Prospect Info: 2nd Round Kings Pick #60 Defenseman Alex Lintuniemi

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
They are definitely overrated if that's all they have to show for it in a span of an eternity. Martinez is ancient at this point as we as Clifford.

Voynov, Toffoli, Martinez, Schenn, Simmonds.

The fact this is the cream of the crop of the Kings drafting in a span of an eternity is a problem.

Clague failed to impress, Kupari just drafted though doing real solid , Vilardi barely healthy. Petersen and Brickley are just new additions..

Tell me how could anyone rave about the Kings inability to draft a game changer? The last game changer that was on the Kings roster via draft was Voynov. Let that sink in.

Everyone will continue to suck off the Scouting dept for whatever reason maybe cause Futa has an interesting sounding name, there's no other reason why anyone should say they're good. At best, mediocre.

Want to know the fact that proves this? Check out the standings.

Kempe playing third line. Amadio barely getting ice. Must be amazing to rave about bottom 6 players, and yes they have potential but obviously aren't hitting it yet.

From the last 5 drafts only Amadio and Kempe are the ones consistently in the line up.

Come on.

Theyve drafted better lately, but let that sink in for a moment. And from the "last five drafts" Kempe is third line, and amadio 4th or sent down.

Fishhead really broke it down for you quite nice and you either didn't understand him, or you think that every team hits 60% of their picks every year,

The reason it looks like the Kings dont draft well, is because the LACK of picks that they have, when they HAVE 1st round picks, they hit on them for the MOST part, no team hits 100% on 1st round picks, hell almost no team hits 50% on ALL picks, when you hit 2 for 7 every year, you are doing GREAT, and that's what 28%? (someone correct me if I am wrong, I suck at math)

I love how you say the last game changer the Kings drafted was Voynov, while you ignore Doughty in the SAME FREAKING DRAFT ffs....

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Fishhead really broke it down for you quite nice and you either didn't understand him, or you think that every team hits 60% of their picks every year,

The reason it looks like the Kings dont draft well, is because the LACK of picks that they have, when they HAVE 1st round picks, they hit on them for the MOST part, no team hits 100% on 1st round picks, hell almost no team hits 50% on ALL picks, when you hit 2 for 7 every year, you are doing GREAT, and that's what 28%? (someone correct me if I am wrong, I suck at math)

I love how you say the last game changer the Kings drafted was Voynov, while you ignore Doughty in the SAME FREAKING DRAFT ffs....
COLTON TEUBERT!!!! and for those hating on Futa that was a DL pick! Futa and Co wanted some kid named Erik Karlsson

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
COLTON TEUBERT!!!! and for those hating on Futa that was a DL pick! Futa and Co wanted some kid named Erik Karlsson

LOL for every Colton Teubert to LA there is a Kyle Beach to Chicago or Chet Pickard to Nashville or Anton Gustafsson to Washington or Tyler Cuma to Minnesota or Greg Nemisz to Calgary....

I can go on and on and on.... but EVERY TEAM MISSES and EVERY TEAM HITS....it's how often that makes up the difference in good or bad

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

Didn't ignore Doughty since Voynov isnt on the Kings anymore and no one ever replaced hence he was the last game changer to be drafted by the Kings, sure if you want to be thorough so was Doughty. And this happened an eternity ago. My point exactly.

Yeah for sure not a lot of great picks but rarely capitalized on any

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
LOL for every Colton Teubert to LA there is a Kyle Beach to Chicago or Chet Pickard to Nashville or Anton Gustafsson to Washington or Tyler Cuma to Minnesota or Greg Nemisz to Calgary....

I can go on and on and on.... but EVERY TEAM MISSES and EVERY TEAM HITS....it's how often that makes up the difference in good or bad
But Colton Teubert lol

Last edited:
Reactions: King Trouty

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Didn't ignore Doughty since Voynov isnt on the Kings anymore and no one ever replaced hence he was the last game changer to be drafted by the Kings, sure if you want to be thorough so was Doughty. And this happened an eternity ago. My point exactly.

Yeah for sure not a lot of great picks but rarely capitalized on any

I think you just made everyone's head explode,

So since Voynov isn't on the Kings anymore, he's the last game changer, because well, Doughty is on the Kings...

By your logic then, you are wrong, Schenn or Zykov, or Colin Miller would be the last.....cuz they aren't on the Kings...but were drafted by ex-Kings

Last edited by a moderator:

Jericho111091

Dec 18, 2014
Paramount Ca
Regarding Lintuniemi. He isn't very exciting, but he wouldn't be a bad 8th dman imo. Somebody to call up to sit in the press box in the case of injury etc.

KingsCourt

Aug 15, 2005
The Kings didn't draft Kopitar or Quick? Those guys aren't impressive? Doughty isn't either? None of those guys are high end? That's the holy trinity of a cup winner ffs.

Are you drunk, man?

Go back to 2010, really lack luster .toffoli and pearson...and forbort(i guess)

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Yes because ScheIn was a difference maker when he was with the Kings. Dat logic tho

It seems pretty silly you're saying Voynov is the last impact player the Kings drafted as evidence of how the scouting is overrated, when Schenn was traded away before he had an impact on the Kings. The fact that players the Kings have drafted have had impacts elsewhere doesn't mean the Kings drafting is overrated. They find talent, that's what scouts do.

Arguing that they can't find talent when the talent they find is traded away is not a realistic or fair way to assess job performance.

If the Kings traded away Doughty shortly after drafting him, would you still say he's not an impact player since he didn't have a chance to make an impact on the Kings?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad