8 McCormick, 47 Bogosian, 63 Ennis​
|
INJ​
|
3 McNabb, 32 Quick​

** Lineups always subject to change at morning and pre-game skates **

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Keep throwing your losing goaltender out there. After all, he's had such a stellar career and shouldn't have to compete with the guy winning more, stopping more, and looking better doing it.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Keep throwing your losing goaltender out there. After all, he's had such a stellar career and shouldn't have to compete with the guy winning more, stopping more, and looking better doing it.

Goals allowed in last 5 starts:
Lehner: 3, 3, 2, 1, 1
Nilsson: 3, 3, 3, 3, 1

Almost looks like Lehner is better but gets less goal support. Maybe try getting mad at the team in front of him for never being able to score more than a single goal.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Goals allowed in last 5 starts:
Lehner: 3, 3, 2, 1, 1
Nilsson: 3, 3, 3, 3, 1

Almost looks like Lehner is better but gets less goal support. Maybe try getting mad at the team in front of him for never being able to score more than a single goal.

Wins are what matters most when it comes to goalies. But, I dont think it really matters because Lehner is a far better goalie then some give him credit for.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

Once again...

CF% with Lehner in net: 49.8
CF% with Nilsson in net 46.0

It's better to start Lehner.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I personally like having two goalies who are sorta near each other in ability. They have both said in interviews that they motivate, help and push each other to do well. I'd much rather have that than two goalies who don't care for one another. Or some pompous ego filled starter who won't give the time of day to the backup.

The team in front of Lehner/Nilsson need to play better. The team in front of Lehner/Nilsson need to get healthier. The team in front of Lehner/Nilsson need to be coached better.

It's not all on the goalies like some short-sighted fans would have you believe. And neither MUST be "elite" to win games.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I personally like having two goalies who are sorta near each other in ability. They have both said in interviews that they motivate, help and push each other to do well. I'd much rather have that than two goalies who don't care for one another. Or some pompous ego filled starter who won't give the time of day to the backup.

The team in front of Lehner/Nilsson need to play better. The team in front of Lehner/Nilsson need to get healthier. The team in front of Lehner/Nilsson need to be coached better.

It's not all on the goalies like some short-sighted fans would have you believe. And neither MUST be "elite" to win games.

I agree, you are so smart!

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

Agreed completely. If you need elite goaltending to win, your team sucks. Our goalies are good enough for us to be a good team, we just need to start being one.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
12-13: DAN BYLSMA WITH HOWARD SIMON ON WGR (15:23)
#Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma is on WGR right now! Tune in:

Bylsma - Jack's doing pretty well. Had a lot of energy in first five games, but he's feeling good with some rest #sabres goal

Bylsma - we've talked to Kyle Okposo and he's feeling much better this morning. Hoping he's good to go for tonight #sabres

Bylsma - Okposo's been great through the first 27 games. Really haven't had the chance to see Okposo with a guy like Kane and Eichel #Sabres

Bylsma - Kane took some time to feel comfortable on the ice coming back from injury. He's an effective player for us when he uses his speed

Bylsma - Kane's getting results with the way he plays, but he also opens up things for us #Sabres

Bylsma - to get both Kulikov and Gorges back makes a difference with our game planning in terms of matchups #Sabres

Bylsma - 55 is one of the hardest workers off the ice, he's in great shape. Don't want him to play those minutes, but we're monitoring it

Bylsma - Bogosian will skate with the team at the morning skate. We hope to have him playing within the next 5-10 days #Sabres

Bylsma - we know what we have to do to be a playoff team. We just have to keep up at a 3-game pace. If we do, we'll be back in the race

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Based on Bylsma's WGR interview this morning, I wouldn't expect that to change anytime soon - doesn't sound like Bylsma has any intention of reducing Kane's role.

Most likely you're right. I just wish he wouldn't tie him with Eichel. That is never going to work.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Based on Bylsma's WGR interview this morning, I wouldn't expect that to change anytime soon - doesn't sound like Bylsma has any intention of reducing Kane's role.

Seems like he believes Kane's injury is still lingering a bit. He believes Kane has another gear or two in him. Cant say i disagree. I'm done with Kane at this point, but there's no denying he was playing at a faster and more intense pace prior to the injury.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I must be the only one that feels Kane has been one of our best forwards the last few games.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Most likely you're right. I just wish he wouldn't tie him with Eichel. That is never going to work.

I just wish Eichel would play better. He has made terrible decisions with the puck. It has nothing to do with Kane at all. He needs to play smarter. Shoot more.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Once again...

CF% with Lehner in net: 49.8
CF% with Nilsson in net 46.0

It's better to start Lehner.

Just trying to illustrate that starting Nilsson "because he wins" doesn't make sense. We've played better with Lehner in net and if he keeps playing the results will likely even out.

Whats the context of that CF% stat? 5v5 only or all situations? Tied, close, or all score situations? etc. Those numbers are absolutely meaningless without context.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad