Post-Game Talk: #29| New York Islanders @ Florida Panthers | December 12th | 7:00 PM | F/W 3-1

GoIsles1

Sep 12, 2018
I am not happy Griess is playing tonight. Varlamov has been playing much better than Griess and I figure now was the time to end the rotation. Especially against a good offensive team like the Cats. Hope Griesser comes through.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
We are entering a new era for goaltenders. Everyone will have a 1A and 1B..it's no longer 1A and a backup. Look at all the problems the Leafs have and how Anderson is not happy with playing as many games (around 64-69) this season.

Goaltending (I can't believe I'm saying this considering all the shit years we've had) is NOT a problem on this team..for once!

On another note...uhh.. Are we going to wipe a year off of Dobson's ELC....considering that Leddy is down?

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
We are entering a new era for goaltenders. Everyone will have a 1A and 1B..it's no longer 1A and a backup. Look at all the problems the Leafs have and how Anderson is not happy with playing as many games (around 64-69) this season.

Goaltending (I can't believe I'm saying this considering all the **** years we've had) is NOT a problem on this team..for once!

On another note...uhh.. Are we going to wipe a year off of Dobson's ELC....considering that Leddy is down?
I don't think the 9 games were ever a concern once they decided he wasn't going back to dominate juniors again

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I just thought they'd keep him up as long as possible and at the tail end, they'd send him back for some playoff games

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
After a lopsided amount of home games early in the season, tonights road game will make the home and away games even. :thumbu:

Reactions: PWJunior

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
hope clutterbuck and the boys didn't play too much golf down here in the sunshine state and come ready to earn two points....LGI!

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006

I’d also like the NHL to somehow loosen up the waiver requirements and cap impact for goalies. So that teams can carry a quality third stringer that can easily be called up when there are injuries.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
The panthers GDT title is funny.. isles are annoying!
Evidently these Panther fans were not around to watch the 1990's/2000's NJD.
Left wing lock, trap, trap, trap. Now that was boring.
And they won 3 Cups.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Just looking at Lehner's stats in penalty shootouts and they are horrendous.
Noticed last year that Greiss was much better on penalties... Just wondering, can you switch goalies before the shootout?

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Just looking at Lehner's stats in penalty shootouts and they are horrendous.
Noticed last year that Greiss was much better on penalties... Just wondering, can you switch goalies before the shootout?

Lehner has always been bad at them. I'm pretty sure he went an entire season in Buffalo without saving one shootout attempt.

And yes you can, but it's generally not done.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Lehner has always been bad at them. I'm pretty sure he went an entire season in Buffalo without saving one shootout attempt.

And yes you can, but it's generally not done.
Ta... There were times last year i would have liked to see Greiss inserted!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad