A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
vqynciabim.png

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
This is a play-in for the playoffs tonight. At least that's the attitude the players should have. Huge game. Going tonight so we better win.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Let's see if we can put together a home winning streak tonight!

Edit: That should not have felt as weird to type as it did...

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Playoffs start tonight for all intents and purposes, win and we're in. We need about 30 more wins this season!

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Time to slap those pretenders where they belong: Out of the playoffs.

se7en

infamous...
Apr 14, 2010
Maui, HI
The Optimist in me says Alright, we're back to our winning ways against a familiar opponent and this is the start of the playoff push that squeezes us back in the top 8. We got this!

The Pessimist in me says We've only just won our first game at home in all of 2016 and it's March (sans the SS game) and we've only mustered 5 wins in 2016 as well. We brought in no help at the trade deadline & we're playing a team on the rise that also fully expects to make the playoffs. Time to be a disappointed Minnesota fan again...

Optimism vs. Pessimism in a full-on showdown!

Man I hate loving the Wild... I mean this question seriously.. Is there another team that you can think of that's like the Wild? And I mean in all of pro sports? It's like most teams are either horrible, mediocre or awesome. The Wild seem to always find a way to be all 3 in a single season.. I can't think of any other team that's so all over the board.. Huge winning binges then just complete epic collapses, mentally fragile (& I don't know the proper vocabulary word for this but) basically mopey indifference... Sometimes I can't even tell if this team truly cares or if they care too much...? They are a mystery wrapped in an enigma of disappointment and angst with just enough dashes of top notch play so that there's that little shred of hope sprinkled in making it so that each loss just hurts that much more...

I never know what to make of them for each of the last 3 or 4 years I've counted them out, then they go on some epic run just crushing teams, I guard my hopes carefully but they just keep winning & all of a sudden I start to believe in them and then boom. Suckage and out. It's like they know how to make it hurt the most haha. Oh well tho.. can't do anything about it but sit & watch..

Go Wild

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The Optimist in me says Alright, we're back to our winning ways against a familiar opponent and this is the start of the playoff push that squeezes us back in the top 8. We got this!

The Pessimist in me says We've only just won our first game at home in all of 2016 and it's March (sans the SS game) and we've only mustered 5 wins in 2016 as well. We brought in no help at the trade deadline & we're playing a team on the rise that also fully expects to make the playoffs. Time to be a disappointed Minnesota fan again...

Optimism vs. Pessimism in a full-on showdown!

Man I hate loving the Wild... I mean this question seriously.. Is there another team that you can think of that's like the Wild? And I mean in all of pro sports? It's like most teams are either horrible, mediocre or awesome. The Wild seem to always find a way to be all 3 in a single season.. I can't think of any other team that's so all over the board.. Huge winning binges then just complete epic collapses, mentally fragile (& I don't know the proper vocabulary word for this but) basically mopey indifference... Sometimes I can't even tell if this team truly cares or if they care too much...? They are a mystery wrapped in an enigma of disappointment and angst with just enough dashes of top notch play so that there's that little shred of hope sprinkled in making it so that each loss just hurts that much more...

I never know what to make of them for each of the last 3 or 4 years I've counted them out, then they go on some epic run just crushing teams, I guard my hopes carefully but they just keep winning & all of a sudden I start to believe in them and then boom. Suckage and out. It's like they know how to make it hurt the most haha. Oh well tho.. can't do anything about it but sit & watch..

Go Wild

Try being an avs fan since Roykic took over :laugh:

**** the bed out of the gates, epically fight back from the awful start, and then settle into a completely unpredictable mess who either loses to teams behind us in the standings or beats the teams ahead of us. We do it in completely different ways, but holy hell do both of our teams like to mix long stretches of terrible hockey with insane runs of form.

EDIT:
Sorry about posting, I usually just lurk the team we're playing's thread, but I've read that post (almost verbatim) on the avs board countless times this season and last :laugh:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
both teams should be amped, playoff atmosphere lets hope the players decide it & not the refs. imagine the meltdown roy will have if avs lose.

se7en

infamous...
Apr 14, 2010
Maui, HI
Try being an avs fan since Roykic took over :laugh:

**** the bed out of the gates, epically fight back from the awful start, and then settle into a completely unpredictable mess who either loses to teams behind us in the standings or beats the teams ahead of us. We do it in completely different ways, but holy hell do both of our teams like to mix long stretches of terrible hockey with insane runs of form.

EDIT:
Sorry about posting, I usually just lurk the team we're playing's thread, but I've read that post (almost verbatim) on the avs board countless times this season and last :laugh:

Don't be sorry for posting, post here anytime man!

I totally understand what you're saying and as I typed that I did remember seeing similar posts when I've lurked the Avs boards but 1 big factor, well in actuality 2 big factors that the Avs have that the Wild don't. 2 STANLEY CUPS! haha

I feel like I could be more optimistic and forgiving of my team(s) if any of them had actually ever won something.. We're perennial losers in every sports and after 30+ years of die hard support, it is just extra frustrating!! (yes the Twins won when I was like 6 but I don't count that, I was too young to really know or care) but as for the rest of our sports teams, nothing but years of futility.. It's brutal!

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Lets ****ing WRECK this team. I wanna see Roy knock over the partition between the benches because he's so livid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad