GDT: 3/11/19 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I feel like this is a game where we're gonna lose because of the huge gap in motivation between the two teams (1/82 vs. Measuring Stick Game) and then have the hockey world as a whole conclude we can't be THAT good because we didn't play the Leafs like the Stanley Cup was on the line.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Whatever happens tonight it is a lose lose situation for us tonight, we win and the leafs fans will say that they had more shots then us so they deserved it. We lose and some of there fans will say they are the best team in the league.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
D1VjnsoU8AAXTZj.jpg:large

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I feel like this is a game where we're gonna lose because of the huge gap in motivation between the two teams (1/82 vs. Measuring Stick Game) and then have the hockey world as a whole conclude we can't be THAT good because we didn't play the Leafs like the Stanley Cup was on the line.

I feel like people are starting to use this as a cop-out every loss now. Of course there will be games where Tampa isn't 100% there but there will also be games where they will need to use as measuring sticks for themselves as well. This is a perfect one. They've had a relatively rested schedule the past week, it's about a month left until playoffs and this is a possible 2nd round matchup - this is a good statement game and a game where the #1 "should" win. The leafs at this point have the same motivation as us this isn't a game in January where they need to "prove themselves." They've pretty much locked up their playoff position as well and need to stay healthy for the playoffs - that cop-out works on both sides.

I'm just going to bold your last statement considering it's an ironic one. We've seen how the Lightning play "when the cup is on the line" and it's probably something they should work on ;)

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Would be nice to win this game. Would love nothing more than to shut up leaf fans at least until the playoffs.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Heard our guys got booed at morning skate. If that doesn’t motivate them to beat the shit out of the leafs I don’t know what does.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Heard our guys got booed at morning skate. If that doesn’t motivate them to beat the **** out of the leafs I don’t know what does.

They got booed by literally 10 years olds, if this is what needs to motivate them for tonight games then god help them.

LEBOOM

Mar 10, 2019
Whatever happens tonight it is a lose lose situation for us tonight, we win and the leafs fans will say that they had more shots then us so they deserved it. We lose and some of there fans will say they are the best team in the league.
Literally 99% of Leaf fans realize you guys are the best team in the league regardless of the outcome tonight. Your star players are in their primes while most of ours are still on their ELC and dealing with consistency issues that most young players deal with. If our teams meet in the playoffs we'll be confident in our team to win the series but that's just sports for you. Nobody cheers a team to lose in the playoffs.

LEBOOM

Mar 10, 2019
Heard our guys got booed at morning skate. If that doesn’t motivate them to beat the **** out of the leafs I don’t know what does.
If getting booed by 10 year olds is what motivates the Bolts...The Bolts will be great regardless lmao, the 10 year olds giving them a hard time won't be the reason for it.

SF91

Nov 12, 2015
Meh this isn't their first time. Last season everybody and their mom freaked out because they took the foot off the gas in the last third of the regular season while still making it to the playoffs effortlessly. Once the playoff started we saw a completely different team. Everybody was buzzing and we pushed the Devils to the wall and never left off. Avoiding games 6 and 7 of the Caps series is what we need to worry about, not whether they play a full 60 minutes in game 70 of the regular season.
Exactly. We lost to better, more physical team in CAPS. This year- Vasy more seasoned/rested, confidence all time high, etc AND hope result is better for us this time. That peak thing is a myth like us going 16-0 in playoffs this year....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad