GDT: #28| Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Islanders | December 3rd | 7:00pm | F/OTL 3-2

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Earth to Strummer, the season is already over man, wake up. It ended on November 1st, our usual November collapse. We have the WORST PK in hockey, the worst D in hockey, and no goaltending (though Nilsson looks good and Poulin looked good in spurts, but they aren't the answer). Visnofsky is nowhere in sight, this could be a Crosby type of concussion, and let's face it, we are basing our hopes on a 37 year old 5'10" defenseman. Once Nabby comes back, he will get the bulk of the games which keeps me up at night. We have a GM who trades for a guy who will walk at the end of the season, along with 2 draft choices. He also trades for offense when we needed defense. Seriously, in what way shape or firm do you see the Islanders not finishing in the bottom 5 ?

You need to chill out. Petrov is gonna fly over here on a dragon in January and save our season.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Scott, re-read my post and try to find where I disputed anything you just posted. You won't.

Once again, it's December. It's of my opinion that complaining that this team earned a point with only a quarter of the season played is a bit overdramatic. Nothing more, nothing less. You can disagree (which you obviously do), but that's all I'm trying to say here.

Who cares, really. It's like Charlie Brown looking to kick the ball and Lucy ALWAYS pulls the ball away. If the difference between drafting Ekblad and a prospect we won't see in 4 years is the 2 meaningless points we gained in December. You're damned ****ing right I'd be pissed off. Ask the Devils fans how they felt when the Devils decided the last 3 games of the season was the time to play hard, and they lost out on Lemieux. I remember the Islanders winning their last game in 1990 only to see the Penguins get Jagr and we got Scott Friggen Scissons. So yeah, I'd be pissed. I was half joking but really, will these 2 points really mean anything come April ? There is no saving THIS team THIS year, this year is a wash, it's over.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
And how many games did he miss in that stretch? Tell me how many more games would they have one with your precious Moulson in the line-up.

Oh **** it, why am I wasting my time with this obvious sleezebag troll?

I'm pretty sure they picked up 2 wins while he was out so 4-11-2 might actually be giving him an added benefit.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
If JT had Crosby's or Ovie's speed, he'd be the best player in hockey and be out scoring everyone.

I want to see him do that!! I want him to go all out and win the FN game. Leaders do that!!!

Ovie carries his freaking team to win, they play hard for him! Crosby does not mind playing through traffic. He wins games for his team.

I want Tavares to be the leader that C on his chest is suppose to represent. I wanna see some BLEEEEEPING PASSION!!!!!!
Have a Paul O'Neil moment.. break something!!

Instead we have Captain Toast!! (GASP I insulted Islander Jesus)

This team plays like they inhales carbon monoxide in the locker room. The coaching staff considers it a good game and the players soon accept that. We need a captain to step up and say enough of this mediocrity.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Pittsburgh is bettmans favorite team. We all know this.
4-11-2, let's call a pig a pig, 4-13 is what it be.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Earth to Strummer, the season is already over man, wake up. It ended on November 1st, our usual November collapse. We have the WORST PK in hockey, the worst D in hockey, and no goaltending (though Nilsson looks good and Poulin looked good in spurts, but they aren't the answer). Visnofsky is nowhere in sight, this could be a Crosby type of concussion, and let's face it, we are basing our hopes on a 37 year old 5'10" defenseman. Once Nabby comes back, he will get the bulk of the games which keeps me up at night. We have a GM who trades for a guy who will walk at the end of the season, along with 2 draft choices. He also trades for offense when we needed defense. Seriously, in what way shape or firm do you see the Islanders not finishing in the bottom 5 ?

yup^^^^ :handclap::handclap:

camper*

I've watched all the games. This club plays like they leave their balls in a cup on the nightstand before they go to work no matter who they play. Well, the top 9 and most of the defense do anyway.

The Guy/Girl your trying to make hockey sense to….thinks you out IQ the other team:laugh:
The poster believes we are stuck in the 70's concerning physical hockey;)

scott99

May 13, 2005
Key words right there.

He has been BRUTAL this year. As bad or worse than Amac and for some reason he also thinks he is a forward this season and carries it WAY to far into the zone just to turn it over.

He rarely hits this season and plays horrible defense. That OT goal was on him.

Terrible :shakehead

And the funny thing about it, or should I say sad, is that Hamonic is so TERRIBLE offensively yet the moron keeps trying. Can't believe we signed this POS to a long contract.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Have to agree with that, Nilsson was the only one who was being chippy back.

I think this was reason behind Clutterbuck move. I hope they can move one of or maybe even both Bailey and Grabner for D help and give Nelson and someone else like Lee a shot in top 9. I also think it is time for Regin and Bouchard to go, nice attempt to buy Strome, Lee, Sundstrom etc more time in AHL but its time for these kids to get shots up here.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Who cares, really. It's like Charlie Brown looking to kick the ball and Lucy ALWAYS pulls the ball away. If the difference between drafting Ekblad and a prospect we won't see in 4 years is the 2 meaningless points we gained in December. You're damned ****ing right I'd be pissed off. Ask the Devils fans how they felt when the Devils decided the last 3 games of the season was the time to play hard, and they lost out on Lemieux. I remember the Islanders winning their last game in 1990 only to see the Penguins get Jagr and we got Scott Friggen Scissons. So yeah, I'd be pissed. I was half joking but really, will these 2 points really mean anything come April ? There is no saving THIS team THIS year, this year is a wash, it's over.

Not trying to stoke your fire higher, but then why even watch? Save yourself the blood pressure medication and read a book or something.

No, in all seriousness, I know the deal. I continue to watch the games too, even knowing what's going to happen before the puck even drops. It's a sickness. It's a habit. It's a sickening habit.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere

Scott, you know what will happen, they will keep the pick this year, Buffalo will win the lottery with the Isles pick and get McDavid in 2015. We are cursed!

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Not trying to stoke your fire higher, but then why even watch? Save yourself the blood pressure medication and read a book or something?

No, in all seriousness, I know the deal. I continue to watch the games too, even knowing what's going to happen before the puck even drops. It's a sickness. It's a habit. It's a sickening habit.

It certainly is not to listen to Butchie talk about time and space along with his dirty area.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
when you are on the power play, late in the third period of a tied game.......YOU DONT RETALIATE!!!!! its called "sucking it up" or "taking one for the team".....

The anti-Vanek folk over propagandize this stuff BUT I am not happy with his penalties either. I won't go into it here, but I am leaning more and more towards using Vanek to procure something else we need at the deadline.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I want to see him do that!! I want him to go all out and win the FN game. Leaders do that!!!

Ovie carries his freaking team to win, they play hard for him! Crosby does not mind playing through traffic. He wins games for his team.

I want Tavares to be the leader that C on his chest is suppose to represent. I wanna see some BLEEEEEPING PASSION!!!!!!
Have a Paul O'Neil moment.. break something!!

Instead we have Captain Toast!! (GASP I insulted Islander Jesus)

This team plays like they inhales carbon monoxide in the locker room. The coaching staff considers it a good game and the players soon accept that. We need a captain to step up and say enough of this mediocrity.

JT is consistently getting points. We'd be in hockey hell without him. He is a great player, plain and simple. BUT he has not DOMINATED. Last season and a major part of 2011-12 Tavares dominated. Have yet to see him go beast mode like he did in those two seasons. The difference is, he's been more consistent this year. So far, he hasn't had that long stretch without scoring like he's had in previous seasons. Hopefully that doesn't happen. Though I'd love to see him go into beast mode again. I thought tonight was gonna be one of those games.

I remember a game 2 years ago against the Rangers at the Coliseum in October, he scored 3 goals and 2 assists. A 5 point beast mode game. But the most impressive thing I saw him do in that game, was come in 1 on 3, and practically throw the Ranger's defenders out of the way and burst in. He didn't score, but I was amazed, that's when I said, Tavares has arrived, he is now elite. I have yet to see Tavares have one of those beast mode games yet this season. Still having a great season, on pace for 32 goals and 62 assists 94 points.

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
everyone is talking about the bad penalty by vanek but what about the bad weak penalties by jt or ness like those didn't hurt at all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad