GDT: 3/14/13 - 7:30PM EDT - New York Islanders VS Tampa Bay

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
I hate to start posting negative garbage right out of the gate but they do not shoot enough at all. I was screaming at the tv all night. Bizarre passes and skating all around. The team is in a bad funk. Guy may have to be sacrificed.

I missed a few games while on vacation but from what I saw last night the shooting opportunities are rarely there. They seem to be forced to take shots that are pointless and won't make it to the net. Besides the PP they rarely set up in the zone and just wen't for a mad dash to the net on every break in. They are doing so many things wrong, so much talent, I can't see how this isn't a coaching issue.

I also felt the Thompson line was out way too much lastnight. I understand why they wanted to match that line with the Tavaris(sp?) line but I think that's part of the reason we didn't score, they were on the ice too much.

This team is frustrating as hell to watch, I really had high hopes at the beginning of the season.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I get that but I really think that for the most part the effort is there. They just look defeated and confused out there, theres no accountability that I see. The fact of the matter like most things it's probably a little of both. :)

I'm not sure the effort is there, brother. It comes in bursts, but overall its just not there. As for accountability, I agree, its not there. I see veterans making mistakes that should never, ever happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad