Post-Game Talk: #29| New York Islanders @ New Jersey Devils | March 14th | 5:00 PM | F/SOW 3-2

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Devil fans trying to semantics there way out of not losing last night is funny.
I dunno what they’re saying exactly but they basically had that game won. Considering they are pretty much out of the playoff hunt and don’t need/want the points at this point, I’d consider it a win too if I were them.

so we all go home happy!

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I dunno what they’re saying exactly but they basically had that game won. Considering they are pretty much out of the playoff hunt and don’t need/want the points at this point, I’d consider it a win too if I were them.

so we all go home happy!
Moreso that a loss in OT isn't a loss, it's a tie. So their 10(11?) game losing streak is over, however their winless streak is still on :laugh:

Reactions: Wanderson

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I think Barzal is just showing the effects of 3 games in 4 days he looked a bit tired. Not as decisive a little brain fog.
Also he does have to get used to having Bellows as a winger. Getting a feel for his tendencies trying to mesh with him and Ebs.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
I loved the replay angle on Wahlstrom's shoot out goal.
You could see he has the confidence of a goal scorer composed, calculated came in head up picked his spot and didn't wavier.
All this is possible because of his complete faith in his shot, he's beating goalies from 30' with wrist shots that come from nowhere his release is completely unexpected.
If all goes well your looking at a goal scorer who will be happy to call L.I. home for many years to come.

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I loved the replay angle on Wahlstrom's shoot out goal.
You could see he has the confidence of a goal scorer composed, calculated came in head up picked his spot and didn't wavier.
All this is possible because of his complete faith in his shot, he's beating goalies from 30' with wrist shots that come from nowhere his release is completely unexpected.
If all goes well your looking at a goal scorer who will be happy to call L.I. home for many years to come.

It's really amazing. He's got it and what's special about him is he understands what he possesses and as we've seen on the PP, is aware enough to know that it isn't always the time to shoot. His shot is respected enough that he is going to keep defenders and goalies honest and slide it across when lanes are clogged.

His passing game is underrated.

Reactions: NC 1972

Stercrazy

Jul 4, 2007
Was at the game last night. It was nice to see live hockey again.....and an Isles win.

Reactions: JKP

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
The timeline actually saved me on this one. So I've complained numerous times about how on the NHL app, the forced timeline spoils the ending time of games watched in archive (basically all games for me except weekends). So, I saw by the amount of time the game ran, even with the delay, that it was going to at least OT. Then, when Subban scored I would normally just exit the app, but when I clicked and saw the timeline still had time left I was like, "Why is there all this extra time at the end?" As I was pondering, still about to back out, instinct kicked in and I thought, "review" and just as I said that Brendan announces that Trotz hasn't left the bench yet. Nice to actually get surprised because of the timeline, for probably the only time that will ever happen.

Reactions: notDatsyuk and TMI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad