GDT: 3/16/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New Jersey

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Are players allowed to skate laterally on a shootout?
They just aren't allowed to move backwards. (there is some wiggle room on that)

I like how TB just went at it in the shootout. If you look at compilations of McDavid or Crosby in shootouts/penalty shots, they take very similar, consistent lines. They weren't doing anything cute, and trying to mess with the goalie's head.

Reactions: Maelmoor

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Nice win, thought NJ carried play more but Vassy was good. Liked Stammers line. Like Cirellis line for the most part. School bus line sucked, no shock. Points line sucked, which is unusual. Nice to beat a good team when that line sucks. And they sucked.

I think no Point or Kuch in the shootout was Coop telling that line they sucked

Oh and Serge was a rock star
Point 1-4 this season in the shootout. Kuch 0-4. Coop went with the right shooters first

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
It was an unusual lineup in the shootout and I wonder if it was a reward for guys that played well today. Maybe not, but I’m guessing it was
Not really

Stammer 2-5
Colton 2-3
Killorn 2-2
Point 1-4
Kuch 0-4
Perry 0-1
Hagel 0-1
Paul 0-1

He went with statistically the 3 best shootout guys we have of this season

Career wise Kuch and Point have been better

Point 16-36 (44.4%)
Kuch 12-43 (27.9%)

Just not having much luck this season

Last edited:
Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
I'm guessing that a two goal, three point night for Stammer was a nice mojo booster for him. Between the minor injury and him being on a bit of a cold streak (1 goal in previous 10g and 1 pt in previous 5g) a game like this against a quality opponent should help his psyche.

Reactions: TheFurryPickle

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If they figure it out then all he has to do is the same move but go to the back hand. Then goalies will be left guessing. Kind of like TJ Oshie.

True but he hasn't had to yet. I think it illustrates just how simple it can actually be to score, our most effective guys are also the most generic

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Not really

Stammer 2-5
Colton 2-3
Killorn 2-2
Point 1-4
Kuch 0-4
Perry 0-1
Hagel 0-1
Paul 0-1

Point 16-36 (44.4%)
Kuch 12-43 (27.9%)

Are those Killer and Colton’s stats before or after this shootout? Have those two ever been two of the top three in a shootout? I doubt it. I’m just saying it was unusual

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Not really

Stammer 2-5
Colton 2-3
Killorn 2-2
Point 1-4
Kuch 0-4
Perry 0-1
Hagel 0-1
Paul 0-1

Point 16-36 (44.4%)
Kuch 12-43 (27.9%)

Thankfully it all becomes irrelevant in a few weeks.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
Didn't watch the game, but was so excited when I saw Colton FINALLY getting practice time in the top 6. Then to see the box score and he was 9th for forwards in ES TOI. Guess it didn't last long during the game?

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
Looked like we were really trying to dial in our playoff game. Mixed results but we took 4 points out of NJ. Hard to call that anything but great.
pretty much. Might as well sim it with 3 games against them.

I have a mate who is amassive devils fan, he was looking forward to this series to test his team. He hasnt responded to me since the first loss. I only have a comment before the start of the first game and thats it. He is in hiding I think, after he was pumping up NJ all year hehehe

• Haha
Reactions: Stammertime91

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
pretty much. Might as well sim it with 3 games against them.

I have a mate who is amassive devils fan, he was looking forward to this series to test his team. He hasnt responded to me since the first loss. I only have a comment before the start of the first game and thats it. He is in hiding I think, after he was pumping up NJ all year hehehe
I think there's a good chance the Devils took us lightly in Game 1. Word is out about our struggles and we aren't considered the team to beat right now, at least by the organizations. I think fanbases still have a healthy fear. I know leaf fans do.

Reactions: TheFurryPickle

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
I think there's a good chance the Devils took us lightly in Game 1. Word is out about our struggles and we aren't considered the team to beat right now, at least by the organizations. I think fanbases still have a healthy fear. I know leaf fans do.
There is zero chance that the Devils, or any team, were taking the Bolts lightly, recent troubles or no recent troubles notwithstanding. They are still the TB Lightning, the dominant franchise in the NHL for the past 10 years. If anything, the Devils were probably more motivated to keep a foot on TB's throats and further undermine their confidence if they could.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad