GDT: 3/16/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Montréal ‎VS Tampa Bay

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That's true, he was asked by those who annonuce the rangers games why he does so well against them and he said that when he looks down and sees Lundqvist at the other end he gets really motivated and I bet it's the same with Price. Hopefully it will come in handy in the playoffs.

Lundqvist is the man. Always liked him, always will. Price has my respect, but he is not up there with Lundqvist just yet, imo.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Man i wish we could have a playoff rematch against these clowns.

We have to stay hot against these teams and stay healthy, the plan is..

1st round - Detroit
2nd round - Montreal
3rd Round - Rangers

It's wishful thinking but have to have some hope or optimism.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I want a meeting with Montreal this postseason as well at some point because I think every single one of us, and certainly every one of the players out there, is thirsty for some payback for what happened last year, and there's every reason to believe it could happen as well.

Seriously, I want to pound this team every single time. I don't think we can logically be allowed to be mad if the Lightning lose the game two weeks from now, given their 4-0 mark head-to-head this year, but will we be if they do? Of course, and I like that this is the way things are.

--

Filppula stood out for me tonight. I thought he had a fantastic game.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Just read the habs GDT right around the Eller holding call on Brown...

Ludicrous lulz right there. You cannot take your top hand off of your stick, hook it over another player's shoulder and go for a ****ing arm bar...sorry. Eller is not GSP and this isn't the UFC.

What's even funnier is that they say we were lucky to win. Their only goals came off a bounce off of Bishop and a miscommunication between Bishop and the D which doesn't happen too often.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
What's even funnier is that they say we were lucky to win. Their only goals came off a bounce off of Bishop and a miscommunication between Bishop and the D which doesn't happen too often.

Ok, and your only clear goal was Hedman's... First one was off Markov and the second one was a clear pass from Patches to the best scorer in the league.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
The only reason the game was close tonight was because of the officiating. Completely ignored blatant hooks holds interferences and tripping multiple times. Then call that Brown penalty when he laid a check on a guy with the puck. That call changed the game. Otherwise TB runs away with it.

Montreal is mediocre at best. TB showing that every time they play. Oh and Subban was a joke tonight as per normal.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Sounds like a 1-0 win to me.

Thanks for another 2 points.

All good, you guys sure had our number this season. But i'd be a little concerned about how your team reacted to the "physicality" Montreal brought later in the game. You'll probably pass us in the standings and might face Boston. Good luck with that.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
All good, you guys sure had our number this season. But i'd be a little concerned about how your team reacted to the "physicality" Montreal brought later in the game. You'll probably pass us in the standings and might face Boston. Good luck with that.

:laugh: "Physicality".

Hits: MTL: 20 TB: 28

My team "reacted" just fine.

Lorty

May 7, 2013
The only reason the game was close tonight was because of the officiating. Completely ignored blatant hooks holds interferences and tripping multiple times. Then call that Brown penalty when he laid a check on a guy with the puck. That call changed the game. Otherwise TB runs away with it.

Montreal is mediocre at best. TB showing that every time they play. Oh and Subban was a joke tonight as per normal.

The calls sucked for both teams. Galchenyuk "high stick" that wasn't his stick and Prust second "fight" where he didn't drop the gloves at all. In both cases, we would have a PP.

ltpato

Feb 27, 2015
MTL

Last game we played against Boston, it was Tampa who brought the physicality and it looked like Boston was getting intimidated and we played extremely well against them even tough we lost in a SO !

ltpato

Feb 27, 2015
MTL
The calls sucked for both teams. Galchenyuk "high stick" that wasn't his stick and Prust second "fight" where he didn't drop the gloves at all. In both cases, we would have a PP.

Just like the non-calls on where Kucherov got the stick to the head in the 2nd period and when Killorn got tripped next to your red line in the 3rd period :>

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
:laugh: "Physicality".

Hits: MTL: 20 TB: 28

My team "reacted" just fine.

Oh please, you watched the game like I did, you know what I'm talking about. You think MTL started to hook/play dirty at some point? Imagine that times ten and that's what you get in the playoffs vs teams like Boston or NYR.

And for some reason its when MTL started to play like that that we started to control the game and came back...

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Oh please, you watched the game like I did, you know what I'm talking about. You think MTL started to hook/play dirty at some point? Imagine that times ten and that's what you get in the playoffs vs teams like Boston or NYR.

And for some reason its when MTL started to play like that that we started to control the game and came back...

So the only way your team can compete with ours is if they cheat? Way to be proud about that.

Lorty

May 7, 2013
Just like the non-calls on where Kucherov got the stick to the head in the 2nd period and when Killorn got tripped next to your red line in the 3rd period :>

In other words, calls were bad for both teams?

The only reason the game was close tonight was because of the officiating.

This wasn't you, but anyway.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008

The Gally call was no good but let's be honest, everyone thought it was him and that's why Hedman went after him. So really they cancel out. And Prust dropped his gloves, not sure what you're watching.

See below for more.

No, MTL can't keep up with TB unless they hook and hold. The difference started when the refs stopped making the calls because if they didn't, it was on its way to being another blowout. MTL started to play better when they could get away with anything they wanted.

Why do you think Eller complained about the call at the end of the game when it was a blatant hold? Because they had gotten away with it the entire game.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Nope, and we proved it before. But nice try.

:help:

ThirtyTwo

Jan 8, 2012
Nope, and we proved it before. But nice try.

I'm sure if the Bolts and Habs happen to meet, it'll be a great series. The smugness from your board is perhaps the cause for the hostility, which isn't a bad thing as the bad blood is what the playoffs is all about.

I wouldn't hold too much weight on what happened last year or earlier during this season, numerous additions and subtractions since then from both teams as well as a year older on both sides of the rookies. Looking forward to the final meeting between us and the Habs:handclap:

Last edited:

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Man two games in a row with controversial things happening that become big main board threads. I'm amazed I haven't been indrafted yet. This is difficult. :laugh:

Also of note: we beat them missing three guys.

Montreal hasn't had so much as a cold to their players this year. It's amazing really. Can you imagine where TB would be if we didn't lose anyone to injury at any point this year?

Last edited:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
The Montreal board is a fun read. They seem confident against us in a playoff series which I don't understand. We pretty much dominated them in every game this year. They came back in this game but they had a couple momentum swings. It happens.

I'm confident with a healthy team we are a much better team than they are and should have no problem against them in a playoff series. The mission against them is not done. They still have not forgotten about the sweep in last years playoffs. Bring em on! :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad