GDT: 27 Oct 4pm: Coyotes @ Bruins

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Wouldn't have been different if lindback played. The whole team didn't show up.

I agree. But we do need to give the guy ice time. I knew this would be a blowout, but wanted to see Lindback under the pressure instead of smith who, well, looked like grease in the crease again

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
It's one blow out guys, there will be more.

This team will most likely have consistency issues throughout. I don't think anyone can honestly say they didn't foresee this happening.

Biggest concern right now is getting healthy.

Also, be forewarned: The first game back after being on the road is a tough one in general and Vancouver is playing well. If we don't get some players back, it could easily get ugly Friday. Some of you may want to invest in an oxygen tank from the local medical supply, to help preserve your own health.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Last year in the first 10 games, we had three games where we gave up 6 goals. This was the only one in the first 10 this year. Baby steps.

Yep, if we only get blown out once every 10 games this year, I would be happy with that. Smith was not good tonight but not the reason we got blown out. End of road trip, back to back game with Vermette/Hanzal/Murphy out, too much to over come and expect a win with this roster. Hopefully, all 3 are back by Friday. We are still on a 90 point pace after 10 games, way better then expected so far, we'll see if it lasts....

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
5-4-1 after 10 games including a 5 game east coast roadie and 3 back-to-backs.

Well done boys! :handclap:

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I don't know how anyone would want to watch the Bruins telecast. Their announcer is one of the biggest, if not the biggest homer around.

He made #5 on this list:

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2014/07/28/top-10-biggest-homer-announcers-sports

Had to watch the game with the Arizona feed last night - at least our announcers don't call players "Twinkle Toes" as yours did to Larson last night. Twinkle Toes? Really? You guys have zero room to talk with regard to announcers IMO LOL Add to that those two guys were so low key I wasn't sure I was actually watching a hockey game some times. As for Jack, yep, he's a homer, but he's also the Bruins announcer. Not an NHL announcer. Boston Bruins. Jack may be whacked and he may come out with some "huh?!" things regularly, but he knows his stuff and knows the players from both teams every game he does. I'd rather listen to an announcer who is not just doing his job but enjoys his job and loves the game to the point where he can't hide his fandom from his on air personality than one who can just as easily put you to sleep. He is a Bruins fan yes, but he's also a fan of the game and gets just as excited when the opposing team does something amazing as he does if its a Bruin.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Had to watch the game with the Arizona feed last night - at least our announcers don't call players "Twinkle Toes" as yours did to Larson last night. Twinkle Toes? Really? You guys have zero room to talk with regard to announcers IMO LOL Add to that those two guys were so low key I wasn't sure I was actually watching a hockey game some times. As for Jack, yep, he's a homer, but he's also the Bruins announcer. Not an NHL announcer. Boston Bruins. Jack may be whacked and he may come out with some "huh?!" things regularly, but he knows his stuff and knows the players from both teams every game he does. I'd rather listen to an announcer who is not just doing his job but enjoys his job and loves the game to the point where he can't hide his fandom from his on air personality than one who can just as easily put you to sleep. He is a Bruins fan yes, but he's also a fan of the game and gets just as excited when the opposing team does something amazing as he does if its a Bruin.

Hit a nerve over there did I? I'm sure if I was a Bruins fan I would feel differently, but I'm not a Bruins fan. And I like the side humor Tyson has, not everyone does though(as proven by your post) and many others on this board.

Different tastes, it is what it is. I didn't make a big deal about him being a homer, I just mentioned that he was a homer. Didn't discredit his hockey knowledge or his passion for the game.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It's one blow out guys, there will be more.

This team will most likely have consistency issues throughout. I don't think anyone can honestly say they didn't foresee this happening.

Biggest concern right now is getting healthy.

Also, be forewarned: The first game back after being on the road is a tough one in general and Vancouver is playing well. If we don't get some players back, it could easily get ugly Friday. Some of you may want to invest in an oxygen tank from the local medical supply, to help preserve your own health.

Yep. The roller coaster will continue throughout the year.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

My second favorite team in the world is the Boston Bruins. I used to live and work in Boston. So take that as your context when I say that Jack Edwards is a clown.

That's okay, though. Some people like clowns.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Hit a nerve over there did I? I'm sure if I was a Bruins fan I would feel differently, but I'm not a Bruins fan. And I like the side humor Tyson has, not everyone does though(as proven by your post) and many others on this board.

Different tastes, it is what it is. I didn't make a big deal about him being a homer, I just mentioned that he was a homer. Didn't discredit his hockey knowledge or his passion for the game.

The twinkle toes thing bugged me hard, I fully admit it. I was horrified actually. It's hockey, not ballet. I get to listen to a lot of non-bruins broadcasts being on the west coast. Maybe it's just too many years of Jack in my ears, but they all seem so boring and monotoneish. I like announcers who straight up love the game and get into the game while announcing. The boring 'always professional, let's make it seem like a golf match' ones just don't do it for me. If I'm yelling, ranting and screaming, damnit, I want my announcers doing the same. It also irks me when announcers don't know the rosters of the teams they're playing.That's a league wide thing tho. It just adds more to the play by play when they know the players names instead of always hearing "boston has the puck in the corner", or "47 passes to 11". I know Jack is kind of a freak and not the norm as far as how far he goes to get information on the opposing team each game, but at least pronounce the few names you do know properly. I think I may have thrown my tv out the window if I had to hear "Kreechi" one more time and Tyson isn't the only one who says it like that.

As for the game, wasn't expecting what happened to actually happen, but was of course pleasantly surprised. Saw your guys' first few games of the season and remember my first thought on them being "huh, maybe the yotes have finally figured out a playoff potential roster". Hope things get better for you guys. Good luck the rest of the way, and remember - it's still mathematically possible that we could see each other in the Cup final. :naughty:Lofty goals for each of our teams me thinks.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Edwards and Nash are both clowns, just in different ways. I personally find Edwards way a lot more annoying and unforgivable.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Edwards and Nash are both clowns, just in different ways. I personally find Edwards way a lot more annoying and unforgivable.

And the homers do a good job of selling what the say to the LCD in society. I bet we would get better people broadcasting the games if the hockey IQ in the Valley went up overtime.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
And the homers do a good job of selling what the say to the LCD in society. I bet we would get better people broadcasting the games if the hockey IQ in the Valley went up overtime.

I agree with this.

In a way, announcers are announcers - you will always have your Norman Chad to Lon McEachern (for the WSOP poker watchers out there). But it is when you feel like you hear the same things over and over again that you start to tune out. Not quite the same as when you would hear a "Holy jumpin..." from Pang, b/c you knew that it was a crazy play that required that, but it could have been a goal, a save, a big hit, etc.

And also, this was the first time our defense looked really bad out there, but we were missing two decent to good face-off artists, our shutdown center, and a top 4 D. You aren't going to have much luck with that, even if we had 3 or 4 days worth of rest. The first 10 games have been a mix of good and bad, but the way that I also look at it is that most veterans always say it takes about 10-20 games for them to start to find their footing. The rookies carried us quite a bit through the first 10, and now hopefully we start to see Doan, Richardson, Vermette, Downie, and some of the other names filling in the gaps (hopefully while the rookies continue playing strong). Health and more solid/consistent defense are the two things that we need to see improve, team-wise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad