Pre-Game Talk: 2U’s 2K’s 1TUUKKA, He’s back TONIGHT! Bruins vs. Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
So, I will leave this here as I will be on my way to Boston soon.

Please a nice big Bs win with NO injuries.

Hey Steve, I hope the Bruins win tonight (it has been a year since Steve left us:().

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:
Have a blast as always and ill do my (waves through the tv) thing when they show you on tv! LOL

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Yup. ESPN broadcast makes NESN look like the best in the business. I actually have enjoyed the games that TNT has done. Love the PP clock on the ice and the shot speed they pop up from time to time. Not a huge fan of Keith Jones, but he and Alberts (I think) at least didn't talk over each other. The intermission is also a hell of a lot more entertaining.

It's quite a contrast isn't it? I like TNT games, they present things well, they mostly call games down the middle, and Albert is a good play by play guy. Nothing major really to fault with how they're covering hockey - ESPN could learn a thing or two from them.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I'm expecting a little rust from Tuukka tonight, and then an overreaction from people on this board, afterward...I've always thought that he's been a little bit of a slow starter early in the season. I don't have hard numbers to back that up, but I've always felt that way.

I'm glad he's back but I think he'll need a couple of games to get back in the grove.

It varies with Rask. 2015 he started slow, 2016 red hot, 2017 middling, 2018 middling, 2019 outstanding, and 2020-21 just ok. On average it seems more often than not it takes him a little while to really get into his groove, as it does most goalies, but not always. In this case, it's a really unprecedented situation anyway, since most teams have their offense much better drilled now than they usually are in October, while Tuuk is starting cold. So I fully expect it's going to take him at least a couple of games to get dialled in. Just hope the Bruins D can give him good support during that time, although with all the injuries and Covid they're up against it themselves.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Honestly, not sure what to say with this game tonight. Second night of a back to back, Rask hasn't played since 1989.

I think it will be close but the Bruins get it done.

3-2 Bruins

Reactions: Knox Harrington

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Could be defensive nightmare tonight, do we even have 6 non-injured and not in protocols D men to suit up? Hope no one else on the backend gets hurt, although Flyers always seem to injure at least one Bruin every game. Good luck #40, going to see lots of rubber tonight.
Here we go :bruinshere we go:clap::clap:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
McAvoy
Carlo
Reilly
Vaak
Achan
Lewington

That's the D for tonight? I feel like Lewington will toss his body around and that would be a breath of fresh air.

Reactions: Knox Harrington

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Only Bruins players not to get Covid this year

Pastrnak
Foligno
McAvoy
Reilly
Ullmark
Rask

maybe Covid is our good luck charm though ever since the boys all got it we have been rolling

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I know it’s the Flyers but this game could go sideways quickly. Need the big guns to come through. Hall and Pasta should be fresh as they essentially took last night off . Need them to score tonight.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
McAvoy should be near 30 mins tonight
Carlo should probably play around 25

Reilly McAvoy
Vaakanien Carlo
Achan Lewington

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I had sent the GDT to Fenway earlier. If he hasn’t posted it by 6 then I’ll post it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad