GDT: [#27] Dallas Stars @ Vancouver Canucks, 3pm CST

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
So far I’ve only made it to two Stars games live, in Edmonton and Calgary in March of last year. Saw a 7-1 loss and a 3-1 loss so I guess I’m banned from attending any more.

Watched the Stars twice and the only player I’ve seen score is Brett Ritchie (he scored the 1 in both games).

Meanwhile ive been to Dallas three times now, and the Stars are 6-0-0 at the games i’ve attended (beating the Jets twice)

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Don't try to apply fancy stats to a PP. It's either scoring or it's not.

GF/60 is literally the measurement of how often a goal is scored on the PP while a player is on the ice. What you just posted is equivalent to "don't try to trick me with yer booklearnins"

I know we're in Texas but god damn.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
GF/60 is literally the measurement of how often a goal is scored on the PP while a player is on the ice. What you just posted is equivalent to "don't try to trick me with yer booklearnins"

If the individual numbers are so different, why aren’t the PP results?

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla

This is Troy we're talking about here, if it's not bashing Nichushkin it's out of his wheelhouse.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Ah, so you’re still including the hot streak from the first week of the season.

With Klingberg even when the Powerplay didn't score it at least looked somewhat dangerous most of the time and they actually managed to get set up on a regular basis. Unlike right now .

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
With Klingberg even when the Powerplay didn't score it at least looked somewhat dangerous most of the time and they actually managed to get set up on a regular basis. Unlike right now .
For sure. Klingberg is awesome and makes everything more dangerous when he's on the ice.

I'm not trying to crap on Klingberg. I'm crapping on the PP. When you get past the hot start, it has gone to total crap no matter who is out there. Is that because teams quickly adapted to what the Stars wanted to do? I don't know.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Ah, so you’re still including the hot streak from the first week of the season.

That happens to be the only part of the season where the PP was fully manned. It originally went to shit because Radulov got injured in the NJD game, and by the time he was fully back (excluding that one MTL game) Klingberg was already out.

Also, there's just no real reason to exclude the PP goals from the beginning of the season other than to apply bias so the data will fit your conclusion. It's not like it's from last year or something.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
That happens to be the only part of the season where the PP was fully manned. It originally went to **** because Radulov got injured in the NJD game, and by the time he was fully back (excluding that one MTL game) Klingberg was already out.

Also, there's just no real reason to exclude the PP goals from the beginning of the season other than to apply bias so the data will fit your conclusion. It's not like it's from last year or something.

Agree about Rads and Klinger hardly sharing the ice outside of the hot streak. However, if your PP sucks to the point of last in the league when you’re missing two players, that’s seems like a system problem..

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Agree about Rads and Klinger hardly sharing the ice outside of the hot streak. However, if your PP sucks to the point of last in the league when you’re missing two players, that’s seems like a system problem..

Well if its your most important player(s) thats just what happens. Look at how awful the Oilers looked without McDavid . Some players are just not replaceable. If you build the PP around certain things its gonna struggle if those are missing.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
RE: The power play....
To my eye, just like under Hitch, Ruff, Gully, etc., they start out the pre-season and early season by snapping the puck around, as each coach vows to improve the PP. Looks like a real PP for about 10 games. For some reason, after that, they always revert to standing around, and GF% goes down.

It has happened nearly every year I can recall. Has to start with Jamie and Tyler, no? They are the biggest constants the last five years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad