GDT: #28 – Kings at Sabres – Tue Dec 13, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Some want to debate. Sorry it's a futile effort, but keep wasting keystrokes if you want....

O'Reilly is wearing the next C for the Sabres. Too bad so sad.

Would you be mad if it were Eichel? Seems like it.

I'd prefer Eichel because he is clearly our franchise, but ROR would be a very good choice too. It's nice to finally have some real options for a change.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I don't see why some posters are turning this captain debate into a dick measuring contest, who cares we have more then one very good option...look at LA, does it really matter that Kopitar wears the C over Doughty? both players are the leaders of that team.

I'd like to see Ristolainen wear an A, and Eichel/O'Reilly have letters upfront. Those are your leaders, best players, and this franchise's most important assets. But, I also think Okposo is worthy of a letter.

I'm fine with Eichel being captain next year and growing into that role, but I think O'Reilly is ready for that role today and is the definition of a captain. I flip flop on this a lot, but put a gun to my head I would go O'Reilly. Eichel is still a bit too inconsistent and can be lackadaisical at times (see yesterday's final shift). Eichel's time as the captain of this team will come some day, but he is still just 20 years old. Unlike other teams like Edmonton, Colorado and maybe even Toronto (Matthews) we a guy in his prime who is worthy of being a captain.

Last edited:

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I don't see why some posters are turning this captain debate into a dick measuring contest, who cares we have more then one very good option...look at LA, does it really matter that Kopitar wears the C over Doughty? both players are the leaders of that team.

I'd like to see Ristolainen wear an A, and Eichel/O'Reilly have letters upfront. Those are your leaders, best players, and this franchise's most important assets. But, I also think Okposo is worthy of a letter.

I'm fine with Eichel being captain next year and growing into that role, but I think O'Reilly is ready for that role today and is the definition of a captain. I flip flop on this a lot, but put a gun to my head I would go O'Reilly. Eichel is still a bit too inconsistent and can be lackadaisical at times (see yesterday's final shift). Eichel's time as the captain of this team will come some day, but he is still just 20 years old. Unlike other teams like Edmonton, Colorado and maybe even Toronto (Matthews) we a guy in his prime who is worthy of being a captain.

He wasn't lackadaisical. Young player, there are NO 20 year old forwards who are very good in their own end especially under that kind of pressure in the final moments of a game and that includes Reinhart.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
He wasn't lackadaisical. Young player, there are NO 20 year old forwards who are very good in their own end especially under that kind of pressure in the final moments of a game and that includes Reinhart.

He absolutely was. But I'm not having this discussion.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I know how to solve this: co-captains.

:sarcasm:

You know , I was thinking about this the other day and it really wouldn't be a bad idea. Last time we had that it worked out prettt well wouldn't you say ?

And if I am doing anything possible to keep Eichel happy. We aren't Chicago and won't have multiple cup wins by the time Eichels 7th season is up. Even if it's 5 years away until Eichel signs that 8 year deal I am going to have a nervous feeling in my stomach about him bolting to Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad