Post-Game Talk: 3/12/14: Hawks lose to Avs [MOD warning post #586]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godlike13

Dec 20, 2011
This year seems like those two years to be honest.

No it hasn't. Not even close. The Hawks had a story book year last year, so compared to last year i guess this year does look pretty disappointing, but lets not get ridiculous. I mean technically the Hawks are still in Presidents Trophy contention. Not that i think they'll win it, but still.

And they have the same "plugs" in the 2nd and 3rd line this year that they had last year.

SLarmer28*

Hard to justify how Handzus can have 2 pts in 23 games and still be out there. He must have something on Q and is threatening to go viral with it if he doesn't play. Heck, you would think Handzus himself might want to sit after a stretch like this.
If that were Brandon Pirri, he would have been traded. Oh wait, Pirri was traded!

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Q: You put Brookbank in there, is that maybe not giving you the offense that you're looking for?
A: Uhhh I don't know about that we changed the lines up and it worked right away. So we kinda changed our lines at that point of the game. So, that's where we're at.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
And again have nothing to show for it. Unfortunately outplaying the other team doesn't advance you in the playoffs. Wins do, and they're kicking our ass in the season series.

Season series doesn't mean much to be honest.

Last year the Penguins swept Boston 3-0 in the reg season.
Then they got swept by Boston in the ECF.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Read what you just wrote. 2 of the last 4 years the HAWKS WON THE CUP.

Another of those years our team was gutted. Come on, man.

I understand this. I appreciate the 2 cups greatly and if we go out in the playoffs I will still cherish those years greatly. It does not mean I have to automatically believe this is the same exact team as last year and come playoff time they will flip the switch and start rolling. Watch the games, this team is different. I stilll hold hope they can get it together but I am not just buying that come playoff time the switch eill flip and everything will be great. What exactly is wrong with that?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Hawks fans, I have only one question: Is Varlamov your most hated opponent now?

Not even close. There are these things called playoffs that generally spawn hatred for players. Don't take too much satisfaction in the 4 most pessimistic Hawks fans relishing in an opportunity to [mod] over a regular season loss.

Last edited by a moderator:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Guys, I'm going to level with you. I'm this close to handing out thread bans and infractions for some of your behavior in here. No jokes about dropped criminal charges or other types of offensive comments, no calling other posters trolls, no shouting at well-behaving visiting fans just because you think this should be a closed board. If you see something that's objectionable or trolling, report it, don't quote it. It takes more than two seconds for the moderating staff to delete comments.

If you don't like another poster or posters, then put them on your ignore list.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I understand this. I appreciate the 2 cups greatly and if we go out in the playoffs I will still cherish those years greatly. It does not mean I have to automatically believe this is the same exact team as last year and come playoff time they will flip the switch and start rolling. Watch the games, this team is different. I stilll hold hope they can get it together but I am not just buying that come playoff time the switch eill flip and everything will be great. What exactly is wrong with that?
They don't even have to "flip a switch". The hawks are cup FAVORITES along with STL. Look it up.

Also, they are 5 points off of winning the presidents trophy. No switch necessary.

Nothingman*

No it hasn't. Not even close. The Hawks had a story book year last year, so compared to last year i guess this year does look pretty disappointing, but lets not get ridiculous. I mean technically the Hawks are still in Presidents Trophy contention. Not that i think they'll win it, but still. They have the same "plugs" this year that they had last year.

They have played below expectations for pretty much all of 2014 with occasional games where they dominate. Not sure which team you have been watching. Nobody expects last year every year. But last year our third line was very good and this year it is nonexistent. That is a killer for a team rolling lines like we do. 2nd line is all Kane and is mediocre. Stan traded for crap to plug holes which is all he could do with the cap. Look last year and see how many games Brookbank played F. The team is being mismanaged in a way that is not progressing the team forward for a good playoff performance.

SLarmer28*

Hard to justify how Handzus can have 2 pts in 23 games and still be out there. He must have something on Q and is threatening to go viral with it if he doesn't play. Heck, you would think Handzus himself might want to sit after a stretch like this.
You watch. Country Club Q will dress Handzus for every playoff game and it will cost the Chicago Blackhawks somewhere down the line.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
They don't even have to "flip a switch". The hawks are cup FAVORITES along with STL. Look it up.

Also, they are 5 points off of winning the presidents trophy. No switch necessary.

I don't agree with you at this point, I have that right. You can think what you want, I have more concerns at this moment.

Godlike13

Dec 20, 2011
They have played below expectations for pretty much all of 2014 with occasional games where they dominate. Not sure which team you have been watching. Nobody expects last year every year. But last year our third line was very good and this year it is nonexistent. That is a killer for a team rolling lines like we do. 2nd line is all Kane and is mediocre. Stan traded for crap to plug holes which is all he could do with the cap. Look last year and see how many games Brookbank played F. The team is being mismanaged in a way that is not progressing the team forward for a good playoff performance.

They aren't playing as good as last year, thats not in question, but they still don't compare to the 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 teams. Do u even remember the defensive line ups of those teams?

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013
They're on pace for 113 points despite a completely flukish record in the SO and 4 on 4, and that's not even mentioning the amazing amount of times they've outshot opponents by a vast margin and somehow lost.

The team is great. Things just haven't gone their way in the last couple months.

SLarmer28*

They're on pace for 113 points despite a completely flukish record in the SO and 4 on 4, and that's not even mentioning the amazing amount of times they've outshot opponents by a vast margin and somehow lost.
Shots on goal is meaningless without taking to account the quality scoring chances.

The Chicago Blackhawks outshot the Phoenix Coyotes in the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs. What good did that do?

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013
Shots on goal is meaningless without taking to account the quality scoring chances.

The Chicago Blackhawks outshot the Phoenix Coyotes in the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs. What good did that do?

Well they outplayed the Coyotes by quite a bit, so I'm not sure what your point is. If that series was played out over and over again, the Hawks would have won the majority of the time.

If they outshoot/outchance their opponents in the playoffs, they're likely to win, that's the point. The fact that it hasn't translated into as many regular season wins as we'd like doesn't mean it's less indicative of the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad