GDT: #27|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. St. Louis Blues|Whoever is not injured...|8:00PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
cut.jpg

PENGUINS (14-8-4) at BLUES (16-5-6)
8 p.m. ET; FS-MW, ATTSN-PT, NHL.TV

The Game

The St. Louis Blues will try for their third straight win when they host the Pittsburgh Penguins at Enterprise Center on Saturday.

The Blues wrapped up a three-game road trip 2-0-1 with a 3-1 win at the Dallas Stars on Friday.

The Penguins, who had their six-game point streak (4-0-2) end with a 5-2 loss at the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday, could be without forward Bryan Rust for a second straight game.

Rust, who is tied for third on the Penguins with 17 points (nine goals, eight assists) in 14 games, missed the game Friday with a lower-body injury after falling into the boards during the morning skate.

Penguins projected lineup

Jake Guentzel -- Evgeni Malkin -- Dominik Simon
Dominik Kahun -- Jared McCann -- Patric Hornqvist
Zach Aston-Reese -- Teddy Blueger -- Brandon Tanev
Alex Galchenyuk -- Sam Lafferty -- Joseph Blandisi

Brian Dumoulin -- Kris Letang
Jack Johnson -- John Marino
Marcus Pettersson -- Zach Trotman

Matt Murray
Tristan Jarry

Scratched
: Chad Ruhwedel, Juuso Riikola
Injured: Sidney Crosby (core muscle), Nick Bjugstad (lower body), Justin Schultz (lower body), Bryan Rust (lower body)

Blues projected lineup

Jaden Schwartz -- Brayden Schenn -- Robert Thomas
Zach Sanford -- Ryan O'Reilly -- David Perron
Ivan Barbashev -- Tyler Bozak -- Troy Brouwer
Mackenzie MacEachern -- Jacob de la Rose -- Nathan Walker

Vince Dunn -- Alex Pietrangelo
Jay Bouwmeester -- Colton Parayko
Derrick Pouliot -- Justin Faulk

Jordan Binnington
Jake Allen

Scratched
: Austin Poganski
Injured: Vladimir Tarasenko (shoulder), Alexander Steen (ankle), Sammy Blais (wrist), Oskar Sundqvist (lower body), Carl Gunnarsson (illness)
Suspended: Robert Bortuzzo

Penguins at Blues preview

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
cut.jpg

PENGUINS (14-8-4) at BLUES (16-5-6)
8 p.m. ET; FS-MW, ATTSN-PT, NHL.TV

The Game

The St. Louis Blues will try for their third straight win when they host the Pittsburgh Penguins at Enterprise Center on Saturday.

The Blues wrapped up a three-game road trip 2-0-1 with a 3-1 win at the Dallas Stars on Friday.

The Penguins, who had their six-game point streak (4-0-2) end with a 5-2 loss at the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday, could be without forward Bryan Rust for a second straight game.

Rust, who is tied for third on the Penguins with 17 points (nine goals, eight assists) in 14 games, missed the game Friday with a lower-body injury after falling into the boards during the morning skate.

Penguins projected lineup

Jake Guentzel -- Evgeni Malkin -- Dominik Simon
Dominik Kahun -- Jared McCann -- Patric Hornqvist
Zach Aston-Reese -- Teddy Blueger -- Brandon Tanev
Alex Galchenyuk -- Sam Lafferty -- Joseph Blandisi

Brian Dumoulin -- Kris Letang
Jack Johnson -- John Marino
Marcus Pettersson -- Zach Trotman

Matt Murray
Tristan Jarry

Scratched
: Chad Ruhwedel, Juuso Riikola
Injured: Sidney Crosby (core muscle), Nick Bjugstad (lower body), Justin Schultz (lower body), Bryan Rust (lower body)

Blues projected lineup

Jaden Schwartz -- Brayden Schenn -- Robert Thomas
Zach Sanford -- Ryan O'Reilly -- David Perron
Ivan Barbashev -- Tyler Bozak -- Troy Brouwer
Mackenzie MacEachern -- Jacob de la Rose -- Nathan Walker

Vince Dunn -- Alex Pietrangelo
Jay Bouwmeester -- Colton Parayko
Derrick Pouliot -- Justin Faulk

Jordan Binnington
Jake Allen

Scratched
: Austin Poganski
Injured: Vladimir Tarasenko (shoulder), Alexander Steen (ankle), Sammy Blais (wrist), Oskar Sundqvist (lower body), Carl Gunnarsson (illness)
Suspended: Robert Bortuzzo

Penguins at Blues preview

I can appreciate the GDT, can’t I, without “liking” a post that includes Coldplay?

I’m really hoping Simon is not back up on L1 tonight...just a total waste....Blues are a heavy team...either 1) kill them with speed on our top line and stick Kahun or Tanev there, or 2) put Horny up there...someone to open up space for G and Jake...NO SIMON...also, hopefully Blandisi made it and we can scratch our crappy RD options on the third pair and play Riikola there...

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I don't at all have good feelings about this game. On top of everything else Rust going down was just such a blow and they have to be pouring it all out just to achieve what they already have so far. Just gotta dig deep I guess but I mean... damn.

At least this thread's GIF game is super strong already with lots of time on the clock, yet.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Great GDT, ColePens!

Express yourself no matter what the pundits around here say about your music.

That includes me, we are all a diverse bunch. And yes, I did listen to it.

So... I reserve the right to Crossfade the music selection.

I know your sorry for being "so Cold."

LGP!

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I normally wouldn't say this and I hope to be wrong but I fully expect the Blues to win this game and most likely in decisive fashion.

Reactions: Andy99

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I don't at all have good feelings about this game. On top of everything else Rust going down was just such a blow and they have to be pouring it all out just to achieve what they already have so far. Just gotta dig deep I guess but I mean... damn.

At least this thread's GIF game is super strong already with lots of time on the clock, yet.
Nothing at all points to us winning this game so we'll probably win 5-2

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Penguins are the Murphys law of the NHL. Anything that can happen, will happen....to us!

RizzleMcRib

Cheeseburgers and rocket ships.
Jun 17, 2014
Wherever there are cheeseburgers.
These lines are garbage. Tanev should get some look in the top 6. Dude is straight energy. Motor never stops. And Trotman? I fully expected to get blown out. Maybe Sully will quit with this playing favorites if we do. It's reaching Bylsma territory.

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Hard to take you seriously as you are a constant source of pessimism.
Really? I think I'm pretty fair about things. When we play bad I'm critical, when we play well I give the guys props. I really don't see what you're seeing there TBH. I think I'm pretty honest on such matters.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
I have the same feeling.
2FqjEka.gif
Well done Ugene.

You reminded me of an old Monty Python movie that I think represents the Penguins injuries vs the reigning champion:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Of course in the end King Arthur calls it a Draw. I think we'd settle for that tonight.

P.s. I couldn't figure out how to put a logo on the Black knight to really set it off

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Kinda like... No chance Trotman plays right? I mean..... Right?
I wish. Yohe said in his CBJ postgame comments that Trotman was terrible against Calgary, Ruh was awful against Van, so they went back to Trotman and he was terrible. Cough drop is the player that makes the most sense to play D even as an LD on his offside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia