Post-Game Talk: #29| New York Islanders @ Tampa Bay Lightning | December 9th | 7:00 PM | F/W 5-1

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
He's just been a little ***** of a player for years now. He's the new Kris Letang. Very skilled, but when things doesn't go his way, he starts slashing and being a prick. He's been quoted as saying he wishes he could play the Islanders all the time because of how easy we were to play against. That plus him playing like a little ***** puts him in my top 5 least favorite players.

He also got into it with Mayfield last year too before running to the Bench.
I forgot that with Mayfield. Was wondering if I missed something.

crasherino

May 9, 2013

sZyduSc.gif

Glad to hear Leddy is day to day. Still surprised they didn't have someone fly down yesterday. You could always have a last minute injury/sickness that would cost you a Dman.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Glad to hear Leddy is day to day. Still surprised they didn't have someone fly down yesterday. You could always have a last minute injury/sickness that would cost you a Dman.

The speculation from the weekend was that Leddy was going to be out 4-6 minimum and that it could be a possible ACL tear. Thankfully, it's not that serious.

Kind of odd that they'd scare the shit out of us and then report that it was only a boo boo. That's the opposite of what typically happens.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
The speculation from the weekend was that Leddy was going to be out 4-6 minimum and that it could be a possible ACL tear. Thankfully, it's not that serious.

Kind of odd that they'd scare the **** out of us and then report that it was only a boo boo. That's the opposite of what typically happens.
The 4-6 weeks that I saw was from someone on Twitter ( a doctor of sorts) that speculated it was likely an MCL sprain/tear and possibly an ACL. Can't remember if someone of some repute re-tweeted it that made it look official but I don't think it came from the team or even Art or Gross. Hopefully he's back by the weekend. It did look ugly.

Reactions: PWJunior

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
The 4-6 weeks that I saw was from someone on Twitter ( a doctor of sorts) that speculated it was likely an MCL sprain/tear and possibly an ACL. Can't remember if someone of some repute re-tweeted it that made it look official but I don't think it came from the team or even Art or Gross. Hopefully he's back by the weekend. It did look ugly.

Yeah, found it. I thought it was a Staple/Gross tweet.

Reactions: crasherino

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Hope this doc is wrong. Who knows if Leddy's mobility will ever be the same after that kind of procedure. I guess we will get the extended look at Dobson we've been clamoring for.
I don't think he's basing his opinion on anything other than how it looked. Being that the Islanders haven't called anyone up and Trotz termed it "day to day", hopefully he avoided the worst of it. We won't really know 100% until he's back on the ice though. But if it was an MCL tear, I'm guessing Aho or someone else would be up with the team.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Anyone else feel like were gunna get lit up tonight?

I've got massive monarchs in my stomach, big butterflies they say. I don't know why I'm edgy like this is a playoff game, but perhaps it's because we are coming off a poor game in Dallas and I'd like to see them bounce back.

Despite the Bolts record, their roster on paper looks formidable.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I don't mind Dal Colle replacing Komarov. There is probably a little more offensive potential with MDC than with Komarov.

And I saw that too:

Looks like Dobson could be used on PP1?

There is zero offensive potential with MDC unless you’re talking about all of the irrelevant shit he did in juniors.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad