GDT: 3/16/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Montréal ‎VS Tampa Bay

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
I'm not sure if I've ever seen a goalie so blatantly run. Usually guys will need to feel a nudge on the arm or something to steamroll a goalie. Prust just flat-out hit him there. Nice response by our guys though.

I didn't see it last night. Did you see Lucic run Miller though? Was it worse than that?

edit: Never mind. I see that someone else posted the Lucic video right after your comment. I still don't know how bad the Prust hit was though.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I didn't see it last night. Did you see Lucic run Miller though? Was it worse than that?

edit: Never mind. I see that someone else posted the Lucic video right after your comment. I still don't know how bad the Prust hit was though.

I don't mean that it was the worst I've seen a goalie run. But it was blatant. Like, Prust simply hit him. There's no way to call it unintentional. Usually guys will take advantage of a gray area, even if small, and hit the goalie. There was no gray area here.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
I don't mean that it was the worst I've seen a goalie run. But it was blatant. Like, Prust simply hit him. There's no way to call it unintentional. Usually guys will take advantage of a gray area, even if small, and hit the goalie. There was no gray area here.

It was the most blatant against Bish that I have seen. They called goalie interference when it was clearly boarding a defenseless player with his back turned. The refs allowed all sort of stuff to happen to Bish that they would call if it were a goalie like Price or one of the other "elite". All night they were making contact and standing in the crease.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

No, it was not worse than lucic on miller.
This was just... a hit, plain hit, like if instead of bish it was garrison or any other bolts player. Prust just didn't give a **** about who he was hitting. I was hoping our players would kick his ass much more than what they did.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We won 0 games against then last postseason. I love beating them all season, but none of it really matters if we can't beat them in the playoffs.

Listen. I get it. It's the playoffs. But I don't care what anyone says. It's not weird that with Bishop we are damn near undefeated against them the past two years. What is it now? Like 8-0-1 or something. Then Lindback goes and can't stop a beach ball. With Bishop we beat them. Period. Hell we stayed with them 3 out of 4 games with terrible officiating and a sieve in net.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I've really grown to hate Montreal over the last two seasons.

Same here. Between the **** show that was last year's series, complete with refs that might as well have been wearing red and blue, and the absurd and illogical **** talking by Habs fans, I've really developed a distaste for them. Although last year's series really made me lose a lot of respect for the NHL as a league. I'm not sure I can blame the Habs themselves for their constant preferential treatment.

EDIT: Also, this ****. http://boltsbythebay.com/2014/04/20/canadiens-coach-advocates-physicality-recently-injured-ondrej-palat/

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Habs fans bragging about thier number of Cups are like Yankees fans bragging about the number of titles they have; nice information but old news. What have either done over the past few seasons. NOTHING!

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Listen. I get it. It's the playoffs. But I don't care what anyone says. It's not weird that with Bishop we are damn near undefeated against them the past two years. What is it now? Like 8-0-1 or something. Then Lindback goes and can't stop a beach ball. With Bishop we beat them. Period. Hell we stayed with them 3 out of 4 games with terrible officiating and a sieve in net.

I'm on the side things, if we gave Gudlevskies the series, we would have went to game six at least.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Same here. Between the **** show that was last year's series, complete with refs that might as well have been wearing red and blue, and the absurd and illogical **** talking by Habs fans, I've really developed a distaste for them. Although last year's series really made me lose a lot of respect for the NHL as a league. I'm not sure I can blame the Habs themselves for their constant preferential treatment.

EDIT: Also, this ****. http://boltsbythebay.com/2014/04/20/canadiens-coach-advocates-physicality-recently-injured-ondrej-palat/

Palat played his best hockey of his short career in the first round against Mtl, particularly the 2 games @Bell Centre where he showed tremendous leadership. Therrien is a clown and a Neanderthal, if anything his statement gave Palat an extra-motivation. I hope Therrien will coach Mtl for many years again, Carey Price makes him look better than he is.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
I'm on the side things, if we gave Gudlevskies the series, we would have went to game six at least.

It's hard to know. He's certainly struggled in the AHL this season, but at the point of the playoffs last year he was extremely confident and playing the best hockey of his (short) career thus far. I questioned Cooper's decision then and I still question it. I think he should have started Kristers for game 3, as a minimum. We had nothing to lose. I don't think we would have been swept if we'd at least given him a shot for a few games.

The vast majority of Montreal fans I've talked to are well aware they got lucky with Lindback last year and have serious concerns about playing us in the post-season this year.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I bet they remember all 24 of them too.

Hell, most of the people that say that have been alive for one, *maybe* two of those Cups, and have actual memories of one at most.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
And honestly what matters in the context of the Lightning is how many they've gotten since we've been around, which is one, during our expansion season when nobody would have expected us to win the cup anyway. The fact is we've outperformed them during our actual existence.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I bet they remember all 24 of them too.

Hell, most of the people that say that have been alive for one, *maybe* two of those Cups, and have actual memories of one at most.

I have total respect for the franchise, but 14 of them were won competing against 5 teams, just sayin.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Folks, just a friendly reminder about Forum Rule #6

6) No Disclosure of Personal Information: Do not disclose any other member's email, real name, address, phone number, IP address, or other personal information. Do not disclose emails, private messages, infractions, warnings, bans or other site discipline on the open forum. Do not bring personal disputes into the forums.

Thanks!

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Not currently. The only reportable options are Board posts and Visitor Messages on your profile page.

However, if it continues contact either myself, Felonious, LS, or DO4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad