GDT: 3/14/13 - 7:30PM EDT - New York Islanders VS Tampa Bay

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I would say blow it up but we're already pretty young and playing lots of rookies. We should shop Marty and Salo.

newham89

Feb 11, 2010
Nottingham, UK
That wasn't an ass kicking. That was a close loss. I'm fairly certain, despite the shots on goal stat, we had more scoring chances.

This team just can't find a way to win the close games though. This season is ridiculous.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
We just don't know how to get shots

It's the "Process". They're thinking about the "process" and not playing instinctively. It's all tentative over-thought hockey and it's awful to see. The reason the Crunch players make an impact is because they are being compared to the normal Bolts players. Crunch players are confident and they don't think, they act. Hockey is a game where you should make mistakes, but when you make them, they happen at full speed. The Bolts make mistakes at half tentative speed and it compounds the mistake.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I would say blow it up but we're already pretty young and playing lots of rookies. We should shop Marty and Salo.

Alright, stop it.

That wasn't an ass kicking. That was a close loss. I'm fairly certain, despite the shots on goal stat, we had more scoring chances.

This team just can't find a way to win the close games though. This season is ridiculous.

Ah, so it's that argument again. Since it's a close loss, it's not an ass kicking, despite the fact our goaltender stood on his head and gave us a shot to win, and we didn't crack 20 shots on goal. Right.

Just letting you know, this isn't the Islanders that features Potvin and Bossy. There's no excuse for us to be dominated by this Islanders team.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Alright, stop it.

Ah, so it's that argument again. Since it's a close loss, it's not an ass kicking, despite the fact our goaltender stood on his head and gave us a shot to win, and we didn't crack 20 shots on goal. Right.

Just letting you know, this isn't the Islanders that features Potvin and Bossy. There's no excuse for us to be dominated by this Islanders team.

Bolts lost to a team 2 points ahead of them in the standings, now 4 points ahead of them. Playoffs are a pipe dream at this point. Just call up a new Crunch player every week and give them some ice.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
It's the "Process". They're thinking about the "process" and not playing instinctively. It's all tentative over-thought hockey and it's awful to see. The reason the Crunch players make an impact is because they are being compared to the normal Bolts players. Crunch players are confident and they don't think, they act. Hockey is a game where you should make mistakes, but when you make them, they happen at full speed. The Bolts make mistakes at half tentative speed and it compounds the mistake.

100 percent true it's a hockey game not a science project.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Scratch that post. Tell me how the **** Gudas AND the rest of the Crunchers are the only ones that seem like they know what they are doing?!?!?

This is Boucher's system after 2 and a half years?!??!

Structure?!?!?!

Your own damn veterans don't know what the **** they are supposed to be doing!

****!

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
So what happened tonight? Thank god I didn't watch. Shutout? Yikes.

Process.

Edit: Although Gudas looked great out there. He plays a simple, smart game. I'm surprised by how good his instincts are offensively. I was just expecting a solid stay at home guy, but he directly created two different scoring opportunities tonight (The Purcell partial breakaway and the Stamkos tip). Add to that him throwing his body around and being our only defenseman who can get the puck out of the ****ing zone, I'm really high on this kid.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Team needs to shoot more. Give your goalie some ****ing help because Lindback kept us in it again...

Purcell and Carle suck.

Marty needs to get m&m's or something everytime he shoots. Classically condition him to shoot more. That flip pass he had tonight over the middle was BS.

Gudas = amazing.

Lost to another team we should have beat...

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
So what happened tonight? Thank god I didn't watch. Shutout? Yikes.

Yup, the "Process". The "Process" which regularly finds the Lightning Vets looking like idiots and the callup kids looking like the Vets should. The "Process" that will find us picking 1-3 in the Draft and Cooper picking a staff to bring with him to the Big Club at season's end.

I'm done with the "Process". I'm watching for **** in the stands, Zion's appearances, Stamkos goals and Crunch Players performing.

newham89

Feb 11, 2010
Nottingham, UK
Alright, stop it.

No, it wasn't an ass kicking because we had easily as many, if not more scoring chances than the opposition. Lindback made a couple of huge saves but in no way was he standing on his head.

I agree that we aren't shooting enough. No excuses on that behalf. A team with our offensive talents should be peppering the Islanders goal throughout instead of cherry picking chances as we did tonight.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Yup, the "Process". The "Process" which regularly finds the Lightning Vets looking like idiots and the callup kids looking like the Vets should. The "Process" that will find us picking 1-3 in the Draft and Cooper picking a staff to bring with him to the Big Club at season's end.

I'm done with the "Process". I'm watching for **** in the stands, Zion's appearances, Stamkos goals and Crunch Players performing.

You think this team can successfully tank? We'll end up drafting fourth and missing out on the "big 3".

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Oh nice. Guess who led defensemen in ice time?

Guess.

Go ahead, guess.

C'mon...

If you guessed Limp Wrist Carle, you win a prize. It's a head coaching gig with the Tampa Bay Lightning!

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Process.

Edit: Although Gudas looked great out there. He plays a simple, smart game. I'm surprised by how good his instincts are offensively. I was just expecting a solid stay at home guy, but he directly created two different scoring opportunities tonight (The Purcell partial breakaway and the Stamkos tip). Add to that him throwing his body around and being our only defenseman who can get the puck out of the ****ing zone, I'm really high on this kid.

He'll be a 25min D sooner rather than later. Nothing to dislike about his game honestly. His offensive instincts aren't to be sneezed at. Barbs was tasked with that job so Gudas didn't get to show them that often. He's been playing with Korobov so they've unleashed him some in Syracuse. He can actually skate the puck out of his own zone and makes decent first passes all the time in the A.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa

I'm having a hell of a time decoding what you are looking for in the stands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad