GDT: #27 Capitals @ Devils 7:00PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I still think he's a decent player, just not the one we're used to.

I'm still of the belief that almost every player on this team (even that floater Brunner) would be more productive on another team or in another system.

I mean, I'm not saying that guys like Gionta, Tootoo, Bernier, or even Zubrus would be any better in another system or on another team. Though I think Elias, Jägr, Ryder (especially him), and everyone's favorite punching bag Travis Zajac, would all be more productive if we blew this system to smithereens.

I've always been of the belief that this system is not very effective and does not generate quality opportunities.

It's the main reason why we get 34 shots on mediocre goaltenders like Holtby, but only score one goal. Meanwhile, he faces 25 shots and gives up 5 goals the very next night. I also believe it's a big reason why we get shutout by trash like Kari Ramblow and Ray Emery.

I read a good article over the Summer about how this system doesn't generate good enough scoring chances.

you think the team will turn around under a new coach it won't... debeor deserves to be fired yes, you think elias is playing bad because of the coach? no he is playing bad because he is 38 yrs and he is washed up..

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
As already posted many of our veterans aren't just vets, they're over the hill. I heard Jagr say something about the hit he took and was upset because this season may be his last. I believe he's starting to realize how hard it is to play at a top level at 42. Same with Elias who is 38. Jagr and Elias are fortunate to be playing at their age, however, it's inevitable that it will come to an end, they should ask Derek Jeter. And this also includes Zub and Salvador. Bye, bye to Ryder, Zidlicky and a few other.

Last edited:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
After having to watch Marty play for the St. Louis god damn Blues, nothing is sacred to me anymore. I wouldn't be outraged if Lou was fired.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
hah packaging jagr&zid to a contender for a mid/late first rounder, then combining that with our first and greene for a top 5 overall? :sarcasm:

haha that's def overpay, but idk. basically i'd be cool with selling greene too if the opportunity arises. though, as ironic as it sounds, losing a veteran D in him would hurt, considering he's not particularly the negative side of PDBs referenced vets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad