Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Shhh just let me have this one..

Dubnyk might have to worry about Kuemper coming down the ice and starting a fight. I mean, did you see that chop he gave a player the other day? Koivu and Parise will drop the gloves for the captaincy. Spurgeon will deck Nino. Granlund will flying elbow right into Coyle's face and he (Granlund) will somehow get the concussion. With a minute left in overtime Haula will throw his stick back to Dubnyk, who will skate to center ice, pull his mask off, flip the puck up, shoot it, it will hit the back boards, go out front and deflect in off Kuemper's pads only to have the goal cancelled due to a penalty. In the shootout Tuch will appear out of nowhere wearing an old school Wild jersey and he will score the only goal in the shootout because dynamic.

:yo: :sarcasm:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The dude had like 5 shirts on at a time, and he kept taking one off and throwing it into the crowd over and over again. :laugh: Then the rest of the game, he would go basically all around the stadium and get different sections cheering pretty loudly, while dancing a bunch and giving away a ton of T-shirts.

Could get repetitive fast if you've seen it before, but gets the crowd into the game.
It does get old when you're there a lot, but like TaLoN said...it's better than Nordy. Basically, they give him a bunch of t-shirts to wear. He throws them all on and then goes into the crowd. They try to make it look like he's just another fan, but then the music starts and he goes nuts dancing and ripping off the shirts one by one and tossing them to the fans.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
And as for the schedule....yeah, we've got some easier games. So if this team is serious about wanting to play in April, then they need to play their tails off like they're facing the Hawks every night. A little less talking and a lot more action.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
It does get old when you're there a lot, but like TaLoN said...it's better than Nordy. Basically, they give him a bunch of t-shirts to wear. He throws them all on and then goes into the crowd. They try to make it look like he's just another fan, but then the music starts and he goes nuts dancing and ripping off the shirts one by one and tossing them to the fans.

I remember an article on him, or one of his ilk awhile back, they bring in sometimes 200-400k a year being "professional fans".

I can't stand him. Firstly, it's an event sport thing which drives me up the bloody wall but mainly it was his comment when he was sitting next to us last year I think? When he turns to this girl and says (this was when the team was playing like absolute tripe and was down 4-0 to the Kings) "the game doesn't matter, it's all about the experience".

That in a nutshell is why I hate modern sports and anything to do with "event fans" and "event fan" marketing.

That's just me though, a lot of people like it, and fair play to them. I don't ruin it for other people, I just watch the game and speaking of that it was....fantastic. It's nice to see the battle of this team under Torch. They do leak a little too much at times, but they keep putting in shifts, guys like Porter today were great (you can tell he doesn't want to lose his spot) and that's what I want to see as a fan. I want to see players CARE about what they do.

Beating the Avies is always fun, especially when you have one that stands and claps in people's faces when they score goals in front of you and then has to sit in silence as they lose 6-3.

Last edited:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I love beating the Avs. I like some of their players, but Roy, Landeskog and McLeod just piss me off so much.

Dubnyk might have to worry about Kuemper coming down the ice and starting a fight. I mean, did you see that chop he gave a player the other day? Koivu and Parise will drop the gloves for the captaincy. Spurgeon will deck Nino. Granlund will flying elbow right into Coyle's face and he (Granlund) will somehow get the concussion. With a minute left in overtime Haula will throw his stick back to Dubnyk, who will skate to center ice, pull his mask off, flip the puck up, shoot it, it will hit the back boards, go out front and deflect in off Kuemper's pads only to have the goal cancelled due to a penalty. In the shootout Tuch will appear out of nowhere wearing an old school Wild jersey and he will score the only goal in the shootout because dynamic.

This made me laugh :laugh:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I remember an article on him, or one of his ilk awhile back, they bring in sometimes 200-400k a year being "professional fans".

I can't stand him. Firstly, it's an event sport thing which drives me up the bloody wall but mainly it was his comment when he was sitting next to us last year I think? When he turns to this girl and says (this was when the team was playing like absolute tripe and was down 4-0 to the Kings) "the game doesn't matter, it's all about the experience".

That in a nutshell is why I hate modern sports and anything to do with "event fans" and "event fan" marketing.

That's just me though, a lot of people like it, and fair play to them. I don't ruin it for other people, I just watch the game and speaking of that it was....fantastic. It's nice to see the battle of this team under Torch. They do leak a little too much at times, but they keep putting in shifts, guys like Porter today were great (you can tell he doesn't want to lose his spot) and that's what I want to see as a fan. I want to see players CARE about what they do.

Beating the Avies is always fun, especially when you have one that stands and claps in people's faces when they score goals in front of you and then has to sit in silence as they lose 6-3.
What gets me is when others are fooled by it and start making comparisons. But again, if you haven't seen him before, then it it's probably cool. But when you hear others enjoying it and commenting why can't more Wild fans be like that, I just want to scream, "He's a hired fan!" I'd dance and rip my shirt off too if they paid me.

As annoyed as I can sometimes get with it, he is better than Nordy, so there's the silver lining.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
What gets me is when others are fooled by it and start making comparisons. But again, if you haven't seen him before, then it it's probably cool. But when you hear others enjoying it and commenting why can't more Wild fans be like that, I just want to scream, "He's a hired fan!" I'd dance and rip my shirt off too if they paid me.

As annoyed as I can sometimes get with it, he is better than Nordy, so there's the silver lining.

He mainly entertains a lot of the first timers, most STHs have seen it a bunch of times. Hell, I go to 14-16ish games or such a season (sometimes more) and I've seen him at least 5 times.

I don't mind Nordy, the drum is annoying when it's right next to your ear, but with Minnesota being in usual pessimism and/or super concentrate on the game mode (or hands under butts event fans / new PC era) it makes some noise, but it kind of detracts from the play, people are cheering for the dude, not the Wild. The NHL (or major sports in general) isn't about atmosphere anymore, college puck is always way better for that excluding the playoffs.

If they had a capo screaming chants all game it would be a bit different. :yo:

Oh, and I hit the mystery pucks HARD tonight. Opened 4 already -- Koivu, Pom, Dubs, Parise....with more to follow. Christmas presents sorted for friends/family.................and myself. :laugh:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
He mainly entertains a lot of the first timers, most STHs have seen it a bunch of times. Hell, I go to 14-16ish games or such a season (sometimes more) and I've seen him at least 5 times.

I don't mind Nordy, the drum is annoying when it's right next to your ear, but with Minnesota being in usual pessimism and/or super concentrate on the game mode (or hands under butts event fans / new PC era) it makes some noise, but it kind of detracts from the play, people are cheering for the dude, not the Wild. The NHL (or major sports in general) isn't about atmosphere anymore, college puck is always way better for that excluding the playoffs.

If they had a capo screaming chants all game it would be a bit different. :yo:

Oh, and I hit the mystery pucks HARD tonight. Opened 4 already -- Koivu, Pom, Dubs, Parise....with more to follow. Christmas presents sorted for friends/family.................and myself. :laugh:
Damn, those weren't cheap either. You gotta keep Parise's. I passed for fear of getting Prosser. Use to get them and the mystery helmets years ago, and rarely got the players I was aiming for.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

Oh really? :laugh:

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
There was a bunch of signed pucks all wrapped up so you couldn't see who signed it. Then you paid $40 to get one, random draw. Could be anyone currently on the team.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
That's really cool.

So I was looking at the upcoming schedule:

At Toronto
At Buffalo
Blues
Oilers

There's no reason why we can't go at least 3/4, maybe even 4/4 since we're playing the Blues at home. Take it one game at a time but we have an opportunity to grab a playoff spot with some cushion.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'll believe it when I see it. This team has been the very essence of inconsistency this year.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota

ahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad