Thanks for these threads old Buddy.
They are appreciated

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
Played under Chris Byrne who got hired as a Kings scout recently

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
NHL central scouting weren't very impressed with this guy 187th among N.A. Skaters....but I trust Deano...got the size he likes. We'll see. seems like a more SAHD.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Sounds like a long-term prospect on the back-end, but most importantly, you can't teach size and this kid has it. Isn't it nice being in an organization where we're all not hurriedly rushing prospects into the big leagues anymore?

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Sounds like a long-term prospect on the back-end, but most importantly, you can't teach size and this kid has it. Isn't it nice being in an organization where we're all not hurriedly rushing prospects into the big leagues anymore?

So true. The Kings are building an amazing stable of D prospects.

McNabb, Forbort, McKeown, Gravel, Ebert, LaDue, Roach, MacDermid,
Lintuniemi, Miller, Leslie.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
So, he's a 67 so prepare for a bunch of biased information on him from me. You have been warned that said I will be very subjective and since I have only seen him play in person this past season about a dozen times my impressions are going to be based on a small sample size and the opinion(s) of his coaches.

Alex Lintuniemi, Ottawa 67's (OHL)

Alex was named a "players to watch" on two different occasions this past season for the NHL CSS. His end of season personal stats are the 6-3 1/2, 234-pounds. He is projected to flesh out in NHL playing shape at 6'4" and 230lbs (CSS#'s).

He was born in Helsinki, but grew up in the town of Isokorpi (just outside of Helsinki). He came to NA after being chosen with the second pick of the 2013 Canadian Hockey League Import Draft. He was captain for the Under-20 Jokerit team in Finland's junior A division last season and had four goals, 14 points and 76 penalty minutes in 38 games.

He is a solid skater and his greatest attribute is his I.Q./head for the game. He isn't super fast or nimble but he covers the ice pretty easily and plays a very sound positional game. "Alex is a very good reliable player who you rarely notice on the ice but in a good way. He is just always right where he needs to be doing what needs to be done" is what his coach Chris Burne said today when asked about him. "He (Alex) is going to be a good player for the Kings in a few years and I can't see any reason why he won't be a solid NHL'er".

I see him as a cross between Nordstrom and Martinez. Not that his game is anywhere near either of those two players games today but that is the style of game that he plays among his peers. If he can maintain this level of play I see him developing into a great fit for our #4-6 on D but a very very solid SAH dman who has the ability to play in every situation. So 2nd pairing Dman but a very good one. He isn't ever going to be a big point producer but he has the ability to anchor a shut down D pair without slowing up a break out.

Those are my quick notes on him.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
2nd round draft pick from the OHL. Draft services had hit rated lower, and the Kings had an inside connection instructing them to "reach" on the player....

Feel like I've heard this story before....

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Not a huge fan of this pick. Looks like a guy who fits the Kings' mold but could've gotten him Round 4 or 5.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Not a huge fan of this pick. Looks like a guy who fits the Kings' mold but could've gotten him Round 4 or 5.

He wouldn't have made it past the late 2nd early 3rd. Lot's of teams had their eyes on him. I am sure CNS who was said to be there today can tell you what other GM's had to say about the pick. There were more than a few of them who gave DL full marks for the pick.

But its all just opinion and you could be right. I am happy we spent the pick on him but time will tell if the kid makes it or not. I think he will.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I like that this kid has been a captain of a team already, shows maturity and leadership. If he can develop into a bottom pairing guy who utilizes his size and continues to develop his hockey IQ then we got a good one.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
"Alex is a very good reliable player who you rarely notice on the ice but in a good way. He is just always right where he needs to be doing what needs to be done" is what his coach Chris Burne said today when asked about him...I see him developing into a great fit for our #4-6 on D but a very very solid SAH dman who has the ability to play in every situation. So 2nd pairing Dman but a very good one. He isn't ever going to be a big point producer but he has the ability to anchor a shut down D pair without slowing up a break out...

This is what I was looking for in this draft. Not just the smallish, point producing defenseman, but the man in the back defending the goal. The guy that will give the goaltender the confidence to cover an odd man rush because he knows that Alex is has his man wrapped up. Good defensive second round for the Kings.

hauspaint

Oct 19, 2005
It's pronounced "LintuNIIIIIII-EEE-MIIIIII"
leantoniemi.jpg
stupid I know...

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Once we get up what Yanetti said exclusively to MayorsManor, you guys will change your tune a bit. :)

But first, sleep off this ridiculously long day.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
For the people who didn't like this pick, who would you have rather had who was still available at #60?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
For the people who didn't like this pick, who would you have rather had who was still available at #60?

Nelson Nogier
Brett Lernout

Those two are just defensemen I've seen multiple times who I would have preferred over him.

But I'm okay with the pick. Just not my first choice.

guderian

Nov 10, 2006
Zagreb

Nikita Tryamkin(D), Blake Siebenaler(D), Anton Karlsson(LW), Nick Magyar(RW)

Karlsson would fit well with Kings style and philosophy

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2