GDT: 27 Oct 4pm: Coyotes @ Bruins

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Who's available as UFA? Who's available cheap via trade?

Weiss? Lecavalier? Peter Mueller?

Oh ****, he went there.

I'd actually take Lecavalier. If he was on a cheap contract. Doesn't need to do anything other than use his superior hockey sense in the offensive zone to make the right decisions when Domi gives him the puck.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Vitale doesn't count, Hanzal is a big deal and Vermette is a big deal, because it forces us to move Chips up into the #1 C spot, followed by Richardson, followed by Gordon, followed by AHL 3rd line center.

We all knew at the beginning of the season that are "depth" up the middle was poor and we all knew that Hanzal hasn't played anywhere close to a full schedule in 4 years. Vermette had been an iron man, but he's on the wrong side of 30 and things like this happens.

The onus is on Maloney to go get us some help if Hanzal is going to be out long-term.
Why doesn't Vitale count? He's a centerman, and if he was healthy he'd surely be playing over Gaudet at the moment. Hanzal as far as I know is only day to day, and Vermette's injury doesn't appear to be serious. I don't see any need to hit any panic buttons.

And hell, it's not like we're pushing for the playoffs :laugh:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

Weiss makes sense. But he's made of glass, too. I think I actually advocated this once, but noone liked it.

Chris Kelly of the Bruins could be a cap casualty worth kicking the tires on.

PhxYotes85

Feb 18, 2012
Scottsdale, Az
Yay, we suck!

27242498.jpg

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles

Ill take Vinny on the cheap. Played with some young talent before, could impart some wisdom. Not a bad depth guy once Hanzal returns. Put him on the 2nd PP unit.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Why doesn't Vitale count? He's a centerman, and if he was healthy he'd surely be playing over Gaudet at the moment. Hanzal as far as I know is only day to day, and Vermette's injury doesn't appear to be serious. I don't see any need to hit any panic buttons.

And hell, it's not like we're pushing for the playoffs :laugh:

That is why I said "IF"

Vitale is basically half as good as Gordon offensively, so no, he doesn't count. He's the equivalent of Gaudet, but better defensively.

Last season Hanzal was listed as Day2Day, which turned into something serious so with him you never know.

Look I don't mind losing again this season as we'll have a fun time watching Domi/Duclair/Boedker/OEL and still have a chance to land Matthews, which would be great.

Would love to add Matthews to Strome to the list of centers in the stable.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Jack Edwards complaining about someone else trying to goon it up. I can't handle this irony.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad