GDT: 3/12/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Florida

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
I agree with Boucher's offensive strategy assessment. He said we have too many "skill guys" who don't want to just throw the puck in front of the net. That's how we got a lot of goals back in the day with Gagne and Malone in front of the net.

Last edited:

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Man, I can't wait for this post game to get on TBL soundcloud. Is he pissed?

He actually sounded pleased overall, to me at least.

He criticized the players (particularly in the 2nd period) for being too much "skill guys". He wants more chaos in front of the net. Grind out more shots.

He commended Lindback for doing the job that he did tonight.

He explained that they are trying to ease the young guys into the game - which is why they have limited minutes.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
I don't see how you can look at this game and point out anything really promising to build on.....quite the opposite despite what Raheem Boucher may be thinking.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
You'd be smiling too if your team just won a game they shouldn't have.

Considering how he's talked so much ******** about "the process" and "not looking at results and trusting the process", being happy about this turd is about as disingenuous as you can be.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Boucher talked about Gudas turning in a simple performance tonight in his pregame interviews...

15:20 TOI, Even rating tonight.

Thoughts on his game tonight? I felt he played well, definitely an upgrade to the 3rd line.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Gudas didn't seem 100% himself, but he looked good in his debut. I was also a bit surprised to see him without the visor too.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
Salo and Hedman had poor games tonight, so Gudas was probably our best Dman tonight, IMO. Positioning was good and puck movement was simple and smart.

Darth Corgi

Dec 23, 2011
Florida
I agree with Boucher's offensive strategy assessment. He said we have too many "skill guys" who don't want to just throw the puck in front of the net. That's how we got a lot of goals back in the day with Gagne and Malone in front of the net.

This makes sense. I have thought about this for awhile. Maybe there is such a thing as too much skill....top players trying to make that sick highlight reel goal instead of just winning games any way you can....?

YANNIC44

Sep 28, 2006
What's happened to Cory Conacher? His ice time is down and seems to be playing a 3rd line role more and more.

Boucher talks about needing dirty goals and yet he's reduced CC's role when almost all of his goals have been from tips in front and from crashing the net.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Boucher talked about Gudas turning in a simple performance tonight in his pregame interviews...

15:20 TOI, Even rating tonight.

Thoughts on his game tonight? I felt he played well, definitely an upgrade to the 3rd line.
I think he played pretty well. His pinches were well timed and he threw his weight around a little bit in the 3rd. Solid decision making with the puck, too.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
First game with a win and under 4 GF.. Guess that's why Stamkos choked that EN :sarcasm:.

Hedman and Salo struggled a bit, Killorn is doing great in top6. Conacher hasn't looked as good, maybe small injury or something. Gudas looked fine to me, just keep it simple. He could be good alongside Carle, Brewer can't cover up Carle's mistakes.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
What's happened to Cory Conacher? His ice time is down and seems to be playing a 3rd line role more and more.

Boucher talks about needing dirty goals and yet he's reduced CC's role when almost all of his goals have been from tips in front and from crashing the net.

After 25 games Boucher has decided to EASE his rookies into the NHL. Huberdeau 19 minutes Conacher 14 minutes. Conacher played mostly 3 rd line with defensive players an upgrade from last games 8 minutes on the 4 th line. Boucher spends enormous amounts of time screwing around with things like it's rocket science. Witness his inexplicable separation on 4 17 and 26 after the first period today. If he kept Conacher in a offensive role he would have a chance at the Calder, too much success too early is not part of the process.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Gudas looked a bit confused out there but for the most part, he played very smart, pinched when needed, held the play in, completely showed that he is a brick wall and you dont try to go through him, see; Kris Versteeg.

A few more games and I think he'll settle in, he looked pretty good overall.

Purcell shouldnt even be allowed to get points, he does nothing out there at all. I wouldnt lose a wink of sleep or be devastated if we traded him, he is just coasting out there and isnt a game changer or an energy guy, he's just content with having a spot on the roster at this point in time. This is the moment where I wish we still had Downie, he could play with anybody and especially Stammer, now he's not even playing and with the Avs.

Should've kept Downie. Shouldn't have gotten rid of him by any means, point producing gritty player? No, you hang onto them...now look at who is in his place...Teddy Bear-im softer than one-Purcell. :shakehead

And we should've lost...13 shots on a half minor league team...............................................................................

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Considering how he's talked so much ******** about "the process" and "not looking at results and trusting the process", being happy about this turd is about as disingenuous as you can be.

Boucher did mention in the post game interview with SunSports that they didn't play as structured. It worth noting that playing that way seemed like it was the intent for this game.

I obviously don't know anything, or what's happening, and just sort of type words I've seen before, but if we're thinking Boucher needs to make a change, and then he makes it, I don't really get the complaint.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Gudas looked a bit confused out there but for the most part, he played very smart, pinched when needed, held the play in, completely showed that he is a brick wall and you dont try to go through him, see; Kris Versteeg.

A few more games and I think he'll settle in, he looked pretty good overall.

Purcell shouldnt even be allowed to get points, he does nothing out there at all. I wouldnt lose a wink of sleep or be devastated if we traded him, he is just coasting out there and isnt a game changer or an energy guy, he's just content with having a spot on the roster at this point in time. This is the moment where I wish we still had Downie, he could play with anybody and especially Stammer, now he's not even playing and with the Avs.

Should've kept Downie. Shouldn't have gotten rid of him by any means, point producing gritty player? No, you hang onto them...now look at who is in his place...Teddy Bear-im softer than one-Purcell. :shakehead

And we should've lost...13 shots on a half minor league team...............................................................................

Playing Honey Badger in Purcells spot would do the trick, but ..... Feel sorry for Stamkos, playing with Conacher would be a benefit, and Killorn with Vinny and MSL would give you two energenic and productive lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad