Post-Game Talk: #28 | Capitals at Flyers | December 14, 2023 | Flyers win 4-3 (2-1 shootout)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
afb59841-58da-4c00-a4da-b9446b847b28_text.gif

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
That game was not fun. It was a sloppy, slow, ugly ass game, games we couldn't win the last 3 years or so, but tonight was not fun, but i do agree in part that they've been more entertaining this year
The fight back was fun.

Were there frustrating moments? Of course. Was it the greatest offensive game ever played? LOL not even close. Was it even one of the more crisp games of the year? Nah.

But they responded to adversity multiple times, got back in it, and stayed undefeated in shootouts.

And if you’re not having fun when we’re winning shootouts after all the losses we’ve piled up in them over the years then idk what to tell ya.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Fast forwarded through most of this one. It's hilarious they're sticking with Risto on the powerplay; legitimately hoping it's because they're trying to get him exposure for a trade, but it's not going well if that's the case. :laugh:

Ersson looks more comfortable every game. Amazing what a difference a couple of months can make. He looked so lost in his first few starts this season.

Couts had back to back awful first OT shifts. Easily could have lost the game on that first shift again... after winning the faceoff. OT's like this suck the soul out of hockey. It was embarrassing what the Caps did with the puck. The Flyers had the puck for about 20 seconds of the OT and had the best chance; beauty pass by Poehling to Cambo with the Yugo. Man, Atkinson stinks now, though he did have a good forecheck that turned into a goal.

Pretty pedestrian game. The Caps have good micro stats, but every time I've seen them this year, they look so slow.

Hathaway getting rocked, Saint Nic coming to his defense, and Edmundson telling him to pound sand made me laugh out loud.

The guys I want to see contribute are contributing, so that's nice.

Torts, Jones, and Briere have all said they're committed to the "rebuild" in the last week as the team keeps bagging points. There's no way they're sticking to that message if the team remains in the playoff hunt. Commitment to the rebuild means moving out roster players and they'll second guess themselves all season if they keep winning.

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Where's that Braindead guy? Seems he should be shining these days.........

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
That game was not fun. It was a sloppy, slow, ugly ass game, games we couldn't win the last 3 years or so, but tonight was not fun, but i do agree in part that they've been more entertaining this year

1st and 2nd were pretty terrible - neutral zone slop fest. 3rd period was fun i’ll give em that

Fast forwarded through most of this one. It's hilarious they're sticking with Risto on the powerplay; legitimately hoping it's because they're trying to get him exposure for a trade, but it's not going well if that's the case. :laugh:

Ersson looks more comfortable every game. Amazing what a difference a couple of months can make. He looked so lost in his first few starts this season.

Couts had back to back awful first OT shifts. Easily could have lost the game on that first shift again... after winning the faceoff. OT's like this suck the soul out of hockey. It was embarrassing what the Caps did with the puck. The Flyers had the puck for about 20 seconds of the OT and had the best chance; beauty pass by Poehling to Cambo with the Yugo. Man, Atkinson stinks now, though he did have a good forecheck that turned into a goal.

Pretty pedestrian game. The Caps have good micro stats, but every time I've seen them this year, they look so slow.

Hathaway getting rocked, Saint Nic coming to his defense, and Edmundson telling him to pound sand made me laugh out loud.

The guys I want to see contribute are contributing, so that's nice.

Torts, Jones, and Briere have all said they're committed to the "rebuild" in the last week as the team keeps bagging points. There's no way they're sticking to that message if the team remains in the playoff hunt. Commitment to the rebuild means moving out roster players and they'll second guess themselves all season if they keep winning.
When Nashville scored early - I really thought Ersson was going to get chased from the game. He is a lot stronger mentally than I thought he was, especially in games like that where he lets up an early goal and then doesn’t see a lot of shots for the rest of the game.

Much respect to #33. He’s been solid, I can’t ask for much else

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
When the PP is chugging along at 11% do they not think it is time to change something. The PP coach, try a different approach or personnel
I haven't watched much this year, but on O'Connor's podcast he said Farabee is not even on the PP? Really? If so, Thompson needs gone ASAP... actually needs gone anyways regardless if Farabee isn't on the PP.

That account no longer exists.
The account Ghost Beer also no longer exists.

Something happened to both of those posters, and that's all we need to know.

I'm personally happy they're both gone.
Wowzers. I used to come on here 10-20x a day to lurk and occasionally post, but haven't lately. When did that happen?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Fast forwarded through most of this one. It's hilarious they're sticking with Risto on the powerplay
Why is it funny? He's been a fairly successful PP guy before, and it's their best chance for him to get some points and make his contract look less awful.

It's slim pickings for PP dmen on this current roster.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
It would be hilarious that after years of failing to compete under Fletcher the first year we are actually rebuilding we make the playoffs.

Good on the players though. It seems they're really embracing the us against the world mentality. They're not a bunch of losers like we've seen on other rebuilding teams.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Took my daughter to her first game, she had a fantastic time. It was entertaining, always nice to beat the caps even when they are toast.

Cotton Candy with the kid up past her bedtime already, was probably not the best idea. We had fun, she told me she wanted to come to the hockey game again, ate popcorn, cotton candy, got a picture with Santa...pretty sure it wasn't Santa Coatsey but similar red disfigured cherry nose.

Some guys claiming to be TK's cousin or uncle or something sat in front of us telling everyone around they are related to TK.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Will you also hate another decade of mediocrity, or is instant gratification all you need?
Nothing guarantees long term success. So why not enjoy short term success? I mean there's more to being a hockey fan than Stanley Cup or bust.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Took my daughter to her first game, she had a fantastic time. It was entertaining, always nice to beat the caps even when they are toast.

Cotton Candy with the kid up past her bedtime already, was probably not the best idea. We had fun, she told me she wanted to come to the hockey game again, ate popcorn, cotton candy, got a picture with Santa...pretty sure it wasn't Santa Coatsey but similar red disfigured cherry nose.

Some guys claiming to be TK's cousin or uncle or something sat in front of us telling everyone around they are related to TK.

I've never seen anyone who doesn't like live hockey. I look forward to taking my daughter to a first game. She won't get cotton candy though, because her MO is to take one bite, declare it is The Best, take one more bite, declare she is done, and then give the rest to me. I despise cotton candy.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
When the PP is chugging along at 11% do they not think it is time to change something. The PP coach, try a different approach or personnel
The did. They replaced both defensemen on the PP. PP1 Risto to the moon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad