Post-Game Talk: 29 > 97

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
*Puts player between Lucic and Puljujarvi*

"Why aren't you scoring?!?"

Classic Chia and McLellan.

It's really a trickle down net result of the Hall/Eberle trades, he realized that he had f***ed up, and gutted too much of the team's scoring/depth potential with Lucic's scoring falling off the map too (and they couldn't keep Maroon either).

Chippy11

We have a Hulk
Jun 2, 2015
I don’t like Mcdavid’s game management tbf.
He has Elite skills but man he has some head scratchers.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
They're not really that bizarre at all.

Strome couldn't buy a goal and in general the depth scoring was killing the team. He realized too late that he had gutted the winger depth and speed of the team .

It was a desperate reaction to the realization that the team is indeed actually too slow.

Manning/Petrovic were supposed to cover for Klefbom/Russell for a short stretch, because the team was actually doing really well prior to the injuries to those two. The thought was to ride out the period until Klef/Russell got back with two veteran-ish D.

Now he's a moron for getting himself into these situations to begin with, but I actually predicted he would start making trades like that once he got desperate, it didn't surprise me at all.

Im with you, and those players is the mold of what Chia likes. As the spoken word is" thinks he is the smartest man in the room" but with a twist. Chiarelli was the dumbest person in the room, with everyone else, except him knowing that.

I wish you could explain the Koskinen contract, thats the only thing I dont got at all. A goalie showing signs of regression, after just 45 games, gets a multi-millions contract. Bizzare.

The Spooner trade was just a shoot in the dark, for hope with a player he knew from the Boston period. WIth a little retention of salary. Really bad profit. It costed TMacs job,

The big failure, aside of getting to big and slow, was that he counted on that Yamamoto, Pujujärvi, Benson, Bear was to grew into rooster fulltime roles after just one. two years. None of them where ready, leaving holes. And the second plan of Pontus Åberg, Rattie, Reider...and Puljujärvi- thats so stupid - his Plan B with Pulju was also his plan A - to fill the gaps to some dignity - didnt reach any succes. They where flops.

Reider I actually excuse. HE had a good start, and got injured, and while back, didnt look as his old fast self.

Last edited:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Why is Klefbom not a good fit “there”, wherever “there” is?
He’s leading the Oiler’s D in points.
His point totals are misleading when the majority of them are 2nd assists and goals that he played no significant role in.

Klefbom is averaging over 4 minutes of PP time a game and doing nothing with it while Bear and Nurse are at 45 seconds.

JBear

Mar 26, 2014
His point totals are misleading when the majority of them are 2nd assists and goals that he played no significant role in.

Klefbom is averaging over 4 minutes of PP time a game and doing nothing with it while Bear and Nurse are at 45 seconds.

Why tinker with the #2 PP in the league? He may not be the most optimal dman for the #1 PP line but he's not hurting them. I might change it up if they start struggling but I'd give the #2 unit a bit more time then as most teams haven't seen much of them lol.

Wen22

May 28, 2006
Edmonton
Long time lurker (like really long time lol). Watching Drai score that ot goal inspired me to draw him lol

Attachments

• Vector Draisaitl.png
    Vector Draisaitl.png
    285.6 KB · Views: 18

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

I want to see Bear on the PP but I realize that it’s basically not practical right now. That Bear and Nurse pairing sees a lot of EV and PK ice time already. Not sure they can handle 25 minutes a game.

VincenzosOil

Nov 2, 2008
Klefbom has been brutal on the PP the last few years. Once upon a time, he was the better option because Sekera couldn't shoot worth a damn unless someone hung shin pads on the net. Now, all Klefbom does is fumble passes, miscues, or telegraph every move on the PP. And when he tries to shoot, its a muffin to the crest or wide. Guy just doesn't make quick enough decisions.

Sure he's collecting 2ndary assists now and then but when you have better options in Bear, or even Nurse, why not try to...you know...get better?

Oilers have a 27.9% PP conversion rate. 2nd in league from what I’ve researched. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Tell me again how Klefbom’s “fumble passes, miscues” and telegraphing his every move has dragged the PP down to second overall efficiency?

Sure, let’s try to...”you know...get better”. And sure, let’s imply that you and your ilk on this board are the only ones that can see there are “better options” than Klefbom on the PP and that the coaching staff just just aren’t getting it because, “you know”, despite their 2nd overall PP efficiency and their 1st overall ranking in the Pacific division Klefbom is dragging the team down.

Reactions: bucktown

VincenzosOil

Nov 2, 2008

Right. And yet the Oilers pp conversion is second overall.

Despite the Oilers early success you are contributing to branding Klefbom as the next team scapegoat when/if things go south. Also implying that coaching staff don’t know what they’re doing.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I want to see Bear on the PP but I realize that it’s basically not practical right now. That Bear and Nurse pairing sees a lot of EV and PK ice time already. Not sure they can handle 25 minutes a game.
Klefbom has been logging over 27min / game lately.
We need help on D.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Klefbom has been logging over 27min / game lately.
We need help on D.

That's because he's playing 7+ minutes of PP+PK.

Benning not being trusted with any special teams time is just another reason he needs to get fired into the sun.

Last edited:

ZenOil

Fast Twitch Hitch
Sep 23, 2010
Vancouver
Can't argue the PP stats. It's getting the job done with the Swedish Stallion. I think Bear would create better puck movement on the PP, but probably not the better shot of the two atm. It's a matter of time Bear gets a shot or two and look forward to how he looks.

Reactions: VincenzosOil
Oct 15, 2008
That's because he's playing 7+ minutes of PP+PK.

Benning not being trusted with any special teams time is just another reason he needs to get fired into the sun.
He didn’t even look when he fired the puck over the glass in Pittsburgh.

How is this guy playing in the NHL?

Reactions: frag2

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Can't argue the PP stats. It's getting the job done with the Swedish Stallion. I think Bear would create better puck movement on the PP, but probably not the better shot of the two atm. It's a matter of time Bear gets a shot or two and look forward to how he looks.
Bear has the better shot.. it was his bread and butter up until this season where he learned to play solid D.
Bear will probably cough up the puck more resulting in more SH goals against. His shot is certainly not the issue

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Bear has the better shot.. it was his bread and butter up until this season where he learned to play solid D.
Bear will probably cough up the puck more resulting in more SH goals against. His shot is certainly not the issue

Based on his play so far, that would be the least of our worries.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

I do think they are just happy to take it slow with Bear. He is doing well at even strength. You tag on those extra PP minutes and you're just putting more pressure on the kid to perform. It's just not necessary right now, especially with the PP doing just fine. I would guess he's practicing on the PP quite a bit already. Just no need to pile more on the kid when he's just starting to build up the confidence that he can be a regular top 4 NHLer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad