GDT: 3/10/18 - 1:00PM EDT - Montréal vs Tampa Bay

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
I feel like Domingue has earned the back up spot. Honestly I don't expect us to get 5 goals to get a win with him in net. I know he will give a solid effort more times than not, and doing so we have a really good chance to get the W. Truly that is all you need to ask for your backup.

I feel that people that want to get a better backup, truly have been spoiled by our goaltending. We had Bishop, then after that we had Vasi. We have had years of a dominate number 1 goaltender. Truth is backups aren't that good. They are backups for a reason. All you should ever ask of one is to play well enough to get the win, which Domingue has done just that. Want to pick up another number 1 goalie to be a backup? Yeah...that isn't going to happen. Domingue is doing well enough that if we needed to rest Vasi for a game in the playoffs because he is banged up, I wouldn't automatically consider it a loss as I would have with some of the other number 2's that we had over the years. Lets keep him here, give him some more games before the end of the regular season so that way Vasi can go into Demi-god mode come playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad