Pre-Game Talk: 3/12/2015 | Blue Jackets @ Wings | 7:30pm | FS-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 7m7 minutes ago Detroit, MI
Darren Helm (oblique) is participating in drills at the #RedWings practice this morning in Detroit. He was injured in Nashville Feb. 28.

The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 15m15 minutes ago
The #RedWings and Caps have an NHL-leading eight players each who have played every game this season. Chicago and Montreal follow at seven.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Way too many 3 day gaps it feels like this season. It's killing me. I can only read the same hockey blogs so many times.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
gregg krupa ‏@greggkrupa 1m1 minute ago Detroit, MI
Nyquist with Datzyuk and Tatar, here, right now.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2m2 minutes ago
Helm left midway through practice, so it's safe to assume he's not ready for tomorrow.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2m2 minutes ago
Power play
Nyquist-Datsyuk-Tatar, Sheahan (net front), Zidlicky
Cole-Zetterberg-Pulkkinen, Weiss (subbing for 8, who's on PK) Kronwall.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 7m7 minutes ago Detroit, MI
Darren Helm (oblique) is participating in drills at the #RedWings practice this morning in Detroit. He was injured in Nashville Feb. 28.

The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 15m15 minutes ago
The #RedWings and Caps have an NHL-leading eight players each who have played every game this season. Chicago and Montreal follow at seven.

Who would've predicted that after the past few seasons. :laugh:

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I thought he looked competent. They spent most of their time in the offensive zone. He's not the guy I'd want up there, but it wasn't half bad.

He's been very good in his short stint. Causing havoc, great forechecking. Tatar and Datsyuk can make up enough offense themselves. It wasn't like Helm was making a ton of offensive plays.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
He's been very good in his short stint. Causing havoc, great forechecking. Tatar and Datsyuk can make up enough offense themselves. It wasn't like Helm was making a ton of offensive plays.

Huh? Helm was producing quite steadily while on the top line...

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
You know, far be it for me to second-guess the coach, but I really think Cole and Powertater should be on separate lines:

Tatar-Datsyuk-Snappletaper
Cole-Zetterberg-Nyquist/Weiss
Nyquist/Weiss-Sheahan-Pulkkinen
Miller-Glendening-Andersson/Jurco

Cleary planning his retirement.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

I thought Helm was rocking it up there. He was putting up good points but more than that he's our hardest forechecker. And the number of times he's been able to take the puck in the offensive zone and brush off a defender with his speed and open up the ice has been really nice.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
I don't blame Glendening, not at all. He's doing a good job. Just the opinion that he's better off on another line and someone like Gus, Abby or Pulkks should take that spot instead.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I respect Babcock as a coach. I want him to stay even despite pulling stunts like this.

But the fact that people don't take issue with this is simply mind-blowing to me.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
I don't doubt that. But it's about doing stuff like that in a meanwhile. We all know Babs is good for surprises like that.
But I always wondered, what is he actually thinking? In this case, it's not as if Luke failed on his previous lines and needed a promotion.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I don't doubt that. But it's about doing stuff like that in a meanwhile. We all know Babs is good for surprises like that.
But I always wondered, what is he actually thinking? In this case, it's not as if Luke failed on his previous lines and needed a promotion.

If you take him at face value, he said he wanted a "worker" or something on that line. Someone to fill the Helm/Abby role of grinding it out, forechecking, getting pucks back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad