Post-Game Talk: #29| New York Islanders @ Tampa Bay Lightning | December 9th | 7:00 PM | F/W 5-1

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I feel refs won't let Johnston fight....he's been stopped on a few almost fights now

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
By including the word 'so' Captain Obvious, which implies a logical continuation based on what I said, implying that my calling him dirty means I don't want him on my team. Saying 'But' instead of 'So' completely changes the meaning of what you said, and based on your use of language, you know this.

And yes, the answer is yes of course I would want him on the team. It's a stupid question.
Talk about jumping to conclusions, you jumped to about 10 of them there. It was a legit question. I get a kick out self righteous posters b*tching about dirty players and I wonder why they even bring it up. Question answered.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
been too many games lately where we have a strong period , but don't score, let up the first goal and lose momentum. You know we won't be able to hold their offense down for 3 periods.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Talk about jumping to conclusions, you jumped to about 10 of them there. It was a legit question. I get a kick out self righteous posters b*tching about dirty players and I wonder why they even bring it up. Question answered.

Um ok. :thumbu:

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
been too many games lately where we have a strong period , but don't score, let up the first goal and lose momentum. You know we won't be able to hold their offense down for 3 periods.
The Anaheim game comes to mind. Incredible first, very lackluster second and third. That was the team’s MOST under Cappy too. Sometimes that have the great first, not score, then get demoralized and the other team would carry the play the rest of the game (even though more often than not, the team would look completely unprepared for the game and fall behind quickly)

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
When and why did he say that?
I believe it was after they swept us in the playoffs. Let me dig up the exact quote

Lightning's Kucherov humiliates Islanders: 'I wish we could play them more'

The onslaught continued even after the horn sounded.
After a third, near-effortless victory over the New York Islanders in less than two weeks, the Tampa Bay Lightning were regretting the fact their opponent Monday night won't appear on the schedule again this season.
"I wish we could play them more," Nikita Kucherov told Joe Smith of the Tampa Bay Times after the 4-0 victory, humiliating the Islanders a little further.
The Lightning swept the season series by a combined score of 14-2, in the process handing the Islanders three of the nine losses they've suffered in their last 10 games.
Kucherov, meanwhile, racked up four goals and nearly 40 percent of his total production so far this season in three contests versus New York, so you can understand where he's coming from.

Reactions: SteveH124

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Sounds about right. I understand the reasons for it and I'm not in any way demanding that LL do just anything to fix it but from a purely visceral standpoint, it's getting tougher and tougher to watch Barzal's talent being stifled because he has no help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad