Pre-Game Talk: 29/10/15 | Vancouver Canucks @ Dallas Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Horvat with 1 G 2 A. We lose 5 - 4 by being down early and the new kids on the block with less than 9 mins each. Hutton with his first goal of the season.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I'm hoping we see continued improvement from Sbisa so that 50 percent of the posts on every GDT here are not a complaint about him.

He's been playing better. Try to realize that and don't be singing the same old tune. Yes he has struggled but he has also improved through the first few games this season.

Climbing off the soapbox now.
Yeah, I agree. I don't know why everyone is closing their eyes during the games. Complain about the salaries, contracts, and all that in the off-season. Now it's the season, everyone is equal and ignore the salary. The player is playing, not the money. Sbisa has been good so far, and against Montreal he struggled but when he was with Hutton he was pretty good in a simple, effective role.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
We've lost 7 in a row against these guys going back to 2013. I'd say we are due for a win against them but they are pretty damn hot right now.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
We've lost 7 in a row against these guys going back to 2013. I'd say we are due for a win against them but they are pretty damn hot right now.

5-1 nucks Mccann with another pair and Virtanen gets his first as a Nuck. And he fights Tyler Seguin

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I don't give a ****. Minds are set and nothing can change them. I've been down this road before and I forgot the lesson I learned.

Pretend I said nothing.

Not really man, I was sour on the McCann pick and now I'm one of his biggest supporters. If he becomes good at ice hockey than maybe we'll sing his praise.

alicia

~
Apr 11, 2011
Vancouver, B.C
2-0 Canucks, continuing their little hot streak and get the bounces in their favor. McCann gets his first assist of the year, and Virtanen shows us why he deserves to stick with the team and makes a thorough impact on the game

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Yeah, I agree. I don't know why everyone is closing their eyes during the games. Complain about the salaries, contracts, and all that in the off-season. Now it's the season, everyone is equal and ignore the salary. The player is playing, not the money. Sbisa has been good so far, and against Montreal he struggled but when he was with Hutton he was pretty good in a simple, effective role.

Uhhhhhh....... I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on these two points here.

Sbisa has not been awful but saying he's "been good" is a overstatement. It's almost a guarantee every game he'll make a couple bonehead plays

I don't give a ****. Minds are set and nothing can change them. I've been down this road before and I forgot the lesson I learned.

Pretend I said nothing.

Not really... everyone was harping on Miller on the offseason and now people are praising his play.

If Sbisa plays well, people will give him the credit. But you know, he has to play well on a consistent basis first.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I think some of you are missing Chairman's point. Everyone knows Sbisa still sucks. He's saying quit talking about it.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I think some of you are missing Chairman's point. Everyone knows Sbisa still sucks. He's saying quit talking about it.

This.gif

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Sad to see all the great GDT artists we had take a break from it. I've been wanting to pitch in with a few but school and work full time are enough of a load for me. Thankfully, I'll be DONE in December, soooo.... Looking forward to putting up some thoughtful GDTs in the new year!

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Sbisa has not been awful but saying he's "been good" is a overstatement. It's almost a guarantee every game he'll make a couple bonehead plays.

True of every defensemen in the league, save for a handful of perennial Norris candidates. Edler, Tanev, Hamhuis all have a blunder or two pretty much every game as well. He didn't look good against Montreal and is pretty partner dependant. But he's really the only guy we have that regularly uses his body to defend. You need to have a guy that can bang away at a guy that needs to be banged away at. Edler can do it, but Sbisa's game has more bite between the whistles, and you don't really want to waste Edler's energy on a crease crashing 3rd liners.

Whether you agree he's been good or not, everyone has to agree that since Sbisa got here til now, if nothing else, his play has trended up, even if just the teeniest weeniest little bit.

Not really... everyone was harping on Miller on the offseason and now people are praising his play.

If Sbisa plays well, people will give him the credit. But you know, he has to play well on a consistent basis first.

Miller is the clear cut team MVP at this point. I mean, yeah.

He's struggled vs the fast aggressive forechecks. I'd guess part of that is being on his off side, and teams gameplanning around that. He hasn't been great, but he's been solid for the most part. He fills a role every defensive unit needs.

On the road against a top end offence, I hope he's back with Hutton. Not sure about Bart-Weber though. Maybe have to consider splitting up Edler / Tanev on the road?

Edler-Hutton
Sbisa-Tanev
Bartkowski-Weber

I'm assuming Biega doesn't play, coming off the big win.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Splitting up Edler / Tanev is a terrible idea. You're either going to be trusting a rookie Hutton or Luca ****ing Sbisa to help shutdown the best duo in hockey, yeah no thanks.

Butcher

Dec 7, 2013
Not sure what the final score will be, but I predict Benn will score twice to pass the Ducks for goals scored.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
This could get ugly. Stars have a pretty dangerous offense. Spezza-Hemsky on their 3rd line...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad