Pre-Game Talk: 29/10/15 | Vancouver Canucks @ Dallas Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Automatic loss upcoming. Whens the last time we beat this team? I remember a PP keepaway to finish a game a few years back but nothing else.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
prediction:

Stars will capitalize on at least one pizza

their offence is too potent

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
If Gaunce draws in that gives the team 5 rookie/sophomore forwards. Pretty crazy to think close to half the forward core could be made up of 1st/2nd year NHL players...

Youth movement is in full effect.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I predict Horvat and Nichushkin get in a fight to finally settle the 9th overall debate.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Prust, on McCann:

If Desjardins needs another take, he can get a good one from Brandon Prust. The fourth-line winger has seen enough of his linemate to believe that McCann could be a keeper.

“He’s improved a lot and even in the last few games,†says Prust. “His confidence is getting back there. Sometimes at the start of the season he didn’t have it, but he feels confident out there. He’s been impressing me since the start of camp. Great skater, great shot and good vision. Fun to play with.â€
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/will+jared+mccann+stay+with+canucks/11475361/story.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
With Hamhuis out and maybe Bachman in net, I don't see us having much of a chance.

I picture both teams getting several quality chances but the Stars will capitalize on theirs.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Automatic loss upcoming. Whens the last time we beat this team? I remember a PP keepaway to finish a game a few years back but nothing else.

Came here to post that. Think it was towards the end of the 2011-2012 season. We played them like 4 times in the last month or something. The worst part is we've had so many near wins since then but have blown it every time.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I'm hoping we see continued improvement from Sbisa so that 50 percent of the posts on every GDT here are not a complaint about him.

He's been playing better. Try to realize that and don't be singing the same old tune. Yes he has struggled but he has also improved through the first few games this season.

Climbing off the soapbox now.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I'm hoping we can see continued improvement from Sbisa so that 50 percent of the posts on every GDT here are not a complaint about him.

He's been playing better. Try to realize that and don't be singing the same old tune.

Climbing off the soapbox now.

He's still bad at ice hockey, and will be riddiculed for that until he's off the team, or stops being bad at ice hockey.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Sbisa still sucks, he just sucks less than last year. I think this is how he actually is and last season was a result of him being paired with an arguably worse trainwreck in Bieksa.

As long as he is a bottom pairing guy he's not a terrible NHLer, he can do some things well. He just needs a defensively responsible partner. However, no excusing his contract.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
well to be fair, the amount of pizzas per game has decreased so thats nice. i only facepalm once or twice a game instead of 5.

baby steps amirite

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Sbisa has been better this season, and this game will be a great test for him because he's supposed to have the size to compete down low against the likes of Benn.

Not saying he'll be successful, as Benn is unstoppable right now, but if the Canucks somehow manage to win, I assume either he or Edler play an important role.

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
well to be fair, the amount of pizzas per game has decreased so thats nice. i only facepalm once or twice a game instead of 5.

baby steps amirite

Well if we extrapolate, he'll eventually be serving up negative pizzas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad