GDT: 3/11/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I don't exactly see what's wrong with skating along the blueline waiting for your teammate to get the puck in the zone.

Obviously it's pretty tough to do right now the way it's called but in principle i mean.

If you are skating half your body in the zone.. then 50% of the time you are offside. It's a risky strategy.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Should only be able to review offsides if the goal occurs off the rush.

Going back nearly a minute of zone time to review the entry is as bad as reviewing balls and strikes.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
statement game by Pittsburgh to win that one

Wouldn't the better statement game have been against the Leafs who they may actually play in the post season?

Regular season are irrelevant anyway. Back to backs, back up goalies starting, etc., just get points that's all the regular season is for.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Backlund has been amazing this whole year wtf are you smoking?

50+ shots against a hot goalie tonight... what can you do.

backlund been amazing compare to Backlund. 5.5 for a player who will score 15-18 goals hard Ron defend.

Why would the flames give up 50 shots. Backlund apparently a great at shutting down, flames apparently have the best defensive core.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
if you told me that a team with Benn, Seguin, Radulov, and Klingberg was also a top 3 defensive team (goals against and xGA), I'd think they were a great team. They don't seem good at all though

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Meh, i don't consider Dallas a threat at all, they're a borderline playoff team with no real chance of winning the cup. Pens should've been all over them after a bad loss against TOR, but a win is a win i guess.

The Pens are down a starting goalie and 3 forwards due to injury. Just played in Toronto and now tonight. Against 2 playoff caliber teams. And won 3-1. What do you want them to do? A couple backflips to appease a guy with the user name “Fatty McLardy”

I think they are fine.

Reactions: Treent1

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
if you told me that a team with Benn, Seguin, Radulov, and Klingberg was also a top 3 defensive team (goals against and xGA), I'd think they were a great team. They don't seem good at all though
Benn and Seguin aren't as good as their stats showed under Ruff- as evidenced by the 17-18 season.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
The Pens are down a starting goalie and 3 forwards due to injury. Just played in Toronto and now tonight. Against 2 playoff caliber teams. And won 3-1. What do you want them to do? A couple backflips to appease a guy with the user name “Fatty McLardy”

I think they are fine.

i was actually hoping for few frontflips but i'll take backflips..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad