is just wasting the kid and his speed. :shakehead

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
That looks damn close to what he'll probably do. Putting Haula on the 4th line...and with Heatley...is just wasting the kid and his speed. :shakehead

Heatley has looked absolutely terrible since his move back down to the 4th line, when he was with Coyle I don't think he looked nearly as bad as he does now.

What about something crazy like:

Heatley-Koivu-Coyle
Parise-Granlund-Pominville
Moulson-Haula-Nino
Cooke-Brodziak-Fontaine/McCormick

I actually think that could work but its very drastic.

Heatley and Koivu seemed to work but that was a couple years ago, and Heatley and Coyle seem to work too.

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
My take...

http://www.stateofhockeynews.com/2014-articles/march/wild-vs-bruins.html

Odd game, Koivu gave the Wild a period and a half of assertive hockey and was then exhausted. Good opportunities, but good teams bury those and we didn't. Fontaine being back was most welcome. Haula deserves more ice time. (sigh) Another game, another loss. I have a full game recap, an Iowa Wild update plus prospect updates on Dumba, Nanne, Olofsson and Gilmour.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Heatley has looked absolutely terrible since his move back down to the 4th line, when he was with Coyle I don't think he looked nearly as bad as he does now.

What about something crazy like:

Heatley-Koivu-Coyle
Parise-Granlund-Pominville
Moulson-Haula-Nino
Cooke-Brodziak-Fontaine/McCormick

I actually think that could work but its very drastic.
Hmmm....Moulson/Haula/Nino could be interesting. Heck, make them the 2nd line. Push 11/64/29 to the top, and make Heater/Koivu/Coyle the 3rd. All out crazy!

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Honestly, two straight games with no penalties says the Wild aren't playing aggressive enough. No edge or desperation in their game. Hope we go on a streak here soon...

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Hmmm....Moulson/Haula/Nino could be interesting. Heck, make them the 2nd line. Push 11/64/29 to the top, and make Heater/Koivu/Coyle the 3rd. All out crazy!

Was told in the Koivu thread that it would be a bad line because Koivu was the more offensive player.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
Haven't watched the game yet, but I've read some of the comments on switching lines. Here's what I would do.

PGP line
Moulson Haula Nino/Coyle
Cooke Koivu Nino/Coyle
Heatley- Brodziak- Fontaine

Moulson is like Heater. They need to play with fast wingers or centerman. Heatley was fantastic earlier in the year when he was with Zucker/Coyle.

I think Moulson would benefit a lot from having Haula at center. Need more speed on that second line. Thats part of the reason why the first line is effective because Granny and Parise are quick. Defenseman and forwards are to fast back checking to allow for slow forwards like our current second line to generate offense.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Russo

Well put Nino back on the 2nd line then!! And give Haula a promotion and Brodz a demotion!! But DON'T @#$!#ing mess with that top line!!!!! I swear he's just gonna make it worse!

Welp, the Parise-Granlund-Pominville line was fun while it lasted.

Billy Mays Here*

Splitting up the top line is actually the right thing to do in this situation. Not one of our other lines can do a single thing offensively so they have no choice but to spread the "offense" around.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
Was told in the Koivu thread that it would be a bad line because Koivu was the more offensive player.

Koivu is more offensive player and why not put Haula on the third line and see how he do with Cooke and Coyle first?

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Someone start polishing the pitchforks and making sure the torches have enough oil and kindling.

Cause yeah, he breaks that top line up and I'm going back into pitchfork and torch mode.

Billy Mays Here*

And maybe kill all the offense?

The offense is already dead.

Curious if anyone else feels the way I feel on this, and I'm just kinda throwing this out there being a pessimist and all.

A part of me wants us to make the playoffs and maybe take a good team to six or seven games, hell, maybe even win a series.

But another part of me wants us to fail utterly, collapse offensively, miss the playoffs, and hopefully that's enough to give this organization a shakeup, both coaching-wise and player-wise.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
The offense is already dead.

Curious if anyone else feels the way I feel on this, and I'm just kinda throwing this out there being a pessimist and all.

A part of me wants us to make the playoffs and maybe take a good team to six or seven games, hell, maybe even win a series.

But another part of me wants us to fail utterly, collapse offensively, miss the playoffs, and hopefully that's enough to give this organization a shakeup, both coaching-wise and player-wise.

I'm kinda in the same boat, I feel like if we make the playoffs there is a chance we could actually pull an upset.

But this team has major major scoring issues that won't get fixed by just adding better players.

OpRedDawn*

It's just funny how lots of people laughed and cheered when the WIld would go on their stupid win streaks late in the season which always hurt our draft pick.

We now see the effects when we have no top end talent

Billy Mays Here*

It's just funny how lots of people laughed and cheered when the WIld would go on their stupid win streaks late in the season which always hurt our draft pick.

We now see the effects when we have no top end talent

Only a casual or uninformed fan would cheer for a team winning games at the end of the season when it's already too late.

I know for a fact that I was pissed off mightily when the Wild would do their little pointless streaks at the end.

2011 wouldn't have mattered because we would've had to lose at least eight or nine extra games to draft someone great, and I don't think anyone on here is complaining about drafting Brodin. Think about two years ago though, that's the big one for me. Galchenyuk would've been phenomenal. Then again, we kinda **** the bed drafting Dumba rather than Trouba though.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Only a casual or uninformed fan would cheer for a team winning games at the end of the season when it's already too late.

I know for a fact that I was pissed off mightily when the Wild would do their little pointless streaks at the end.

2011 wouldn't have mattered because we would've had to lose at least eight or nine extra games to draft someone great, and I don't think anyone on here is complaining about drafting Brodin. Think about two years ago though, that's the big one for me. Galchenyuk would've been phenomenal. Then again, we kinda **** the bed drafting Dumba rather than Trouba though.
Really gonna disagree with you there. That's a rather bold statement to make. And I'll leave it at that....but good job at opening a can of worms. ;)

Billy Mays Here*

Really gonna disagree with you there. That's a rather bold statement to make. And I'll leave it at that....but good job at opening a can of worms. ;)

It's what I'm here for, stirring the pot every once in a while. Then again a season ticket holder like yourself might disagree with me so to each his, or in this case her, own.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
It's what I'm here for, stirring the pot every once in a while. Then again a season ticket holder like yourself might disagree with me so to each his, or in this case her, own.
Doesn't have anything to do with being a STH.

:fight:

And for the record, I'm frustrated right now too.

Last edited:

Billy Mays Here*

Doesn't have anything to do with being a STH.

:fight:

And for the record, I frustrated right now too.

Tonight's game wasn't a surprise to me, I'm just still pissed off about losing that damn shootout after being up by two, especially since that was my first game in person in nearly two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad